• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
This async gameplay stuff can suck at times How is it out of 100+ players, I'm the only one to build a proper zipline network?
You are not the only one. That stuff pops up more when you reach new areas and when your "bridge level" (maybe it's strand level, I don't have the game in English) levels up.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
This async gameplay stuff can suck at times How is it out of 100+ players, I'm the only one to build a proper zipline network?
I feel like the odds that the zip lines the system chooses to put in your game all line up are super low.

I have used other players when making my own network though which is nice. Saves some bandwidth.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I think people should avoid telling others to rush to Chapter 3 unless they're actually finding Chapter 2 a slog. The pacing is massively different in how you approach deliveries and you definitely lose some of the enjoyment of the more strict delivery system (in favour of fun in different things). I think Chapter 3 and the tools are abso-fuckin-lutely great but I spent 12hrs or so in Chapter 2 and really liked the challenges you have from the limited toolset. So for people enjoying that, rushing them forward means cutting that enjoyment short in favour of getting to a different time of challenge/fun.

Could someone spoiler roughly how much longer of Chapter 3 is left if I've just done the Junk Dealer mission to get them on the network (successfully, just finished and at the junkyard with them waving)? I'm having a blast and am 30-35hrs in and just interested to know where I stand.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Some of it is definitely weird. I saw a zipline that had thousands of likes in the middle of a field but for me it connected to nothing and wasn't even in a useful spot to bounce off of. It's like it pulled in one single piece of a chain.

That said with all the possible locations these could be I can't even imagine how it's calculating any of that to begin with.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Yeah the same timerain that doesn't seem to affect Sam, since he's only wearing a hoodie that doesn't protect his face. If the world outside was so dangerous, characters would wear full helmets / hazmat suits. This game is full of inconsistencies
I mean, it's kojima, what do you expect??
I still trying to understand why
bb survived the first explosion even when you see him transforming in a bt with his little black traces on the ground

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I hope y'all are using steand contracts to filter in good player builds.

If you see a particularly good build, like it. Then go to your Bridge Links menu and search players via interactions.

Find that player, and make a Strand Contract. You will now see more of their contributions.

You can do this a lot. I'm porter level 200 and something, and I have about 25 contracts.

Are you making strand contacts with players who've placed good gear? See above.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I think people should avoid telling others to rush to Chapter 3 unless they're actually finding Chapter 2 a slog. The pacing is massively different in how you approach deliveries and you definitely lose some of the enjoyment of the more strict delivery system. I think Chapter 3 and the tools are abso-fuckin-lutely great but I spent 12hrs or so in Chapter 2 and really liked the challenges you have from the limited toolset. So for people enjoying that, rushing them forward means cutting that enjoyment short in favour of getting to a different time of challenge/fun.
True. Just play the game the way you want. If it feels boring, advance the story and see if the new options the game gives you are more to your liking. If you enjoy delivering, deliver. If you enjoy fighting, fight. If you like building stuff, build. It's an open world sandbox with lots of possibilities after all. Just don't push or force yourself to do something. Enjoy.

Schlauchkopf

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Mala Morgan, shes famous in Japan

She a native so she probably just read those lines, hence the very heavy accent

I'm pretty sure Geoff and the other cameos didn't voice themselves, so the question becomes, why do they insist to have a japanese celebrity voice herself without her being able to speak it well.
Junji Ito
didn't voice himself either.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I don't know if I fuck this up pretty much every time or they just didn't handle it well enough. Was doing Junk Dealer quest and right after the song "Give Up" by Low Roar came out, I was in the BT territory and the song was gone.

It was not the first time that a music was playing in the background and I was really enjoying that moment but suddenly I ran into Mules/Bts. This is annoying as fuck.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Chapter 6 in one sitting. That was not nearly as bad as people were making it out to be. The end of the chapter trek was pretty memorable too.
"Game doesn't get good until Episode 3"

But I'm loving 1 and 2..

"Chapter 4 is really awful!"

That was really damn cool, looking forward to more sequences like that.

Etc..

I stopped listening to negativity like that a while ago.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This game is so damn good. Just got the Bola gun and what a bundle of fun it is lol. God, I think this is going to be my game of the year. The aesthetics of this game is way too beautiful. Having to rest, pee, hold weight etc all seem realistic to me and while it's annoying I'm having a blast.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I fuck this up pretty much every time or they just didn't handle it well enough. Was doing Junk Dealer quest and right after the song "Give Up" by Low Roar came out, I was in the BT territory and the song was gone.

It was not the first time that a music was playing in the background and I was really enjoying that moment but suddenly I ran into Mules/Bts. This is annoying as fuck.
I did the same thing in that spot. I think at times the fame assumes you will move via a certain route... but I'm always looking for the most direct. It's a but annoying as those moments are really atmospheric.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
The third chapter is addictive. But I thought the game became too easy with vehicles, roads and exoskeleton. I even miss the second chapter a little, where I had to walk. Will the game become harder later?

