• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Lol people still don't understand that Sony owns the game, if it it's coming to PC, that's something that Kojima and Sony decided on. Honestly, the only reason this game is going to come to PC is because Kojima wants it. The only thing I can think of is Kojima wanted a PC version if they were going to partner, or else they wouldn't. And it's not like Sony was going to pass up on it.
I really don't understand what point you are trying to make, when a game hits a platform I think everyone may already suspect it was no accident and that the dev and publisher planned and wanted it lmao

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't understand what point you are trying to make, when a game hits a platform I think everyone may already suspect it was no accident and that the dev and publisher planned and wanted it lmao
People are acting like Sony doesn't own the game. And some are thinking it will come to other platforms other than PC.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
4 years of this back & forth. I admire the dedication, But we can all probably accept it will come to PC at some point. Sony are the ones to blame with their murky wording etc. But I get it, They can't come out and say it since it makes their version of the game the worst one so many will just wait, And they can't be having that since they funded the game.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
It is confirmed. I am gonna play this game on PC on its launch day this November.

via Remove Play :P

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
4 years of this back & forth. I admire the dedication, But we can all probably accept it will come to PC at some point. Sony are the ones to blame with their murky wording etc. But I get it, They can't come out and say it since it makes their version of the game the worst one so many will just wait, And they can't be having that since they funded the game.
I see a contradicition in that logic. Even in the case they allowed KojiPro to self-publish the PC version, it's still their game, just another version of it, which is also owned by them, and it's going to give them money back. This is not, I don't know, a Yakuza or SF V situation, where a PC version might financially hurt them, because it affects the potential number of sales on their platform. Every DS copy sold is an SIE game sold, like with Uncharted or God of War. The difference is this is going (apparently) to be sold on more than one platform, but that's not a negative for them.

Either way, focusing first on PS makes much more sense. It's their storefront, with their own rules, they can sell hardware to people interested in the game, and collector's editions are sold at a premium. Down the line, after they've done who knows how much money, they will keep the machine going with a digital version for PC, getting again, a cut for every sale. They don't speak clearly, that's true, but it doesn't change the fact, that whatever happens, this is their game.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing I noticed in those threads is that the notion that Kojima, who was the vice president of Konami, had a far bigger leverage for negotiation seems impossible to some people.

It's like for some people, Sony owns Kojima and Kojima like it. For some people, Kojima just want a blank check to make games and not care about the business aspect and is even glad to be owned by Sony.

Sorry to break some fantasies here, but it's not how things work.

Believe it or not, if you only care about making games, about being a creator, you're even more interested in protecting your creation. The idea that Kojima after taking the boot and taken away his creations (Snatcher, Policenauts and more importantly Metal Gear) would just accept a deal without any ownership sounds far fetched to say the least.

Because otherwise, Sony could've just hired him or outright bought KojiPro. It didn't happen. There's nothing crazy in the idea that (in fact, that's what the deleted Medium QA said and what the SIE PR implies) KojiPro wants to self publish the game on PC and that Sony wants ownership on consoles, which is where it matters the most to them. There's nothing crazy in the idea that Kojima has at least a little saying in what's happening, especially after the whole Konami thing.

Jan 20, 2019

Even day one multi platforns games they sell more that 50% of the market, do you think they care if their version is the worst?

Mabec

Oct 27, 2017
This all could be a way to secure it being released on Sonys next console as well. Also, yes, Epic Games exclusive would be hilarious

Oct 25, 2017
PC version would be great. I keep hearing Kojima describe some kind of online stuff ("social strand") and I don't want to renew my PS Plus again so I'd prefer a PC version where I can still access online after my Plus ends.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I also love how transparent some people in those threads are. Y'know the "EGS exclusivity would be hilarious" kind. Smells a lot like "if it's not PS4 exclusive, then I hope they'll manage to screw it up for others".

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
It's not the talk of a PC version that's annoying. It's people acting like Sony doesn't own the game that's annoying. It's their game. If they want to put it on PC, that's fine. if they don't, that's that's also fine, since it's up to them, much like Nintendo didn't release smash, pokemon and fire emblem on other platforms despite them not being "first party" games.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing I noticed in those threads is that the notion that Kojima, who was the vice president of Konami, had a far bigger leverage for negotiation seems impossible to some people.

It's like for some people, Sony owns Kojima and Kojima like it. For some people, Kojima just want a blank check to make games and not care about the business aspect and is even glad to be owned by Sony.

Sorry to break some fantasies here, but it's not how things work.

Believe it or not, if you only care about making games, about being a creator, you're even more interested in protecting your creation. The idea that Kojima after taking the boot and taken away his creations (Snatcher, Policenauts and more importantly Metal Gear) would just accept a deal without any ownership sounds far fetched to say the least.

Because otherwise, Sony could've just hired him or outright bought KojiPro. It didn't happen. There's nothing crazy in the idea that (in fact, that's what the deleted Medium QA said and what the SIE PR implies) KojiPro wants to self publish the game on PC and that Sony wants ownership on consoles, which is where it matters the most to them. There's nothing crazy in the idea that Kojima has at least a little saying in what's happening, especially after the whole Konami thing.

