• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kitsunelaine, Fran, malus, Fat4all, Kalor, Vincent Alexander, Kopite, Meatwad, Dr. Monkey, Fandorin

Top two scum suspects in your next post please (keep it concise)
Where are yours? Kinda weird to prod literally everyone else first and not give your own as well, right?

Anyway, Gorlak isn't the spooky weird thing. (I targeted Gorlak because of my own reads as mentioned earlier but also the fact that he could have been using internal knowledge of the neutral role to fake the whole hand thing D2 and look busy.)

Top scum read is still Fran. Monkey is starting to creep up there because I feel like she was pocketing me earlier.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Scum knew Maol's aligment and they knew he wasn't lying so they would want to push for his lynch but not to hard so they are in trouble when he flips or they would say that they townread him, so let's see the votes yesterday:

Kitsune had an early vote on Maol and she never changed it. I think that she is either town or neutral because of her role.

I was thinking about leaving Maol alone for today but we have to get rid of them today after that. This is a weird thing to judge when we have no idea of the balance but I don't see changes being made to a role like that at this point. Especially one thats already revealed. Maybe I'm wrong and I wouldn't be surprised if I was but the possibility exists that this is an elaborate lie to lower the potential heat and live longer.

Vote: Maolfunction

Kalor thought about leaving Maol alone but voted for him anyway because he doesn't think that his role could change. This one is suspicious because he doesn't seem so sure about his vote and seems to be jumping on a wagon.

I think we're going to need folks to start dropping votes in order to light fires. I need to find other reads outside of Fran and Maol, and with how discussions are going, I'm not gettin' there. (My scum lean on Fran is purely EoD 1 in answer to a previous question).

VOTE: Maolfunction

Parking a vote for now on one of the two. Heading out to parent teacher conference and stuff, then I'll be back tonight.

VA said since the day began that Maol was one of his top scum reads. He never doubted his reads and makes me think that, if he were scum, he would have know that Maol was town and wouldn't acted like this. I'm townreading VA and now Zeke.

I've gotta get to bed.

I'm gonna set my alarm for 4pm (an hour before EoD), but ive got a video conference to do right away, so there's a chance I might not pop back in before EoD.

I feel like this flip will give us the most info overall, with the Monkey stuff and the role change stuff. And while I do think the role change happened, I do find how it was disclosed to be kinda suspect.

This is the one I find the worst. He begins believing Maol, then he wants to lunch him and then he votes just for info. To me it seemed that the doggo knew how that lynch would end. I found him the most suspicious one.

Anyway guys it's 1.30ish and I need to be up at 6 for some teambuilding trip. I can't be up until day end. Good night.

Like VA, he never doubted that Maol was scum. Town lean to me.

Let's do this

Meatwad always thought that Maol was scum but, to me, this seems more fake than Kopite or VA. It seems oportunistic. Also Fanto's kill, who were going hard on him, makes me feel not great about him.

Maolfunction: A hard read due to the mess this phase turned out to be, but a town lean nonetheless. Is still sharp when considering other players contributions including those related to his claim - like his town read on Fat4All due to his take on Monkey's red check (which we apparently are the only ones that liked). Maol is an experienced player and his meta play is still his own, but I don't think he'd be able to fake his overall "level headness" throughout this phase, like when he first claimed his role after attention was drifting from Monkey's read check.

Fando voted for Maol but this was his read on Maol. To me it seems fake. I think he knew how the flip would end.

Gorlak seems town. He voted Meatwad but he made several posts asking Maol for reads or questions. It reminded me of Gorlak in Buffy.

Monkey didn't voted. Either she is lying about her role or she is town. I'm not sure.

Malus also didn't voted but I agree with several of his posts. His reads on Malus are similar to my own. I'm going to still lean town here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Where are yours? Kinda weird to prod literally everyone else first and not give your own as well, right?

Anyway, Gorlak isn't the spooky weird thing. (I targeted Gorlak because of my own reads as mentioned earlier but also the fact that he could have been using internal knowledge of the neutral role to fake the whole hand thing D2 and look busy.)

