• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
It seems so disorganized. It probably doesn't mean anything but it definitely makes things unnecessarily murky.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
This relationship between Sony and Kojima may be the the most mindF thing, inspired by the game itself? lol

- Death Stranding is a trademark of SIE (we know that means nothing these days, tho)
- Death Stranding is using Decima Engine
- Kojima Productions is working with Guerrilla Games to improve the engine
- Some devs from SIE Worldwide Studios is helping with DS
- Sony's money on the table
- Not exclusive?

I don't know what the hell Sony is doing with this deal at this point. Or maybe they are taking precautions in case the game flops

Last edited:

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
for the like i don't know how manyeth time, it's not that it was on the list it's that it was removed. nevermind what other games like tetris effect are on it smh

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Can you link me where you read this please

venturebeat.com

Why NetEase and Quantic Dream are teaming up for games on multiple platforms

NetEase invests in Quantic Dream, and GamesBeat has an exclusive interview co-CEOs Cage and Guillaume de Fondaumiére, as well as Simon Zhu of NetEase.

Above is the link stating QD is going multiplatform and...

This link addresses that those QD games they worked with Sony are timed exclusives for EGS meaning they were coming to PC regardless but Epic offered a moneyhat for their store only for a year.

Man, people really do forget...

Reference to Death Stranding's exclusivity wiped from all regional PlayStation sites
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
On another note, Sony published this video in 2019

96536206d92157a9897b6e82bf4920227c955e0470d8f2c389e534ff33c8ab526771e425.jpg

+ Just last May, Jim Ryan made a presentation to Sony's investors about the road map going forward and showed this particular slideshow which clearly states that Death Stranding as an exclusive.

739002341b6d49803984dfc8d5914d6cc5ef47e8b835b8ee73567b48e79e7a279e8f3a41.jpg

So, in reality, we have way more evidences that DS is exclusive than the other way around... but hey, nobody knows what Tim Sweeney is capable of.

kung-fu-owl

Alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
It's been known, but Sony guards exclusivity, in whatever form, jealously.

Same thing happened with Nier iirc.

Feb 26, 2018
venturebeat.com

Why NetEase and Quantic Dream are teaming up for games on multiple platforms

NetEase invests in Quantic Dream, and GamesBeat has an exclusive interview co-CEOs Cage and Guillaume de Fondaumiére, as well as Simon Zhu of NetEase.

Above is the link stating QD is going multiplatform and...

This link addresses that those QD games they worked with Sony are timed exclusives for EGS meaning they were coming to PC regardless but Epic offered a moneyhat for their store only for a year.

Man, people really do forget...
Where exactly does it specifically say that Epic paid QD and not Sony?

kung-fu-owl

Alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I'm getting this on PS4 at launch no matter what but I resent the lack of clarity so much.

It's anti consumer in my book.

Let people make informed decisions.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it's an exclusive (though the terms of its PC release will still be decided by Sony), but that listing must surely be a mistake: there's a big asterisk stating those are games published by SIEE, and exclusive or not, we know for a fact Death Stranding is published by them.

There's no way they've dropped publishing rights for a game whose IP they own, and whose production have financed from day one.

The list is not about exclusivity, despite its name, but games published by the company. Both games were at least co-published by SIE.

Then they are wrong about the title. It should be 'published by SIE' and not 'exclusive'.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
a strand game is a game where you can only get to the finale by engaging w/ crossplay on 3 different platforms, thereby truly linking and recreating the united states of jack shit

STech

Sep 24, 2018
I don't know why is Sony paying and giving tools for something that is not exclusive...

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
For me it was obvious since few months when Sony didn't include DS in the "Only on PlayStation" trailer a while back. Then new trailers for DS appeared and there was no "Only on PlayStation" tag, just like it didn't appear on the official box art. Some users here were/are still in denial, saying that Sony isn't consistent with this branding (or that they've stopped doing it entirely) but Sony didn't have a problem with putting this exclusive tag on recent trailers for Concrete Genie or Medievil. So, yeah, they are still using this "Only on PlayStation" thing, but some conditions has to be met, like... game needs to be exclusive.

I'm not a fan of DS coming to PC because of one reason - it could launch a campaign of annoying port-begging of PlayStation exclusives.

EDIT: I blame Andrew House for this.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But the usual suspects told me Decima

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
And not just Epic, Epic Games Japan :) This means soon more and more games from Japan will be skipping Steam.
I mean not really that doesn't prove anything tbh. Maybe they'll push some games to Epic, but most JP devs are really hard about being pushed to exclusivity over there.

Jun 22, 2018
It's worth noting that the trademark for the game is filed by Sony, not Kojima. This usually indicates that Sony owns the IP.

So, the deal may be for it to come to PC as originally announced, but there's nearly zero chance of it releasing on any other platform.

Death Stranding Trademark

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Egs announcement incoming and when it happens we are going to witness gamers rise up

smuf

Oct 27, 2017
I hope we get some confirmation before the PS4 release so I know whether to wait or not.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Where exactly does it specifically say that Epic paid QD and not Sony?

Because... Quantic Dream published the games on PC??? I submitted two links for you. One of them stated that Epic paid for a time exclusivity for QD's games to appear on EGS first. Epic paid QD, not Sony. QD probably paid and got the OK from Sony to bring the titles to another platform but that's pretty much it.

Loading…

The copyright info for Flower has also Sony creditials in it but it's ridiculous to say Valve paid Sony to help Annapurna bring Flower to Steam/PC.

UPDATE: There's even a tweet from Sergey who is head of EGS that states Quantic Dream is the publisher on EGS.

"I don't know the details, sorry. This is a question for Quantic Dream, they're the publisher of the game on Epic Games store."

Last edited:

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Given Sonys utterly shit history with how they secure and then try to hide timed exclusives, there is no reason to believe the initial contract has not always been in play.
What history? I remembered this game was announced on ps4 and pc "exclusively", like shenmue 3. Never been solely for PS4, it was quite clear from the beginning. And in any case, even if such things happen when you don't own the ip, you can't ensure the exclusivity forever. It's not exactly"cheating", lol, it's how works.

Last edited:

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I'm hopeful. I don't intend to buy a ps4 for this game, but on PC, hell yes. Lesser investment for me and most likely running better

Status
Not open for further replies.