• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 0 is one example, even with the refreshed "Greatest Hits" style branding, they've still got the "Only on PlayStation" banner right there

krpez96z87h21.jpg

Is Yakuza 0 on xbox?

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yakuza 0 is one example, even with the refreshed "Greatest Hits" style branding, they've still got the "Only on PlayStation" banner right there

krpez96z87h21.jpg

I don't think you realize what you're doing here. All you're doing is showing how Sony uses that label whenever they want to. There is no consistent bases in its use. With that known why make this thread and think all that stuff in the OP is proof when you yourself just showed labels and listings don't mean anything?

You can't use labels for one example then at the same time use its lack of presence for another.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Since this entire thread is just theorizing and speculating with no concrete or even credible information whatsoever, I'll throw in my crackpot thought:

Everything is up in the air with a PC Version possible based on where Kojima Production, specifically their relationship with Sony, goes from here. Think of Death Stranding as a 'trial run' of sorts that made sense for both sides. After Konami, he wouldn't want to immediately lock himself into some long term arrangement, but a 1 game deal with an option for more projects afterwards allows him to build his studio with a layer of security most independents don't see, especially new ones.

Sony rolled out the red carpet in unprecedented fashion for Kojima, so it's not a stretch to think they made certain compromises contractually that would ensure he had freedom & flexibility no matter what direction he decided to take KojiPro four years later once Death Stranding was finished. Whether that means he's free to put the game on other platforms outright after an exclusivity period, or able to negotiate for its rights should he choose to move on from the WWS partnership, who knows.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Exclusive to Epic Store.

Cancelled for PS4 because Epic loves to troll. Epic paid $500 million for it.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Yeah, they know how to do it, I will double dip and a lot of people will do the same

Jafku1

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
We've known this for some time now? They said at the beginning Death Stranding would also be launching on pc at a later date

Jan 17, 2019
Early Access, not full game release. A game not present on the list can be chalked up to many things. Presence of some games is questionable as well (Journey, Tetris effect). But why remove an entity from all domains when its already uploaded?

Beta, Early access, whatever....it's out. So, like Death Stranding, it's coming to PC because it's not on the list. Logic. LOL

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
We've known this for some time now? They said at the beginning Death Stranding would also be launching on pc at a later date

I'm all for a PC Version but unless I'm wildly mistaken this never happened. Not once has "PC" been mentioned since the game had an engine or a name. You're referring to his comments right after the partnership announcement with Andrew House. He talked about doing a "smaller" scale game for PS4 that would also come to PC.

Jafku1

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for a PC Version but unless I'm wildly mistaken this never happened. Not once has "PC" been mentioned since the game had an engine or a name. You're referring to his comments right after the partnership announcement with Andrew House. He talked about doing a "smaller" scale game for PS4 that would also come to PC.
ah my mistake if so. I guess I assumed it was about Death Stranding

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Man this whole thread is embarrassing. All these post from a listing change.

It still appears as "Only on PlayStation" on the ps4 store.

pu8n936jl2f31.jpg
The people in charge of the store are likely separate than the website.

There are more indications to be coming to PC than its 100% exclusive on ps4 as of this date.

Sony should be shouting "only on ps4" from the top of the mountains for Death Stranding and they aren't.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The people in charge of the store are likely separate than the website.

There are more indications to be coming to PC than its 100% exclusive on ps4 as of this date.

Sony should be shouting "only on ps4" from the top of the mountains for Death Stranding and they aren't.

They also really don't need to, though. The PS4 is the de facto console right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
So the "Only on PlayStation" logo means shit then.
In Yakuza 0 case, around when the Greatest hits edition was announced, a PC release was also announced. Probably just a case of not worth reprinting. 99% of games tagged with that are only on PlayStation, but QD's stuff shows Sony will allow a PC port of their fully owned I.Ps if the situation is right, regardless of a logo.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
EGS, surely?

Who else has money burning a hole in their pocket? MS? But they're like, responsible with their money

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Watch this be the headline title for psnow relaunch in November. You can buy the the game for $60 on pc and stream it day 1

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
I don't think you realize what you're doing here. All you're doing is showing how Sony uses that label whenever they want to. There is no consistent bases in its use. With that known why make this thread and think all that stuff in the OP is proof when you yourself just showed labels and listings don't mean anything?

You can't use labels for one example then at the same time use its lack of presence for another.

I agree. If anything, all it imparts is some shifting of postures by Sony. Maybe legal decided they need to change the parameters of what is listed as exclusive, and they're just future proofing. The removal could mean any number of things, including very mundane reasons.

Having said that, did I see somewhere that Kojima visited Stadia offices recently or something?

browinie

Oct 26, 2017
Tetris Effect is on that list which was recently released for PC, even if Death Stranding was coming to PC it would still be on that list no? If anything the list is not accurate or reliable.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people spend so much time and energy over this? Are people really that insecure that Sony might lose an exclusive? Why does it even matter?

If you're confident that it won't come anywhere else, just leave it be and wait until the release day.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Why do people spend so much time and energy over this? Are people really that insecure that Sony might lose an exclusive? Why does it even matter?

If you're confident that it won't come anywhere else, just leave it be and wait until the release day.
It's a bit strange that some are so loyal to a brand, that they become insecure about certain topics pertaining too said brand. It's pretty sad honestly.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Early Access, not full game release. A game not present on the list can be chalked up to many things. Presence of some games is questionable as well (Journey, Tetris effect). But why remove an entity from all domains when its already uploaded?

I mean if anything Dreams needs to be on the list more. Since it's actually something you can not only purchase but play. You can't say that for Death Stranding which is purely pre-order.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
EGS announcement incoming!!

For real though, a PC release is good news for everyone!!

meh if it did come to EGS as an exclusive I wouldn't whine about it, as long as I can play it on PC then its all good. also it would hilariously point out some hypocrisy on this forum too when the outrage isn't as strong lmao

would take it over the PS4 version as I don't have a pro

Status
Not open for further replies.