Top scum read is still Fran. Monkey is starting to creep up there because I feel like she was pocketing me earlier.
Gorlak was actually busy d2. He has no reason to try to fake being busy. Gorlak has been one of the people working hardest to solve.

And if I was trying to pocket you, I'd probably believe your claim. I think you're holding something back. That I understand your wariness around role PMs doesn't mean I believe everything you said and you danced around questions.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
My top suspects are Kalor and probably Zeke. I was not feeling great about VA before he swapped out, but I want to see what Zeke does when he gets a grip on the game.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And if I was trying to pocket you, I'd probably believe your claim. I think you're holding something back. That I understand your wariness around role PMs doesn't mean I believe everything you said and you danced around questions.

I'm not holding anything back. That's just baseless spec on your part, because you can't believe my role would be this useless. But it kind of is??? which is why I was okay revealing it. All I am is a detector, I detect things. When I find something, we'll either have to vote it out or do nothing.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
The arguments to vote for Meatwad seemed more convincing when I caught up with the game this morning but my brain's still in too much of a haze to go back and quote them individually.

This is not an answer for what I asked. You said that there were good reasons not to vote Maol not that there were more reasons to vote another player. What were the reasons to not vote Maol then?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is not an answer for what I asked. You said that there were good reasons not to vote Maol not that there were more reasons to vote another player. What were the reasons to not vote Maol then?
...literally the fact that another player was more appealing? But you know what, I should have a vote down this day phase.

Vote: Fran

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, that was a little snappy of me, I apologize, but that line of questioning is always something that bugs me: It's less about playing mafia and more about gatekeeping mafia.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
(and I get pulled on it a lot and like 90% of the time it turns out to be an honest misphrasing.)

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
No, I don't think it's nitpicky at all to wonder why you would want a summary rather than looking at the role flips yourself.

General summary of big moments I get. Flips I don't.
No, it's nitpicky. When I made the post I listed all info in the game that could be relevant. Flips was 1/3 things.

You going "it's weird me wanting flips" was weird. Especially framing it as someone could manipulate it in some way. Which would be impossible, since the flips are in the thread. Flips have also been in summary posts for ages now.

Thanks for the summary.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I did some rereading last night, but didn't come away with any strong new reads.

At the moment I'm probably most suspicious of Fran and VA/Zeke. Though after Maols flip I'd say Fran went up on the town list by a few points. VA had some suspicious posts and Zeke hasn't done anything yet.

I found Meatwads vote to be quite strange. It came out of nothing and without any reasoning whether it was because of the "red check" or because of Maols behaviour.

Fat4All would be next on the list. He has expressed some doubt about Monkeys claim. To me it sounds like he wants to seed some suspicion there to discredit her without fully committing.

I still have a hard time reading Kalor and Kopite. I wouldn't be surprised to find scum among them.

Fandorin has given some good insight so far. I don't agree with everything he's said, but I think his effort to solve is genuine.

Gorlak has been very active and was in my opinion the one doing most of the work to solve the game. Solid town read.

I feel pretty good about Monkey. Her role claim was too out there to be made up by scum in my opinion although I think the truth test she did last night was really unnecessary and could have been used better to get the opinion of the dead on current events.

I'm inclined to believe Kits claim. Though I could see her actually being the neutral marking Gorlak.
Speaking of marking: Any new marks today?

Oct 27, 2017
Would you all please put a vote down?

I'd appreciate it if anyone has a good lead and a reasonable justification.

For now I have to do this:
Vote: kitsunelaine

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are your top two scum reads? Kopite?

Okay, with this I have to say: I was blocked last night. I'm not sure if this is related to the mark (delayed block?) or if it was because kits blocked me (she targeted me for whatever reason and claims to have wasted her detect shot)
Bruh if I blocked you why wouldn't I just lie and say I got null on someone else

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
What are your top two scum reads?
Meatwad, the sheeping and their vote sorta felt like "Mao is town, town's gonna lynch him anyway, lets get on with it so we can discuss who to NK".

