• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
Diversity is part of the quality of the game but I guess we now know you believe otherwise. And believing people who prefer a platform is somehow connected to if they are not a bigot like you or not is just fucking icing on the cake.

Nice of you to at least show your true colors and what a disappointing being you are to everyone.
I'm a bigot because I play games for the gameplay and not to analyse every detail and make sure every gender orientation and whatnot is accounted for? Big yikes. I couldn't give a shit about any of that even if I were one of them and aren't represented. I respect the vision of the developers. You obviously don't.

Don't think I haven't noticed this sudden deflection because you had no argument against me previously. Poor Sony/Kojima, these Nintendo fanboys and Xbox fanboys are so bad amirite? You care about it more than they probably care about it. You still haven't provided anything of reason why user reviews should be banned.

Nov 26, 2017
Didn't he make a pretty wack comment about asexuals recently? I'm surprised that's not what the people reviewbombing are up in arms over, honestly.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
All exclusive PlayStation and Xbox games are review bombed, this is nothing new.
All? That's not true at all.

Forza Motorsport 7, yes.
Gran Turismo Sport, yes.

But, lets look at the latest big exclusive releases...
Gears 5 have 1,185 positive user reviews, 52 mixed, 85 negative - 8.5 user score
Days Gone have 1,343 positive user reviews, 94 mixed, 171 negative - 8.0 user score

And the most divisive game ever (until now?) Red Dead Redemption 2, have
1,753 positive user reviews, 328 mixed, 378 negative - 8.1 user score

Meanwhile Death Stranding have 497 positive user reviews, 40 mixed, 440 negative - 6.3 user score

I'd say that something is triggering a bigger group of people enough that they're posting a score with the game pretty much untested, it's politics or something.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
come on. you think 450 people played the game and thought it's a 0/10?
At least it is easier to be certain it is a 0/10 after only few hours of playing than the other way around. But yeah, all user reviews on release day of a game that is not super short are worthless.

Dec 8, 2018
I'm a bigot because I play games for the gameplay and not to analyse every detail and make sure every gender orientation and whatnot is accounted for? Big yikes. I couldn't give a shit about any of that even if I were one of them and aren't represented. I respect the vision of the developers. You obviously don't.

Don't think I haven't noticed this sudden deflection because you had no argument against me previously. Poor Sony/Kojima, these Nintendo fanboys and Xbox fanboys are so bad amirite? You care about it more than they probably care about it. You still haven't provided anything of reason why user reviews should be banned.

Respect the vision of the developer... If the developers are not including diversity into their games it's more than ok to criticize them for it ffs.

Do you think it's ok to criticize a game were you play as a nazi killing Jews if the developer is a nazi or should they only judge the gameplay?

And deflection! Yeah I kind of don't care about any other arguments as silly as metacritic reviews or consoles wars when the one I argue with is a fucking dipshit so let's end this here and now and ignore you.

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
Respect the vision of the developer... If the developers are not including diversity into their games it's more than ok to criticize them for it ffs.

Do you think it's ok to criticize a game were you play as a nazi killing Jews if the developer is a nazi or should they only judge the gameplay?

And deflection! Yeah I kind of don't care about any other arguments as silly as metacritic reviews or consoles wars when the one I argue with is a fucking dipshit so let's end this here and now and ignore you.
Since when did a game HAVE to include diversity? Who gives a shit anyway? I'm a minority and are you telling me I should be mad because a lot of games don't include people of my race? Don't tell me what I should or shouldn't do because it's none of your business. I'd take more offence from you than the game.

And you're Jewish right? (I've noticed one of your posts where you mention Nazis again in reference to Jews and talk down about Muslims). There are many hundreds of documentaries about Nazis and WW2 so if you're getting mad about a game focusing on Nazis and Jews then why don't you call for the ban of these documentaries? What if the game is just trying to explain the viewpoint of a Nazi? You are a hypocrite because I bet you don't talk down about all these war games where you're some American soldier butchering arabs in a ripoff of the conflict in Iraq. Suddenly if it's an Arab Muslim it's ok, right?

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Of course it's getting bombed. There's a wave of anti-Kojima fans that hate him on principle for being pretentious. They would never have an open minded view on his content not to mention I feel there's a lot of "not-a-shooter!" snobbishness going on.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Metacritic was, and continues to be, a mistake. And I say this as it applies to all games listed there, not just Death Stranding.

Not only because of the basement dwelling users, but because of how their weighted critic scoring system creates some weird and pathetic arguments. Just look at the review thread here for a little taste of that.

Dec 8, 2018
Since when did a game HAVE to include diversity? Who gives a shit anyway? I'm a minority and are you telling me I should be mad because a lot of games don't include people of my race? Don't tell me what I should or shouldn't do because it's none of your business. I'd take more offence from you than the game.