These were my thoughts last night, although I welcomed it being easier. Then I got complacent and ended up creating a void out on the way back from the weather station.

Is making premium deliveries the only way to increase the delivery time stat? I haven't done any yet but I might wait until I have more roads built to spam standard premium deliveries. Gotta get that stat up as it's still on zero for me.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017

that happened to me too lol.

man I really want an update on this game to let us play the damn music throughout the gameplay.

or if anything let me use spotify cause for some stupid reason they made the whole damn game a blocked scene so you can't even use the app.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I think people should avoid telling others to rush to Chapter 3 unless they're actually finding Chapter 2 a slog. The pacing is massively different in how you approach deliveries and you definitely lose some of the enjoyment of the more strict delivery system (in favour of fun in different things). I think Chapter 3 and the tools are abso-fuckin-lutely great but I spent 12hrs or so in Chapter 2 and really liked the challenges you have from the limited toolset. So for people enjoying that, rushing them forward means cutting that enjoyment short in favour of getting to a different time of challenge/fun.

Could someone spoiler roughly how much longer of Chapter 3 is left if I've just done the Junk Dealer mission to get them on the network (successfully, just finished and at the junkyard with them waving)? I'm having a blast and am 30-35hrs in and just interested to know where I stand.
Yeah, I wish I didn't rush through it now. But also I'd recommend against maxing Ch 2 out, just stay as long as you want until it becomes boring.

Honestly, same advice for chapter 3. Don't try to max it out on chapter 3, you can still do it on chapter 5 and have more interesting tech to work with.

You are basically there almost. A handful of story missions to go (like 2 or 3 I think) if you have finished the junkyard arc

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
"Game doesn't get good until Episode 3"

But I'm loving 1 and 2..

"Chapter 4 is really awful!"

That was really damn cool, looking forward to more sequences like that.

Etc..

I stopped listening to negativity like that a while ago.
Like I can see some of those things being somewhat valid. Especially the wait till Episode 3 part because you do get a lot more traversal options. You get some pretty great stuff even up to Episode 6. You just have to know how to use them.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
These were my thoughts last night, although I welcomed it being easier. Then I got complacent and ended up creating a void out on the way back from the weather station.

Is making premium deliveries the only way to increase the delivery time stat? I haven't done any yet but I might wait until I have more roads built to spam standard premium deliveries. Gotta get that stat up as it's still on zero for me.

Delivery time only goes up on timed deliveries. I've only seen premium deliveries make the normal requirement harsher, not add a new twist to it, so the base delivery needs to be timed.

They're not super common so I don't really know why that's one of the main stat things. Most of mine are 40-60 and I barely got delivery time to 10.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Like I can see some of those things being somewhat valid. Especially the wait till Episode 3 part because you do get a lot more traversal options. You get some pretty great stuff even up to Episode 6. You just have to know how to use them.
I can understand people not liking parts, but Inwas engaged from moment 1 and have been in all of my 35 hours (only just reached e5).

While I can understand taste... I really do struggle to understand how people could call this game shallow etc... some of the critiques have sounded crazy to me.

I am a little sad this game's score wasn't higher though, the team really deserve praise for this game.

I really hope it sells well for them.

Chapter 4 is really awful. Ain't apologising for that opinion 😊
It's one of the best parts of the game so far.

Con85

Nov 10, 2017

Hmm, for me it was the opposite.. I was prepared for the BTs as the forecast showed that the timefall was still there and I walked straight trough it, but strangely the weather was all sunny and the song didn't stop.. felt quite incoherent..
and I wanted to try shooting some BTs with the new gun I just got from the junk dealer.. -_-

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I hope y'all are using steand contracts to filter in good player builds.

If you see a particularly good build, like it. Then go to your Bridge Links menu and search players via interactions.

Find that player, and make a Strand Contract. You will now see more of their contributions.

You can do this a lot. I'm porter level 200 and something, and I have about 25 contracts.
Heh, I did not know about this. Thanks.

I'm gonna start doing this for players who build ziplines. :D

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the deal is with that, I've delivered 10 lost cargos in one trip and didn't even get a full star earlier.
Lost cargo rewards are pretty small, even in large quantities. Both for the pepper station stars and your own star. I've delivered 45 premium and I'm at approx 215 in episode 5 so I've delivered a lot.

The absolute fastest way to level everything is premium. You'll see stars shoot up.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Wow the junk dealer sidequest was top tier kojima trash holy shit lol.

The actress who does the voice of the girl can't be a professional right? Or she try to simulate a foreign accent? I was jist laughing my ass off every time she talks...
I lost my shit with the emails from them after the quest is done, lol

They saying that their union is shit, and she is going back to her mom. All of that for nothing. So much for that melodrama.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I lost my shit with the emails from them after the quest is done, lol

They saying that their union is shit, and she is going back to her mom. All of that for nothing. So much for that melodrama.
What? Really???