Kalor's interactions with VA/now Zeke also felt a little off, I'd have expected Zeke to be solving/trying to read through the game more (20 pages isnt that much) than he has but maybe I'm being a little unreasonable there.

Fran was a little suspect to me yesterday but I think that post where they analysed how we voted for Mao made me feel a lot better.

I mentioned I also felt better about doggo yesterday and I think they're not as scummy as Meat/Kalor but I want to hear more from them today. Could also see him being the neutral.

speaking of which if this neutral is functioning like an Arsonist maybe the game has 2 mafia + 1 evil neutral? Would that make sense?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Claim list:

Confirmed Roles:
turmoil7 - Die-Hardman the Adrenaline Junkie: Survives another day phase when night killed. #502
KetKat - Naked Norman Reedus the Motion Detector: Is informed how many actions target her during the night. #506
Maolfunction - CDT6 Operative the Dying: Dies after D4 Hated: Takes one less vote for Turbo. #1180
Fantomas - Heartman the Loved: Takes one more vote for Turbo. #1183

Unconfirmed Roles:
Dr. Monkey - Mama the Spirit Mother: Can ask questions to the other side (dead players). First claimed #508. Further information #620
Kitsunelaine - Backpack: Detects weird spooky thing. First claimed #623. Investigated Fanto N1 (negative result) #629. Investigated Gorlak N2 (negative result) #1201

Other claims:
Gorlak - was marked by a hand print N1#529 #642
Kopite - was marked N2 #1227

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they'll pick up later but I feel like Zeke might be scum and he's going to try to coast on his replacement status today so he doesn't have to contribute much.

Vote: EzekelRAGE

For top 2 scum, I'm currently to Zeke and Meatwad.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe they'll pick up later but I feel like Zeke might be scum and he's going to try to coast on his replacement status today so he doesn't have to contribute much.

Huh this read sounds really scummy to me. There's no justification in the vote at all. You're just afraid a scum Zeke will coast? It sounds like you think Zeke is coasting and you're trying to get an easy lunch through

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Huh this read sounds really scummy to me. There's no justification in the vote at all. You're just afraid a scum Zeke will coast? It sounds like you think Zeke is coasting and you're trying to get an easy lunch through

We're about 12 hours into the day. I'm just voting where my mind is at right now, which everyone should be doing because votes are useful information to look back on. Not trying to push anything through with 1 vote and a fairly weak justification.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
We're about 12 hours into the day. I'm just voting where my mind is at right now, which everyone should be doing because votes are useful information to look back on. Not trying to push anything through with 1 vote and a fairly weak justification.
Dude this is some weak ass reasoning.It isn't D1 anymore, and you've already stated that this vote is because you scum read Zeke, so it's not a pressure vote to get more info. Why is your mind here right now, why are you scumreading Zeke and Meatwad?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See the problem is we're already late game with so many dead Town and no dead Scum or Neutrals. You're going to need to push a little harder if you want people to be comfortable with a vote. Right now you're just erecting a shell around yourself to ward off probing questions and it's like, why?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Claim list:

Confirmed Roles:
turmoil7 - Die-Hardman the Adrenaline Junkie: Survives another day phase when night killed. #502
KetKat - Naked Norman Reedus the Motion Detector: Is informed how many actions target her during the night. #506
Maolfunction - CDT6 Operative the Dying: Dies after D4 Hated: Takes one less vote for Turbo. #1180
Fantomas - Heartman the Loved: Takes one more vote for Turbo. #1183

Unconfirmed Roles:
Dr. Monkey - Mama the Spirit Mother: Can ask questions to the other side (dead players). First claimed #508. Further information #620
Kitsunelaine - Backpack: Detects weird spooky thing. First claimed #623. Investigated Fanto N1 (negative result) #629. Investigated Gorlak N2 (negative result) #1201

Other claims:
Gorlak - was marked by a hand print N1#529 #642
Kopite - was marked N2 #1227
Thank you

Interesting. So your only thing on me is I *might* coast. Like ket said that is very weak. Especially since there is a sentiment that I am already in ppl's scum leans.

