• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hands down one of the worst trailers I've ever seen in my life in any medium. Sooner or later this game has to make at least an ounce of sense somewhere instead of 1 long look into Kojima's mind on acid.

He really does need someone else on the team to restrain his insanity. I can see this game being a massive disaster whenever it finally comes out.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. Reminded me of Matrix a bit

I feel like there are a lot of Matrix like themes going on in this game.

Whatever that baby is, he is a power source for whatever the tech is that Norman Reedus and the other men have on their backs. I assume he is an offspring of whatever the invisible beings are that are hunting them. Probably gods or aliens

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad I can play a Kojima game without the baggage of the metal gear solid lore. I never played all of them so following that stuff was a mess.
are you me? main reason i could never play the games. multi generation spanning titles when I only really could pay attention to it on the ps4 era since I went to xbox and finally to ps4.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Guillermo Del Toro should make this into a movie, too. I want a comic book, I want a book, I want an album, I want a kid's meal menu item, I want Death Stranding everything.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
damn, That was pretty dope in a lot of weird wtf moments. Gotta hand it to Kojima & his team. There's no one out there doing this kind of weird shit with AAA platform.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Never have I seen so much of a game through a trailer and yet not know what the fuck is going on with it. Wow.

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Good lord, this game's creative direction is talking my language. Striking, captivating, and eerie as fuck.

DQfpvkMU8AA-hnk.jpg
DQfpvkLU8AEKcQy.jpg

Last edited:

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
That was riveting and horrifying, woah. (Though the baby with the thumbs up... yup.)

Interesting theories on Reddit re: the whole baby thing.

Yeah, that seems to make the most sense so far.

Honestly, it can be fun to pick apart things and theory craft, but for things that are bat shit crazy like this I like going into them completely dark and just have my mind blown which might get ruined by reading reddit for years before the release.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
If you get hit by the fast aging attack, prepare your baby clone for deployment. You must wait a few seconds for your baby to mature and for you to transfer consciousness.

P.S. the babies are 1up mushrooms.

ThatGuyfromMars

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm just glad that Reedus is on the same boat with us, because I'm still not sure what I just watched, it's like I watched someone's fan film for Death Stranding. I like the weirdness of it all, but I'd at least like a little something to understand what the story actually is.

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
you would think that the more trailers we see for this game the better understanding of it we would have but nope

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hands down one of the worst trailers I've ever seen in my life in any medium. Sooner or later this game has to make at least an ounce of sense somewhere instead of 1 long look into Kojima's mind on acid.

He really does need someone else on the team to restrain his insanity. I can see this game being a massive disaster whenever it finally comes out.

Lol the cynic really does die hard

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
I think that trailer was either incredible, or abysmal.

Who can tell?

As a creative piece it's great. As a marketing tool it's good. As a preview to gameplay it's bad. So being a static trailer i'd say it lands on incredible. It's like how the MGSV trailers are still fantastic even if we now know there was little else backing the story.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
Lol the cynic really does die hard
I don't know. Seems fair from that perspective.

We've seen 18 minutes of this game across three trailers and still have no clue about actual gameplay.

Yes, Kojima has an incredible vision, and some amazing talent is being put to work here, but at some point we as players become involved in this madness right?

Past games give me the benefit of the doubt personally, but I can absolutely understand people being disappointed at another trailer with no interactive meat to its bones.

Phreak47

Oct 27, 2017
This was definitely the most emotional element of the trailer. It's a game called "Death Stranding," and death by suicide was apparently preferable to whatever those things were that were abducting them. I really want to know (and don't want to know) what those things are and what they do to people. Scary stuff.

They may very well become the zombie soldiers we saw in last year's trailer.

Also, think I'm onto something here.

"then came the next Explosion"

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
I hope it ends up being a creepy horror game. No guns blazing stuff.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there are a lot of Matrix like themes going on in this game.

Whatever that baby is, he is a power source for whatever the tech is that Norman Reedus and the other men have on their backs. I assume he is an offspring of whatever the invisible beings are that are hunting them. Probably gods or aliens

Yeah he couldn't see the creatures until he got the baby right? man the possibilities

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously one of the craziest things I've ever seen and it's just a 7 minute trailer for the actual game.

Dude is going DEEP into psychological sci-fi horror and I'm loving every second of it.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to be like the tv show LOST. It's going to be awesome to watch and nobody will ever understand what is happening.