• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I don't think Sony would relinquish the publishing rights of a game they heavily financed and gave one of their 1st party engine to make, but who knows ^^
They aren't relinquishing publishing rights by choosing to put the game on PC tho. This is their decision. Kojima wanted the game on PC and Sony agreed as part of their contract. It's the exact same deal with Heavy Rain on PC, Sony own the IPs but they're still putting it on PC (through EGS). No reason to believe Death Stranding'll be any different.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
It's going to still be a console exclusive. There's no way this is coming to Xbox one (at least within the next 2 years). I'll bet my avatar on that.

It's never coming to Xbox, Nintendo, or any other actual system but PlayStation. Death Stranding and the franchise is a Sony IP much like The Last of Us or God of War or any other 1st Party. As for PC, that's up to Sony, not Kojima.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
They aren't relinquishing publishing rights by choosing to put the game on PC tho. This is their decision. Kojima wanted the game on PC and Sony agreed as part of their contract.
No I was talking about the fact tthat it is delisted from the list showing all the games published or co published by SIE, not the fact that it's obviously coming to pc

Butch

Oct 27, 2017

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
They aren't relinquishing publishing rights by choosing to put the game on PC tho. This is their decision. Kojima wanted the game on PC and Sony agreed as part of their contract. It's the exact same deal with Heavy Rain on PC, Sony own the IPs but they're still putting it on PC (through EGS). No reason to believe Death Stranding'll be any different.

Now you are speaking as if this is a confirmed fact?

At the risk of sounding like a broken record: the list treats as exclusives* every game published or co-published by SIE, including Tetris Effect. There are some exceptions, like Nioh, but the rule is quite consistent.

So in your mind Dreams will not be published by SIE?

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Of course it always coming to PC since day 1 of the announcement of the partnership. I don't know why the folks in the Sony thread kept on denying it.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the shitstorm if this comes to EGS on both the PS4 fanboy and anti-EGS nutjobs is going to be insane.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm trying to say that the important part of this whole thread is that it was there before, I don't think the other exclusives that people are mentioning to prove this wrong, like Medievil, were ever in that list.

Which going based on the logic of this thread.

Means that Dreams, Medievil, and Concrete Genie are not exclusives as they have been left out deliberately.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
No I was talking about the fact tthat it is delisted from the list showing all the games published or co published by SIE, not the fact that it's obviously coming to pc
Ah right! My bad haha. Yeah it does seem odd but they've been super secretive lately as to what their timed exclusivity contract with KojiPro entails.

Honestly this entire scenario reminds me of Nioh. It had a similar phase where all references to its exclusivity were scrubbed both on the Sony site and the official box before the game came out and lo and behold, it got announced for PC a few months later...

Oct 28, 2017
It'd be pretty funny if they signed exclusivity until now and the delays for the game mean its no longer necessary for it to be held as exclusive. Of course, you'd expect some corporate shithawk to be on that, but you never know.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
There is nothing surprising with this getting bought for a year (or more) from Epic, it fits all the criteria!

It will come PC later I assume!

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Usual suspects in this thread sure don't want it to be true
Indeed. I couldn't imagine being the kind of person that wouldn't want others to experience what's sure to be a massive wild ride. Can't wait to play DS on my PS4 and play it a year later on my PC.

My guess is that the PC announcement will come after the game is released. I'd love if we got a NieR: Automata scenario though where they officially announce the PC version at Gamescom.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Ah right! My bad haha. Yeah it does seem odd but they've been super secretive lately as to what their timed exclusivity contract with KojiPro entails.

Honestly this entire scenario reminds me of Nioh. It had a similar phase where all references to its exclusivity were scrubbed both on the Sony site and the official box before the game came out and lo and behold, it got announced for PC a few months later...
I honestly think Sony just asked to keep the PC version hush hush untill ps4 release to maximize sells. If you tell people before launch that it's coming to pc and you'll be able to play in 4K/60fps and above, they will definitely loose sales to people who will be ready to wait a year to play the game on PC.

