• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Metacritic doesn't verify purchase so must of users reviews are from people who never touched the game. I never look on user reviews without verified purchase.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
The negative review bombs for astral chain got removed but not the positive ones, so the user score is really high. It will work out the same way for death stranding when the dust settles

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Do people pay attention to user reviews of any kind? They are almost always impulsive at best or hiding an agenda.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I kept trying to tell my friends that user scores on Metacritic are ultimately useless and they swore up and down they're more useful than critic scores.

Anyways, just ignore them.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
MC should disable user scores. None of these 0's and 10's people have finished the game (a lot of them probably don't even have it). It's fanboys war that's all.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
User reviews on Metacritic basically mean nothing though since you don't actually have to own the game lol. Even if the game doesn't look appealing to me I'd never go off that for any kind of usable metric. Death Stranding's qualities won't even begin to be determined by that even though you can probably find something useful in the more thought out reviews.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do people pay attention to user reviews of any kind? They are almost always impulsive at best or hiding an agenda.
Steam ones can be pretty good. Helps that you get to know how much playtime they've got on record with Steam. But yeah, apart from that I can't think of any good user review section and I'm not just talking about Video Games either.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
HgZYL3G.jpg

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Sounds about right. Happens with most big games. Metacritic will end up fixing it like always. I just don't understand why anyone would waste their time and energy doing this.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
What? People in general read user reviews all the time regardless of whether it's a video game on Metacritic or a desk lamp you're buying off Amazon.
Has a review bombing campaign EVER significantly affected a major AAA game's sales?

I can understand for smaller games that some people wouldn't know about but this game is MASSIVE and HEAVILY covered by just about everyone in gaming and gaming-adjacent.

Will user reviews being "review bombed" change all of the opinion already out there?

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Wait, why is a portion of the Spanish community review bombing the game? Bad translation/dub?
This is one of the effects of console wars in spain mainly done by PlayStation gamerzz.
They have done the same to countless games from Nintendo (Astral Chain, Mario, Zelda) and Microsoft (Halo 5, Gears 4, FH4, Quantum Break) but this never happened to Sony exclusives.
Looks like Xbox and Nintendo spanish communities finally noticed this and now they are doing the same.
Super pathetic.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Vote to change these threads to "X Game is not being review bombed". Easier to assume people are being stupid about every game.

DarkStream

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, user reviews are trash anyway.
I simply ignore them. Who care if some kids throw a temper tantrum.

Oct 27, 2017
Not long ago Era told me that review bombing was good, because it was a tool to criticize developers or whatever.

Maybe it's something losers with a lot of free time do too.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Steam ones can be pretty good. Helps that you get to know how much playtime they've got on record with Steam. But yeah, apart from that I can't think of any good user review section and I'm not just talking about Video Games either.
Indeed, when there is some form of verification (e.g. Amazon verified purchase or Steam profile) things are a bit better, although shitting on a game because it doesn't run great of your rig or crashes here and there never seams to stop.

Dec 8, 2018
What? People in general read user reviews all the time regardless of whether it's a video game on Metacritic or a desk lamp you're buying off Amazon.

If you seriously read metacritic user reviews and base your purchase decisions on those especially when it's a high profile exclusive game like this with 95% of the reviews made by fanboys or console warriors and you believe you will find it worthwhile and intellectual instead of reading the actual critics reviews I truly feel sorry for you.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I am more of a previews guy myself. I use gameplay videos and impressions to determine if I want to purchase a game. I intentionally avoided most of the story/gameplay stuff surrounding the game, but I like the idea of this being a unique experience. The "con" for me is the length because I don't have that much time for long games anymore. All of this I figured out quickly through little articles about the game. User and even professional reviews don't really change my mind.