• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look, this is the kind of things that if Epic invested in bring to the PC, would gather great points with the PC crowd
Instead, they decided to be petty.

If Death Stranding comes to EGS I have no problems with it.

Oct 25, 2017
Here's an archived official press release from Sony

Wndluft.png

Given Sonys utterly shit history with how they secure and then try to hide timed exclusives, there is no reason to believe the initial contract has not always been in play.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
Everyone will be surprised with Kojima announcement on Gamescon with the recent visit of Jade Raymond to Kojima studios. I'm not surprised of an Stadia version and not an Epic exclusive shit. Google (money monster ) investment in gaming begins.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like Epic exclusive extend to console this time.

But really, that list isn't reliable. Tetris Effect and Salary Man Escape are listed as exclusives there when they are also on PC.

Jun 26, 2018
Seems pretty damn crazy if they actually managed to convince Sony to not be PS exclusive. Like how does that happen? I figured they where funding the whole show more or less.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Looks like I'm waiting for the PC version (if it is true). It being on the EGS would be interesting. I would love to see how that thread would go here.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's coming to one of the real PC stores if true. Don't care if it's Steam or Epic as long as it's not some streaming crap.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
We already know Sony has issued gag orders for partnerships and marketing deals with games that were also coming to the PC such as Nier Automata and Nioh. If it is a timed exclusive I would bet money they can't talk about it at all until very close to it's exclusivity window ending and it's release on PC.

There is no marketing deal or timed exclusivity. This is not even remotely the same situation. Sony owns Death Stranding's IP. Not Kojima. It is a property of SIE. Whether it comes to PC or not, that's entirely up to Sony as it's a 1st Party game and franchise they own much like The Last of Us or God of War.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
This whole thing could just be a big troll of a viral marketing campaign. I wouldn't put it past Kojima lol.

I'd love a PC release though. The game is already going to look insane on my Pro, but pretty sure that would increase to mind-blowing at 60fps on a 2080ti.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
at this point there's only one thing that wouldn't make sense that it'll come to PC and that it used a proprietary Sony Engine to run the game. We've seen games that start off with the logo "Sony Interactive Entertainment Presents" come to PC but I don't think we've seen ones that use a Sony engine. But there's a lot of smoke coming out of this. The fact that it's not a Sony owned studio, that original press release, the lack of a "only on playstation" logo on the box, etc.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if this is gonna be the gamescom reveal.
Would be surprising if Sony allows Kojipro to show the game running on a beast of a PC before the game is already out on PS4 after they finaced it heavily, but why not.

Unless they announce the release date for PC and at the same time annouce that it will also come to PS5 on that day

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It was never there in the first place if you use the Wayback Machine, but Death Stranding was, which they removed recently

Ultimately considering there is PS4 exclusives not listed and ones that aren't exclusive that are still listed... I don't anyone should use this list as true fact.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think it's an exclusive (though the terms of its PC release will still be decided by Sony), but that listing must surely be a mistake: there's a big asterisk stating those are games published by SIEE, and exclusive or not, we know for a fact Death Stranding is published by them.

There's no way they've dropped publishing rights for a game whose IP they own, and whose production have financed from day one.

But really, that list isn't reliable. Tetris Effect and Salary Man Escape are listed as exclusives there when they are also on PC.
The list is not about exclusivity, despite its name, but games published by the company. Both games were at least co-published by SIE.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda already knew it was coming to PC most likely a yr later so makes sense its not a "exclusive".

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't know why people in this thread are saying "Epic will fund this game like they have with other ex-Playstation exclusive titles to have a PC port".

Epic didn't fund any of those. Quantum Dream was going multi-platform after their partnership with Sony. Epic have somewhat of a partnership going on with Annapurna Interactive to have their games show up on EGS first. Heck, Flower showed up on Steam as well as EGS, same day. Finally, the devs of Tetris Effect stated it was a 1-year exclusive to be on EGS in a Tweet. At best, Epic provided a safety net for those games but they didn't fund them to be on a PC platform.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Can't see why having the game accessible to more customers is a bad thing.... As I'm PC only this is a game I would love to play but otherwise wouldn't if it PS only...

I'm in for the PC version if true... That's one extra sale they won't get on PS only.

Hope it isn't a EGS exclusive tho... Like it to be on GoG or steam.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it comes to pc (I'll play it on PS4, even though I have a PC) just so the amazing assets, art, and tech that the insanely talented people that work on that studio can shine their brightest. The material work in particular is out of this world.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Which speaks to the finicky nature of that list. Which again, does not include Dreams, but does include Tetris Effect.
Someone made a conscious effort to remove Death Stranding though. These whataboutisms like "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh but tetris effect is on itttttttttttttt" isn't taking this into account.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to still be a console exclusive. There's no way this is coming to Xbox one (at least within the next 2 years). I'll bet my avatar on that.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Someone made a conscious effort to remove Death Stranding though. These whataboutisms like "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh but tetris effect is on itttttttttttttt" isn't taking this into account.
I don't think Sony would relinquish the publishing rights of a game they heavily financed and gave one of their 1st party engine to make, but who knows ^^

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Which speaks to the finicky nature of that list. Which again, does not include Dreams, but does include Tetris Effect.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record: the list treats as exclusives* every game published or co-published by SIE, including Tetris Effect. There are some exceptions, like Nioh, but the rule is quite consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.