Or maybe (this is more wishful thinking than anything else lol) they made a deal with Kojipro to wait to announce the PC version at the same time that they will announce the PS5 version :)

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Isnt this game built on the DECIMA engine which is exclusive to playstation? Is Decima being ported to PC as well or is the PC version going to be in a different engine? A lot of work building a game across two engines for a smaller studio.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
All the people who stan Kojima but have lengthy post histories shitting on Epic are SWEATING right now

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I'm no fan of Epic moneyhatting games to be exclusive that where already announced for PC and set to arrive on other stores...

But I'm fine with Epic (or other PC platforms like steam or gog) moneyhatting games that otherwise wouldn't be on PC.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Isnt this game built on the DECIMA engine which is exclusive to playstation? Is Decima being ported to PC as well or is the PC version going to be in a different engine? A lot of work building a game across two engines for a smaller studio.
they won't change the engine. I'm sure it'll probably be the same engine when it comes to PC. Sony and KojiPro probably worked this out when Kojima was shopping around for an engine.

Wajna

Nov 17, 2017
Cant imagine Epic Store will sell too many copies of this game. Just guessing the game looks to be too "adulty" and strange while the majority of customers usng Epic are kids.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
This is a non story. It's a fact that it will come to PC later and almost certainly the ps5 too. It's a temporary ps4 exclusive and will only be on that platform until then.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Now you are speaking as if this is a confirmed fact?

So in your mind Dreams will not be published by SIE?

A confirmed fact ?
Well yes, more or less.
"The first software title created by the newly formed Kojima Productions will be console exclusive to PlayStation 4."

Wndluft.png

Sony Interactive Entertainment Unveils Hideo Kojima’s PS4 Console Exclusive Title Death Stranding

SAN MATEO, CA, June 13, 2016 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today unveiled Hideo Kojima’s first Kojima Productions title DEATH STRANDING for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) and its first teaser trailer at the E3 2016 PlayStation Press Conference. As with all of his past masterpieces, the latest...
"
SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT UNVEILS
HIDEO KOJIMA'S PS4 CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE TITLE
DEATH STRANDING"

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Would be deadly ironic if a game about connecting people together is exclusive to one platform, hopefully not. The more people that get the opportunity to experience it the better as always.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I'm no fan of Epic moneyhatting games to be exclusive that where already announced for PC and set to arrive on other stores...

But I'm fine with Epic (or other PC platforms like steam or gog) moneyhatting games that otherwise wouldn't be on PC.

Which they never did. And will likely never do. If Death Stranding releases on PC, it's because it was planned 3 years ago. If it's Epic exclusive, it's because Epic paid to artificially delay it elsewhere.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i still remember how i got shitted on here and at the official subreddit for merely suggesting the game might one day come to different platforms because that was kojimas plan from the beginning. people were saying there is a 0% chance of that happening because of the engine and because of sony publishing it. thinking about going back to those threads once it's official.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there something fishy with that press release containing the Q&A regarding exclusivity / coming to PC?

I feel like I remember it being fake or something? Can someone else chime in here?

I don't doubt the possibility of Death Stranding coming to PC, especially with the PS4 package itself not containing the "Only on PlayStation" banner and it being a first-party title. But I don't think this list is a proper way to judge that, especially with (as others have pointed out) titles like Tetris Effect and Salaryman also sitting there.

Last generation I would've told you any SIE-owned and published title wouldn't be available anywhere other than PlayStation, but the landscape has obviously changed with the release of thatgamecompany and Quantic Dream's titles on PC (and a few others). Though the unique case with Death Stranding that still leaves me questioning the possibility is its use of the Decima Engine.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
i still remember how i got shitted on here and at the official subreddit for merely suggesting the game might one day come to different platforms because that was kojimas plan from the beginning. people were saying there is a 0% chance of that happening because of the engine and because of sony publishing it. thinking about going back to those threads once it's official.
I think DS will come to PC. But do you really want to hedge your bets based on an Australian site that is hit or miss with this stuff lol

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal

This is where I'm at.

Would be my first money spent on the store and I wouldn't feel bad about it. Bring it Epic! (Bloodborne too)

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
If there's a PC release it won't get announced before the game released on PS4 so if there's one it will happen next year.....

Status
Not open for further replies.