If Death Stranding is a huge success I don't doubt there is a chance Sony buys KojiPro outright.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
It's not the talk of a PC version that's annoying. It's people acting like Sony doesn't own the game that's annoying. It's their game. If they want to put it on PC, that's fine. if they don't, that's that's also fine, since it's up to them, much like Nintendo didn't release smash, pokemon and fire emblem on other platforms despite them not being "first party" games.
This. ^^^

Deleted member 30124

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Brauni

Dec 4, 2017
much like Nintendo didn't release smash and fire emblem on other platforms despite them not being "first party" games.
Baseless port begging is banned for a reason so *hnnnggg, holding it in*

But in this case we have some actual hints of a PC version being at least heavily considered by the developers/publisher (I hope that's is the lowest common denominator here), so of course people are goshing about it, because people like their pc, and others like exclusives, understandably.

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019

Would Sony be the publisher on PC, or would KojiPro publish it themselves?

Oct 25, 2017
If Death Stranding is a huge success I don't doubt there is a chance Sony buys KojiPro outright.
No matter how good their partnership is, I imagine Kojima is far more comfortable being independent than being owned by a company.

Things are fine as is. Sony provides the money and gets to promote a big name (timed?) exclusive, Kojima gets to do whatever the fuck he wants and seemingly maintains ownership of the IP?

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
No matter how good their partnership is, I imagine Kojima is far more comfortable being independent than being owned by a company.

Things are fine as is. Sony provides the money and gets to promote a big name (timed?) exclusive, Kojima gets to do whatever the fuck he wants and seemingly maintains ownership of the IP?
Sony own the IP and publishing rights.

Oct 26, 2017
I see this mentioned quite a lot here, and it never makes sense to me. If it were console ownership that mattered to them the most, they'd have put their entire first-party lineup on PC by now, much like MS did. They've stated in the past that the PS4 Pro was conceived as a competitor to PC, not the Xbox One X.

PS4 Pro as a PC competitor was a lie.

Sony had no problems with console exclusive games, see SF V, cross-play with PC and some of their "funded" games are on PC as well.
So no, saying that PS4 Pro was conceived as a competitor to PC was just PR, i mean, Xbox One X came out one year later, they had to say PC.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
PC version would be nice if day one. Unless it's EGS exclusive, I'd rather play on Pro than give a dime to Epic.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also love how transparent some people in those threads are. Y'know the "EGS exclusivity would be hilarious" kind. Smells a lot like "if it's not PS4 exclusive, then I hope they'll manage to screw it up for others".
It's really pathetic. The more people get to play this, the better.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
You sure about that? Seems more like the deal they had with thatgamecompany and Quantic Dream (who were able to publish their games on PC despite Sony funding and publishing the PS3/4 version).
They also own these IPs, Except for Heavy Rain.
Owning the IP doesn't mean they can't have a deal with the studio who made the game to release it on other platforms (PC).

Nov 2, 2017
Even day one multi platforns games they sell more that 50% of the market, do you think they care if their version is the worst?
There really isn't enough data to make a statement like this. It's also way too broad because while it might be true for some multiplats it's certainly not true for all or even most multiplats.

Only really Ubisoft gives platform breakdowns for their revenue and PC was the biggest platform the last two quarters, one of which The DIvision 2 launched in. For Ubisoft atleast PS4 is never even close to being more than 50% of the market. It's currently not even their biggest platform.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
much like Nintendo didn't release smash, pokemon and fire emblem on other platforms despite them not being "first party" games.
those games are first party. death stranding is first party as well.

yeah, it's really sad.

Last edited:

Deleted member 30124

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
PS4 Pro as a PC competitor was a lie.

Xbox is still their primary competitor, I agree, but if what they said were a complete lie, you'd see more of their games on PC, not just a handful of indie releases.

Sony doesn't have problems with 3rd party console exclusive games (SFV, Nioh etc.). They don't have ownership over these games, though, so they'd rather have Xbox excluded from the equation than PC. It comes down to who is a bigger threat for them, and that's still Xbox.

Last edited:

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
If a big EGS wad of cash is what it takes for this or any other game to make it to PC then so be it.

That said, given Sony owns the trademark for this, I don't expect it to make it to PC soon. Soon as in within one year at least.

Will be pleasantly surprised if it does as it's unlikely I'll get this one at launch anyway.

Nov 3, 2017

How is it screwing it up, the outrage at !!!!!!!SHOCKER!!!!!!! having to use another launcher is funny from an outside perspective and will continue to be, it's still available on your platform of choice you're just being a baby about it

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this will totally be released on PC. Next Gen will be interesting. Chances are getting higher every day that PC will become my primary platform with more and more "exclusive" games ending up on PC.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
How is it screwing it up, the outrage at !!!!!!!SHOCKER!!!!!!! having to use another launcher is funny from an outside perspective and will continue to be, it's still available on your platform of choice you're just being a baby about it

Did I say that ?
No. But people knows a lot of people dont want to use it.
It doesn't matter if it's right or not. It's the intent that matters.
"if it's not exclusive anymore, I hope there'll be downsides for the others".

Yes lol
That way there's reveling in suffering both ways. Nobody has to feel left out when it comes to heartache.

Heartache because more people gets to play it ?

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Did I say that ?
No. But people knows a lot of people dont want to use it.
It doesn't matter if it's right or not. It's the intent that matters.
"if it's not exclusive anymore, I hope there'll be downsides for the others".

Heartache because more people gets to play it ?
Yes. This doesn't seem like a hard question to figure out. Nobody likes hearing "PC Master race" and no compromises mentality bullshit all day. It's patronizing.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. This doesn't seem like a hard question to figure out. Nobody likes hearing "PC Master race" and no compromises mentality bullshit all day. It's patronizing.

So as I said, some sort of vengeance mentality going on.
"Those smug pricks took OUR game. So I hope they'll mess it up in a way or another, that'd be HILARIOUS".

Status
Not open for further replies.