Muahahahaahahahahahahahaah.

I really don't understand why kojima insert such a wacky and strange sidequest in this game...

Khoryos

Nov 5, 2019
Can I get some confirmation on how upgrading
Ziplines works? I'm not noticing any difference in the line distance, so does "connection distance" mean something else?

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Am I the only one who doesn't build ziplines and goes everywhere on foot/bike? Like there's something oddly satisfying in just walking through Death Stranding's world. Currently in episode 6.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
lmao wtf that's hilarious.
What? Really???

Muahahahaahahahahahahahaah.

I really don't understand why kojima insert such a wacky and strange sidequest in this game...

Yes, really. I was so mad, not because it was meanigless, but because it was easily the most cringy cutscene jn the game so far, and then "nope, we cant stand each other".
Also, this was not a sidequest, it was main quest stuff. I cringed hard.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Not enough chiral bandwidth, I might have built a little too many zip-lines lol.
Too many? No way. Just need to make more deliveries! Or maybe just optimize. 😉

I've got mine all linked up in the mountains from the north distro center all the way down to the stations unlocked in chapter 8. It is vast....and glorious! Probably spent more time on this than on all of chapter 3. Getting those final links to fall into place feels amazing, just wish others would get more than fragments.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 45 hrs in and still in chapter 3

Send help
I thought I was crazy at 33 hours... woah.

I built so many handy places that moving through the area in episode 4 and 5 has been a breeze. About to move on to the mountain and looking forward to having to forge my way alone again for a while.

[Mid game location spoiler]

Feb 10, 2018
I'm at the end of chapter 8 with 25 hours of playtime, does anyone know how much playtime I have left ?

I enjoyed playing it but it feels very repetitive now, and I'd like the end to come soon

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
How far is the Junk Dealer mission where you reunite them and connect them to the network through Chapter 3?

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Hah, still in chapter 2 and just making standard deliveries between the first 3 locations. Feel no rush to move on just yet. Just making my stamp on the beginning areas and establishing efficient, thorough delivery routes. Might just lvl 3 my bridges and watch towers before I move on.

Feels good to discover new delivery routes too.

People pour in the likes when you make the bt areas easier to get through. Ropes and ladders I've have placed racked up the likes, especially near the wind farm.

Almost at 10k likes too.

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure Geoff and the other cameos didn't voice themselves, so the question becomes, why do they insist to have a japanese celebrity voice herself without her being able to speak it well.
Junji Ito
didn't voice himself either.

For her, i think it's intentional since she's not native and based on email after that mission, she only just recently learn how to speak english

astro

Oct 25, 2017
How far is the Junk Dealer mission where you reunite them and connect them to the network through Chapter 3?
Episode 3 is a weird one. It's your first forage into the main area of the game, so you can spend far more time building and delivering here than later chapters just because it's the first time it all opens up.

There is a lot of useful gear that pepper stations can give when they level, so e3 is a good time to try to unlock some for later.

In terms of main story quest only, I think that's about a 3rd of the way through or so.

DrBillRiverman

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
England
I.... Think I like this game. Its certainty interesting a d I'm still playing.
It's just too damn easy though, a s I'm playing on Hard.
I've yet to encounter anything which has given me even an inkling of challenge, so the game feels a little brain dead to play.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Am I the only one who doesn't build ziplines and goes everywhere on foot/bike? Like there's something oddly satisfying in just walking through Death Stranding's world. Currently in episode 6.
I started to use zip during this chapter, especially for one character who is high in a mountain (once area is connected) because it saves a lot of time

After that, it is very useful but you will see that

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I.... Think I like this game. Its certainty interesting a d I'm still playing.
It's just too damn easy though, a s I'm playing on Hard.
I've yet to encounter anything which has given me even an inkling of challenge, so the game feels a little brain dead to play.
The challenge is in planning the most efficient route, which can be through so tricky terrain, and doing it as quickly as possible.

If you're just holding down l2r2 and stroling through the easiest paths, it will be much less of a challenge.

Also while I don't find this necessarily hard, it is interesting. I just got a fully loaded truck up to the weather station using some bridges and ladders, that was fun.

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
Stopped playing 2 days and went from 300 likes to 29000. lol. And I'm not even that far along, just starting chapter 3

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
The challenge is in planning the most efficient route, which can be through so tricky terrain, and doing it as quickly as possible.

If you're just holding down l2r2 and stroling through the easiest paths, it will be much less of a challenge.

Also while I don't find this necessarily hard, it is interesting. I just got a fully loaded truck up to the weather station using some bridges and ladders, that was fun.
You drove the truck over ladders? Like two side-by-side? I have to try that.