So you have been in the game since the start. On day 3 your vote goes to a replacement because they may coast?
That doesn't sound right. 🤨
Why me over meat?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Kalor is the coast thing the only reason I'm in your top two scum?

No. I was doing some rereading of Vincent last night and that shifted my opinion despite leaning town on them yesterday.

The main posts that stuck out were these two. Vincent votes for Meatwad on day 1, bit wishy washy but nothing too weird for day 1.

I'm not a fan of voting Turmoil at the moment because that train looks strong, and I'd like there to be some competition to drive discussion. Sooo.

VOTE: Meatwad

Turmoil has a vote here also, so should be a fun park to try and get a fire going.

But then they go back on that vote fairly quickly because three people, Monkey, Gorlak and Fandorin, questioned the vote either directly or indirectly. This just feels like Vincent trying to blend in and not arouse too much suspicion with their votes. They sort of did the same with Maol yesterday as well, but not to the same degree and suddenness.

Welp, enough folks came out and said this isn't a good spot for a vote, so let me rip this right outta here . . .
UNVOTE

Unrelated to Vincent themselves but a post I missed at the time but saw during the rereading, this is a real weird post.

I wouldn't vote Meatwad. If Meatie is scum it'll come out; with this group I don't think he could hide for too long. Too many sharp eyes here.

I have no idea what kind of reasoning that is not to vote for someone. "Let's not bother voting for this person because they'll slip up eventually if they're scum.". Making this post has me seeing weird connections that might exist but feel too clean to actually be real. Both Gorlak and Monkey talked down the Meatwad vote from Vincent in a sort of weird way. If the three were scum, it feels way too protective for two scum to do that on day 1 but it feels weird. Maybe just seeing things that aren't there.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, that was a little snappy of me, I apologize, but that line of questioning is always something that bugs me: It's less about playing mafia and more about gatekeeping mafia.

I said before that scum knew that Maol was town and that he was not lying. The claim from Maol was so out of our usual meta that most people would have doubt it. So, saying that there were good reasons to not vote Maol weirds me.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I said before that scum knew that Maol was town and that he was not lying. The claim from Maol was so out of our usual meta that most people would have doubt it. So, saying that there were good reasons to not vote Maol weirds me.
Eh, sometimes someone says something when they mean another thing. Personally though, I see "Someone else is a more appealing vote" as something that is a good reason to not vote for somone who is less appealing to vote for. (Geez, what a mouthful of a sentence.) I know there isn't a lot we're talking about right now, but this doesn't really feel like a good use of our time. That being said, it's not like we're doing anything with it right now... So it's whatever.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
No. I was doing some rereading of Vincent last night and that shifted my opinion despite leaning town on them yesterday.

The main posts that stuck out were these two. Vincent votes for Meatwad on day 1, bit wishy washy but nothing too weird for day 1.

But then they go back on that vote fairly quickly because three people, Monkey, Gorlak and Fandorin, questioned the vote either directly or indirectly. This just feels like Vincent trying to blend in and not arouse too much suspicion with their votes. They sort of did the same with Maol yesterday as well, but not to the same,
Why not mention this earlier when you voted for me?

Also, why me over meat?

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA

I think scum would want to avoid the Mao vote for that reason. Pre-knowledge of his alignment would make it easy to place votes elsewhere to look innocent, and I think with the suspicion surrounding Mol scum could be confident that town would do the work for them. Without the benefit of knowing Mao's alignment, there were plenty of good reasons to vote for him. And now we also have the benefit of knowing that the info Monkey receives isn't entirely reliable.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Also apologies but I work all day on the weekends so I won't be active much today. I'll try to check in on my breaks and I'll be around after work late in the evening, but that's the best I can do.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Why not mention this earlier when you voted for me?

Also, why me over meat?

I hadn't been up long so I just mentioned the reason that stuck out when I was catching up.

Part of it is trying to reconcile my suspicion of both of you with the fact Vincent voted for Meatwad so early on day 1. Not sure how that fits in quite yet. I need to reread Meatwad at some point so maybe I'd feel differently after that.