• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I have two questions about this game, can a 970 and ryzen 1600 run this at 2560x1080 with adequate performance?
And more importantly, I broke my wrist last week and can't move my thumb, can I even play this game on m+kb or is controller recommend or the spacebar needed extensively?
This is a pretty well optimized port so I don't expect even a gtx 970 to have issues.
KB+M controls are solid. You will need to use the spacebar quite a lot since it's your jump/climb button but since this is a slow paced game you should be able to get by using your index finger to press it when necessary.

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
This is a pretty well optimized port so I don't expect even a gtx 970 to have issues.
KB+M controls are solid. You will need to use the spacebar quite a lot since it's your jump/climb button but since this is a slow paced game you should be able to get by using your index finger to press it when necessary.
okay cool! im excited to finally play this game :)

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought this game and know absolutely nothing of the story. Shortly before buying it I checked out a minute of a Let's Play though and the player mentioned that Fragile only used this codename to get into Fragile the company. And that's all I've heard. Is this a huge spoiler for the story?

I also don't quite understand Sam's ability to reprimand and come back to life. He sees his dad as a baby. Is this him unlocking memories in himself or is he reborn as a new baby every time he comes back to life? Does this game have multiple timelines?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Will admit I got a bit annoyed at the endless cutscenes towards the end (round about 1.30am) and running along an infinite beach while the credits roll got a bit old fast.
Just curious, is this an open spoiler thread? I just see so many photos in here that I'm skipping over and then stuff like this is openly talked about, and it kinda sucks knowing the final scenery of the game. And I only just started two hours ago. I just wanna be on the safe side while hanging around in here.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Just curious, is this an open spoiler thread? I just see so many photos in here that I'm skipping over and then stuff like this is openly talked about, and it kinda sucks knowing the final scenery of the game. And I only just started two hours ago. I just wanna be on the safe side while hanging around in here.
The game's coming up on a year since release, at this point you should always just assume spoilers.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I got the game this month, and I've been reading the posts from last November and pretending they're recent. It's a bit like experiencing the game along with everyone else, even though deep down I know all those people are dead now, and turned into BTs.

Now that I've finished the game, I can read this end of the thread without worrying about spoilers.

I just bought this game and know absolutely nothing of the story. Shortly before buying it I checked out a minute of a Let's Play though and the player mentioned that Fragile only used this codename to get into Fragile the company. And that's all I've heard. Is this a huge spoiler for the story?
Not at all. If that was mentioned in the game, I didn't notice it, and it doesn't matter at all.

I also don't quite understand Sam's ability to reprimand and come back to life. He sees his dad as a baby. Is this him unlocking memories in himself or is he reborn as a new baby every time he comes back to life? Does this game have multiple timelines?
I didn't actually figure out that he's seeing his own dad. I thought he was seeing BBs memories, or the memories of some other BB. So you've already worked out a huge piece of the puzzle. Did you get that from the Let's Play too? Because if so, that's the huge spoiler.

The rest will be answered at the end of the game.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I got the game this month, and I've been reading the posts from last November and pretending they're recent. It's a bit like experiencing the game along with everyone else, even though deep down I know all those people are dead now, and turned into BTs.

Now that I've finished the game, I can read this end of the thread without worrying about spoilers.

Not at all. If that was mentioned in the game, I didn't notice it, and it doesn't matter at all.

I didn't actually figure out that he's seeing his own dad. I thought he was seeing BBs memories, or the memories of some other BB. So you've already worked out a huge piece of the puzzle. Did you get that from the Let's Play too? Because if so, that's the huge spoiler.

The rest will be answered at the end of the game.
No not from the Let's Play. It's literally said in the opening that it's his dad. That's what I got from the first two hours.

Anyway can't figure out if you're dropping open spoilers on me even though I'm only two hours into the game lol. I would prefer being spoiler-free. :)

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
No not from the Let's Play. It's literally said in the opening that it's his dad. That's what I got from the first two hours.

Anyway can't figure out if you're dropping open spoilers on me even though I'm only two hours into the game lol. I would prefer being spoiler-free. :)
I wouldn't spoil you on purpose, so sorry if I did. As far as I recall, Sam doesn't remember or talk about his dad. I definitely don't remember any mention of him during the opening. Who do you think is his dad?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't spoil you on purpose, so sorry if I did. As far as I recall, Sam doesn't remember or talk about his dad. I definitely don't remember any mention of him during the opening. Who do you think is his dad?
When the second explosion happens with the Corpse Disposal guys within the first two hours you see Mads Mikkelsen from the viewpoint of the baby. I can't remember the exact lines but I remember daddy as one of the words and I've ever since believed he is the father of Sam. Since I am assuming it's Sam since I had to lead his soul back into his body. And then the whole baby thing happened.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
When the second explosion happens with the Corpse Disposal guys within the first two hours you see Mads Mikkelsen from the viewpoint of the baby. I can't remember the exact lines but I remember daddy as one of the words and I've ever since believed he is the father of Sam. Since I am assuming it's Sam since I had to lead his soul back into his body. And then the whole baby thing happened.
So I did understand you correctly. I won't say any more, but it's very interesting to me that you made that connection right at the start of the game, and I never even considered it. I feel dumb for missing it!

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Got all the Cyberpunk extras. Kinda neat, but doing nothing but those sort of e-mail request fetches is pretty boring lol. I'm sure it's a lot better when you're not in the post-game and you're doing these alongside your main deliveries. Some of the upgrades might kind of break the game though lol? There's some novel stuff in the deliveries, like

a corpse disposal mission and Death Stranding's first and only "go take out these enemies" mission.

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
Soo I got this game the directors cut. I am about 2 hours in. Does this game get better? Should I stick with it? I have some free time to play some games and I am struggling to go through this one. I am thinking of bailing out for Hi-Fi Rush, Signalis, or other games on my backlog. But I'm a big MGS 1-3 fan and I feel a bit guilty if I don't keeo playing this.

Jan 29, 2018
Soo I got this game the directors cut. I am about 2 hours in. Does this game get better? Should I stick with it? I have some free time to play some games and I am struggling to go through this one. I am thinking of bailing out for Hi-Fi Rush, Signalis, or other games on my backlog. But I'm a big MGS 1-3 fan and I feel a bit guilty if I don't keeo playing this.

Did you hit chapter 3? That's where the game opens up and you really get an idea of what it's all about. If you get a few missions into chapter 3 and you aren't feeling it you probably won't change your mind.

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone curious, there are some short, 60-second overview videos that demo most of the tools/equipment that you eventually get:
Did you hit chapter 3? That's where the game opens up and you really get an idea of what it's all about. If you get a few missions into chapter 3 and you aren't feeling it you probably won't change your mind.
Nope did a few missions on Chapter 2. Will keep playing. Thanks

To add a bit to what Quigley said, you might want to hold on until you get the 'Power Skeleton' upgrade in Episode 3, as it's one of the major upgrades that changes the gameplay fairly dramatically.

On the other hand, note that you get the Power Skeleton about 8-10 hours into the game (part of "Order # 19"), so it may take a while if you're only 2 hours in so far.

You could also see this video for an orientation (where to find it, how to equip it) once you reach Episode 3.

Last edited: