• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for an upgrade path for my PS4 disk copy.

Never finished it and would like to go back.

melloon

Jan 17, 2021
I'm not sure this really means anything for PC... Couldn't they just patch the new content in? Meanwhile this (assumedly) is a new retail release

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to hearing about the upgrades and hopefully wanting to play through again. Already gave me 60ish hours on PS4.

Man, my body wasn't ready for a full length movie at the end so my opinion on the game was heavily based on how it left me vs. everything that led to it.

But the whole experience never left me, especially during the most difficult months of pandemic, so I really think it is a special, top of the class game, with all of its quirks and highs and lows.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope there's an upgrade path. I stopped long ago because I figured I would wait for a 60fps ps5 upgrade of sorts

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
btw description is exactly the same as previous rating except for this one newly added line:

"In some stages, players can perform stealth takedowns of enemies (e.g., strangling characters from behind)."

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played this yet, only watched my wife play it some. If this is a free upgrade, I'll finally check the game out

Friender

Sep 27, 2020
Looking forward to learning more....specifically what has changed to utilize the PS5 hardware

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
I'm not sure this really means anything for PC... Couldn't they just patch the new content in? Meanwhile this (assumedly) is a new retail release
This is a new SKU for the game which is why it was rated for PS5. PC might just get it as a DLC which iam not sure if gets rated or not so this director's cut thing on PC could just be a simple STEAM Bundle with the base game and DLC packed in.

So i don't think this rating means much in terms of exclusivity.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
I always wanted a DS sequel from a gameplay sense, but the story wraps up so conclusively it wouldn't make sense. So a souped-up re-release is kind of an ideal scenario imo. Excited to see what they add.

btw description is exactly the same as previous rating except for this one newly added line:

"In some stages, players can perform stealth takedowns of enemies (e.g., strangling characters from behind)."

This is already a thing in the original game. Not sure why they added that.

Oct 27, 2017
Remember that the PlayStation version was published by Sony and the PC version was published by 505. So two different publishers will be submitting the game separately. Also, knowing Sony, you can never rule out it being an exclusive or timed-exclusive until it's available to purchase.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
This is already a thing in the original game. Not sure why they added that.
Are you sure? I think you can stealth takedown mules. I just went to their camp without cargo and used to clear out for materials.
That's not new at all. You can stealth takedown mules with your cord.
In DS you just tie your enemies in a non-lethal way, since this is an addition to the rating I imagine it's referring to
tenor.gif

bud

Oct 27, 2017
will try it out for the (hopefully, great) dual sense implementation.

but only if it's a free upgrade.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing it recently on steam and stopped because of this announcement, now I'm wondering if I should continue. Hard to believe that the PC version won't be updated eventually.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to learning more....specifically what has changed to utilize the PS5 hardware

The haptics make it feel like you're actually holding Sam's penis while he takes a piss in addition to the fact you can use gyro aim to control his stream with extreme precision. Just wait till you see how the triggers fight you when it's time to pass a kidney stone.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome.

Definitely been wanting to replay this, going to have to wait for the PC version though.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
So this is the Substance/Subsistence of Death Stranding huh? I wonder what minigame it'll add.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
There are hints they're going to be adding more enemy variety, though. I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but this Homo Demens in the trailer is wearing a Speed Skeleton:

EletPk0.png

In the original game, all of these guys are wearing the Power Skeletons, which is just like a cosmetic thing really. Adding a Speed Skeleton would imply they can now sprint after you? Possibly jump over gaps as well?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
It's a Sony IP so that was obvious.
It's 1st party game, so if anything 6 months is on the short side.
I know it's a Sony IP, but it was announced as multiplatform (PC+PS) from the very beginning. All the secrecy around releases on other platforms later gets tiring. Just announce it for PS5 and PC (x months later).