• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, I guess that means the Xbox implementation is officially recognized enough for Sony to demand a block?
Death Stranding PC isn't published by Sony.
Doesn't matter, it's still being blocked from being streamed via GeForce Now on Xbox, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't 505's decision, given that it's available on every other version of GeForce Now.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
So... Does GeForce Now have a blacklist built in that recognises not only when it's being used on Edge, but specifically Edge on an Xbox?

What in the fresh fuck is this? Does this even count as a licensing limitation at this point? It's being streamed, the PC version, through a PC platform...

My head hurts.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I'd assume it's a matter of the contract they have with Sony prohibiting it from being playable at all on Xbox, even if technically what's running is the PC version.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
So... Does GeForce Now have a blacklist built in that recognises not only when it's being used on Edge, but specifically Edge on an Xbox?

What in the fresh fuck is this? Does this even count as a licensing limitation at this point? It's being streamed, the PC version, through a PC platform...

My head hurts.

If there is a restriction on streaming rights then yeah it will get blocked from that platform or removed from the service. It's a given that Xbox has its own Edge version and that would be specified when GFN detects browser version.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Sony doesn't want their exclusives to be played on Xbox, what a shocking news.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
If you play Sony games on PC or Xbox via streaming, you cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Play has no limits**

But seriously, what a petty restriction on a pc streaming service that only a tiny fraction of people would ever try to use on Xbox lol.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Probably a preventive measure by nvidia

If GeForce Now allowed that to happen, Sony would demand a take down of every Playstation game from the service on every platform.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Probably doing a lot of people a favor, honestly.
Yeah yeah yeah I'm joking. I know people love it, but I was truly miserable playing it.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
You cheated not only the game, but yourself.

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing.

You experienced a hollow victory.
Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Wavves

Oct 27, 2017
For the Players at it again, restricting this is anti consumer since it's on a streaming service.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah, why would it be allowed to play on an Xbox? Nvidia doesn't want to kill their own service before it even really got started

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
ffs, just buy a PS4/PS5 and stop trying cheating to play it...

AggravatingEqualDotterel.webp

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
For the Players at it again, restricting this is anti consumer since it's on a streaming service.
No, it's not. Sony didn't promise you a GeForce version of the game when you bought it, and they most certainly didn't promise you to be able to play it on Xbox.

Streaming or native, Sony like every other first party doesn't want their exclusives to be played on other consoles. If you think this's anti consumer, then every exclusive is anti consumer by definition.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
Probably a preventive measure by nvidia

If GeForce Now allowed that to happen, Sony would demand a take down of every Playstation game from the service on every platform.

I don't think any of Sony's games are on GeForce Now anyways. Same for Microsoft I think. They have their own platforms after all. So this isn't really shocking or particularly noteworthy IMO.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
That "YOUR GAMES. PLAY THEM ANYWHERE." headline is missing an asterisk or few.

NVIDIA GeForce NOW

Play Your Games Anywhere.

Since the beggining

www.extremetech.com

Nvidia's GeForce Now Loses More Publishers - ExtremeTech

Nvidia's GeForce Now service has lost several more publishers. The way we distribute games is fundamentally changing, and that's causing tension with existing product models.

MS games also aren't available.

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Since xbox has dev mode which allows user to use non-official xbox programs like emulators, what's stopping someone from making custom edge browser or some other browser that bypasses this block?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
ffs, just buy a PS4/PS5 and stop trying cheating to play it...
You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland