• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
No news outlets have reported on this yet which is why I thought've delivering the news to you myself. Found it out about an hour ago.

If you go on the official PlayStation site, there's a section which lists out all games which are exclusive to PlayStation 4 (games designated with the Only on PlayStation banner). You've got the typical first-party games like Horizon, Days Gone and God of War, but Death Stranding was there too. To prove that, if you use the Wayback Machine to May 26, 2019, it was listed there alongside the rest of the Only on PlayStation games.

odqxS3T.png

However, it seems this has now been removed. If you click here and check it out for yourself, Death Stranding is nowhere to be seen.

8RzGQGg.png

It's not only the Australian site too. All official PlayStation sites have had any references to Death Stranding on their exclusive games list completely wiped.

Here's Portugal: https://www.playstation.com/pt-pt/explore/ps4-exclusives/
France: https://www.playstation.com/fr-be/explore/ps4-exclusives/
Germany: https://www.playstation.com/de-de/explore/ps4-exclusives/

Death Stranding was originally announced for PS4 and PCs, here's an archived official press release from Sony THEMSELVES prior to the game's announcement (when they announced their partnership) in Dec 2015 just so you know I'm not messin'

Wndluft.png

Even though DS was announced for PC and PS4, news on a PC version has been quite muted. There's no doubt in anyone's mind at this point that Sony has signed a timed exclusivity deal with Kojima Productions (in fact we've known this ever since Kojima set up the new Kojima Productions with them announcing a partnership with Sony and explicitly describing their new game as console exclusive to PS4 but coming to PC) but the fact that they've been tip-toeing around whether Death Stranding will or will not come to PC is annoying.

With things like the cover art not having the Only on PlayStation banner and now this, it wouldn't surprise me if KojiPro were gearing up to announce the PC version of Death Stranding sometime soon. Gamescom is coming up and we know Kojima'll be there for the first time in years so it doesn't seem too out of reach to think he'd shed some light on the PC version (just like when he was there last time to announce MGSV for Steam) though I'd imagine Sony would rather he does so once the PS4 version is out as they've been marketing this game heavily alongside games like The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima as if it were a first-party exclusive.

The likely scenario regarding Death Stranding's exclusivity is that Sony funded the project from the start and agreed to a PC version so long as Kojima Productions granted PlayStation console exclusivity rights. It seems the Decima Engine was handed to Kojima as a gift from Guerilla with no strings attached. He's been keen on celebrating it wherever he can as the technology has played a crucial part in bringing the game to life.

D8C1_VGUEAEzOY1.jpg

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This game is rivaling FFVII for the worst-kept temporary exclusive.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
EGS announcement incoming!!

For real though, a PC release is good news for everyone!!

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Where was the official announcement that it would be for PS4 -as well as- PC?

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's been stated ever since the announcement that it'll come to another platform other than Sony, PC in this case, at one point either around or after the release. Recently, you started to see the tidbits of PS exclusivity being removed.

Question is, when will it arrive on PC? I guess we'll find out as we move closer to the release date.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Weren't talks about being only a year exclusive on PS4 and then releasing on PC? Like, all this IS suspicious considering the game isn't even out and already isn't a exclusive.

Also, I'm not gonna be surprised when is announced as an EGS exclusive (Tim is gonna pay for that and not care about the cost) and people actually try to witch-hunt Kojima in real life (because of course there will be mad bastards doing that).

Last edited:

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I wonder if people will attack Kojima like they did with those Ooblets developers should it come to the Epic Games Store.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As interested as I am in the game, I'm not buying it on a console, so hopefully a pc version is happening

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I still feel that it's coming to PC eventhough there are some who say it's not.

Too many little things like this popping off. And people are joking but I'm sure there is a certain Dev/Store looking for exclusivity for that and are getting their truckloads of cash ready.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
They used Guerilla Games engine and it's not an exclusive? I don't know, sounds odd.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Crazy to think that Sony funded, helped with development and in the end will not be exclusive.

Kojima must have Sony execs in his pocket.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I prepare myself to be excited for the PC trailer at Gamescom, just to be suitably disappointed when the EGS logo fades in at the end of said trailer.

Such is the life of a PC gamer in this year of our lord, 2019.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
We already know Sony has issued gag orders for partnerships and marketing deals with games that were also coming to the PC such as Nier Automata and Nioh. If it is a timed exclusive I would bet money they can't talk about it at all until very close to it's exclusivity window ending and it's release on PC.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if people will attack Kojima like they did with those Ooblets developers should it come to the Epic Games Store.

There's always going to be a very minority set that will just go into full harassment/death threat mode whether it'll be announced on EGS or any other platform, sadly. Heck even a small set of Playstation fans might act up when it's announced, just cuz it's not exclusive. It's happened before. I'm just crossing my fingers it won't or at the very least, those users aren't from this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.