• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Since Sam didn't speak in the trailer, I wonder if there's no nee story stuff and the new content is challenge rooms or something like that.

Darkkahn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he'll ever work on that series again. He wanted to stop making games in the series since MGS2. Now he finally got away with it, although obviously not the way he would've liked.
I mean the crawl hole in the wall, the top-down camera view, soldiers going to and fro in straight lines, the cardboard box, THE ORANGES!
All of these in a single trailer has got to mean something!

kratos01

Nov 14, 2017
"Director's cut." Kojima is so far up he's own ass and perhaps way too into movies lol.
52506--resident-evil-directors-cut.png

Knuf

Oct 28, 2017
Still have my LE shrinkwrapped, but I'm going to double dip and play the hell out of this: DualSense is a complete gamechanger for me.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
Oh dear. I hope the lack of a release date means they will stealth drop this on us before E3 is over and not in November.

The MGS nod in that trailer... I don't even know what to think of that.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have this game sitting on my wishlist on steam for a while. Now I'll wait if this comes to PC, if it'll go Epic Store exclusively for a year and if it's improving the main game in a way that makes it worth the wait.

Seems like me diving into this game might still be about two years off.

Also hoping this is not the only project they've been up to. I'm sure it takes a lot of work, but I hope they're prepping another game as a second project.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Curious to see what upgrades there are for PS5. This game runs extremely well on PC, particularly with DLSS...but there is a lot of room to amp things higher visually even going for 60 fps.

BlackBate

Oct 22, 2019
Won't support free PS5 upgrade for PS4 owners. Anyone who wants to play it on PS5 has to pay for the upgrade to the Director's Cut Edition.
This version is going to include:
- Competitive leaderboard system
- Extra content: guns, vehicles, enemies, missions, mini games
- New extended area
- Social Strand System
- Support for Haptic Feedback, Adaptive Triggers, 3D Audio and fast loading times
- Two Display Modes: Performance (4K and up to 60fps)/Fidelity (native 4K) with widescreen and HDR support (for both)

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Won't support free PS5 upgrade for PS4 owners. Anyone who wants to play it on PS5 has to pay for the upgrade to the Director's Cut Edition.
- New extended area
- Social Strand System
- Support for Haptic Feedback, Adaptive Triggers, 3D Audio and fast loading times
- Two Display Modes: Performance (4K and up to 60fps)/Fidelity (native 4K) with widescreen and HDR support

Source?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
- New extended area
- Social Strand System
- Two Display Modes: Performance (4K and up to 60fps)/Fidelity (native 4K) with widescreen and HDR support
Let me doubt that HDR is exclusive for the fidelity mode.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
- New extended area
- Social Strand System
Price?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this will be like some kind of patch, maybe even free or if this will be some sort of paid expansion or if this will even be its own game version. Last but not least, I wonder if it is a PS5 exclusive or if PC and even the PS4 will get it too.

Edit:
- New extended area
- Social Strand System
- Two Display Modes: Performance (4K and up to 60fps)/Fidelity (native 4K) with widescreen and HDR support (for both)

Oh?! Where is this from?

"4K and up to 60fps" is weird, lol. Shouldn't it rather be 60fps and up to 4K if it is a performance mode? ;)

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
- New extended area
- Social Strand System
You forgot to mention it`s going to include a demo of the upcoming Silent Hill Remake.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I've been dying to play this - I don't even know why I never got it on PS4. Anyway can't wait to experience it on PS5 at 60fps.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Real or not, it's mostly within expectations; the universe admits all kinds of new content, while in improving stealth or combat, it delves into an area every fan expected to find in the original, but was pretty subdued.

With the right additions, this could become their best work from a gameplay perspective. Though it'll be a hard sell if no upgrade plan is included.

ntinosaur

Oct 27, 2017
It's just Kojima being cute, but if desperately want to find a meaning behind this trailer, then you could say that Hideo (through Sam) understands that he cannot make MGS game games any more, hence Sam leaving the box.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Already double dipped on PS4 and PC. Won't buy it a third time. This game isn't good enough.

Oct 27, 2017
As a Kojima stan and Death Stranding being my GOTY 2019, day one for me.

Just being able to play the game at 60fps and new dual sense stuff is worth it.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
Into my veins... Hopefully PS5 availability increases sooner rather than later as these releases are starting to make me really want one.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Very happy about this. Kojima needs to go nutso with the DualSense. The BT scanner, the terrain, the weather, each tool. It'll be awesome.

And yeah I hope there are lots of new tools, vehicles, and deliveries, and a new area. But 60fps and the Dualsense is exciting.

Yes!!! I've been dreaming about DualSense support for this game ever since I got a PS5. I'll buy it even if I have to pay full price. That's Kojima for me.

bunikerrim

Oct 3, 2019
That a game made by Kojima in a studio called Kojima Productions and made with total freedom of choice has a "director's cut" is definitely something

browinie

Oct 26, 2017
What's wrong with that title?

At least it makes it clear what to expect.

It doesn't make it clear what to expect. It's very very uncommon for video games to receive a director's cut by definition, it also implies that Sony did not approve of the cut content initially for whatever reason. Kojima is pretty egotistical and a self-proclaimed film buff, who also at one point wanted to be a film director. That is why I find it really amusing that they're labelling this as a 'director's cut' when it's really most likely just going to be a next gen port with a bit of new content.

What is your deal?

An example from 24 years ago? Okay.

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
It doesn't make it clear what to expect. It's very very uncommon for video games to receive a director's cut by definition, it also implies that Sony did not approve of the cut content initially for whatever reason. Kojima is pretty egotistical and a self-proclaimed film buff, who also at one point wanted to be a film director. That is why I find it really amusing that they're labelling this as a 'director's cut' when it's really most likely just going to be a next gen port with a bit of new content.
Kojima is very playful with titles and he usually has a lot of meaning to them, even if just for himself. So I think he has a reason why he called it Directors Cut. It might have to do less with cut content and more with the kind of content he denied himself to make. He talked a lot about entertainment in the Geoff quick interview. Emphasizing that the stuff he makes needs to be fun and entertaining, ultimately. If this Director's Cut adds a lot of stealth action sequences and other gameplay stuff people wanted out of him originally then he may be playfully pointing that out in that now this is the "Director's Cut" and the other one was the "Author's Cut" or some stupid shit like that. Basically, it's just a name and if it has any significance Kojima will beat us over the head with it.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
People saying Kojima needs an Editor.
he's EDITOR was Kojima.

now with Director's Cut Kojima unleashed Kojima