And you're Jewish right? (I've noticed one of your posts where you mention Nazis again in reference to Jews and talk down about Muslims). There are many hundreds of documentaries about Nazis and WW2 so if you're getting mad about a game focusing on Nazis and Jews then why don't you call for the ban of these documentaries? What if the game is just trying to explain the viewpoint of a Nazi? You are a hypocrite because I bet you don't talk down about all these war games where you're some American soldier butchering arabs in a ripoff of the conflict in Iraq. Suddenly if it's an Arab Muslim it's ok, right?

I had to wait for your reply before I pushed ignore and when I thought you could not be any worse.

Who gives a shit about diversity???? Really???

I am an atheist grown up in an atheist/protestant home so no I am not a jew. And enlighten me where I talked down about Muslims I fucking beg you motherfucker don't you fucking dare spew lies like that and think you will get away with it.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
I thought the Spanish community MO was to up the PlayStation games and pound the Xbox and Switch games?

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
User Banned (permanent): Dismissing concerns regarding representation, inflammatory false equivalence and accusations, ableist language, concern trolling, hostility.
I had to wait for your reply before I pushed ignore and when I thought you could not be any worse.

Who gives a shit about diversity???? Really???

I am an atheist grown up in an atheist/protestant home so no I am not a jew. And enlighten me where I talked down about Muslims I fucking beg you motherfucker don't you fucking dare spew lies like that and think you will get away with it.
Yes, who gives a shit. Its people like you who get mad about the dumbest things. What's next does Witcher 3 have too many white people? Shall we make Geralt Chinese because of diversity? As far as I remember Witcher 3 doesn't have a single black person so is that a bad thing to you?

Just give it up. You hate Nintendo fans, Xbox fans, Arabs, Muslims. Anything else you want to add to the list before you finally ignore me?

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Go check out the metacritic user score for what is likely going to be the highest selling game of the year CoD: Modern Warfare.

Makes Death Stranding's review bombing seem minor in comparison.

Dec 8, 2018
Yes, who gives a shit. Its people like you who get mad about the dumbest things. What's next does Witcher 3 have too many white people? Shall we make Geralt Chinese because of diversity? As far as I remember Witcher 3 doesn't have a single black person so is that a bad thing to you?

Just give it up. You hate Nintendo fans, Xbox fans, Arabs, Muslims. Anything else you want to add to the list before you finally ignore me?

No I think you just provided more than enough to give you a perma ban from this forum by not only openly being against diversity and the ones that are but also accusing me of racism without anything to back such a claim up so I bet I don't need to even ignore you since I won't see you anymore anyway so I guess it will work out even better than I could have hoped so thanks for that.

Guess I was right and good riddance.

Last edited:

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
These aggregation sites shouldn't open up user reviews until a week after the game has released.

malcolmx

Banned
May 20, 2018
Or the reception to the game is similar to the reaction before it released? Mixed. Either you really like it or really hate it. It's not like it's a definitive great game for this to be calculated.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
The history of the users are a goldmine of cringe comedy.

dAw2QJo.jpg

Love the attempt at making the review content realistic.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017

This is a banner day for internet discussion about video games.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
To this day the only user reviews I trust for anything are Steam Reviews because you have to own the game and it shows how many hours the person played.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
To this day the only user reviews I trust for anything are Steam Reviews because you have to own the game and it shows how many hours the person played.
Yup Steam reviews are quite functional, there are weird things happening there as well (someone playing a game for 1000 hours and then suddenly aren't recommending it lol) but for the most part you can find reviews you feel like you can trust. Playtime should always be shown in reviews in my opinion, even in professional reviews, it tells a lot.

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Day 0-2 user reviews are worthless, but this is including good reviews. Why not say this game is being "positively bombed"? There are kojima fanboys that probably didn't even play the game and are giving it a 10. I'm just saying, this goes both ways which is why ... people shouldn't care about this.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not a fan of Kojima the game producer/director (I don't know the person so not a commentary on him as a whole, duh), even if I enjoyed a couple of MGS games enough, but I'll never understand review bombing someone's work like this.

Not like he committed a goddamn crime or is a homophobe or anything, jesus.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Kojima: "The Internet was a mistake"
Geeze...it's super ironic in a terrible way that Kojima set out to make a game about being nice to each other through the Internet, and the last week or so has brought out like the worst parts of the Internet. Why would you even you review bomb the game? Is there something controversial about it other than it's divisive? It's not even exclusive. I don't get it.

Last edited:

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
If every other user review average is skewed for some reason or another, why even keep it around? Are there cases when it's good for something?