• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
I am at Chapter 8, and by now I can confidently say this: I'm so grateful that Sony took at chance on letting Kojima go completely unhinged batshit crazy Kojima, because what he created is absolutely and unequivocally unique and new.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this shit took me like an hour LOL

It took me all of about 15 minutes with a bike and speed skeleton. Tbh, I actually kind of feel like you eventually get too much helpful gear that trivializes some things a bit more than I'd hoped. Though I suppose it could be tedious without it.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
wtf sam was a BB and Cliff's son?? Plot twist of the century
Yes and Louise was given the name his unborn daughter was going to have had his pregnant wife not been killed in a voidout. So he named Lou that in honor of her. Oh and in case you forgot, Lou is actually a clone of Sam, as are all BB units that are powering the chiral network.

The real question is when does the uprising start? :O

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Do you mind elaborating on this a bit? I only just discovered the ability to use strand contracts, so this is probably me.
It was a little further back, actually. Here:

- Hunt out structures that have been placed well and spam like on them for the max amount.
- Go to your Bridge Link menu and sort by Interacted with and find the person you just liked.
- If they look like someone who understands the mechanics, so: higher level, 'Legend' or 'Legend of Legend' badges, lots of likes, then press triangle on their profile to make a strand contract (this is an early game unlock).
- This will mean there is more chance of their contributions appearing in your game world.

There is also more chance they will see your interactions and form a contract with you too, and return your likes.

Make a bunch of these with players whose Bridge Link profile shows they understand the games systems and you should find the contributions for things like this raise across the board.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im around chapter 3 and seriously considering to just play the campaign missions because Im not feeling this game as a 100+ hours experience. Can I play straight to the end not making highways or farming materials? Or maybe a faster way to build everything?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Im around chapter 3 and seriously considering to just play the campaign missions because Im not feeling this game as a 100+ hours experience. Can I play straight to the end not making highways or farming materials? Or maybe a faster way to build everything?
See strand contracts above.

Making highways and building routes will make the game faster long run.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I liked the first boss at the lake.

*shrugs*
They are all down hill after that one. And even that one was mostly exciting because it was the first such experience. The rest are like...merely passable as far as mechanics goes. And all the free materials that get tossed your way really shows me that they knew there were real problems here and chose the bandaid route.

Just very far from the good MGS battles of the past.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Yes and Louise was given the name his unborn daughter was going to have had his pregnant wife not been killed in a voidout. So he named Lou that in honor of her. Oh and in case you forgot, Lou is actually a clone of Sam, as are all BB units that are powering the chiral network.

The real question is when does the uprising start? :O
It's not a Kojima game without clones lmao

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I got the funniest Game Over during the final boss fight
I beat the whale BT, then after the next scene loaded I immediately tripped over which trashed my cargo. I nearly flipped out until I realised the game autosaved the moment the BT went down, phew.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
- Hunt out structures that have been placed well and spam like on them for the max amount.
- Go to your Bridge Link menu and sort by Interacted with and find the person you just liked.
- If they look like someone who understands the mechanics, so: higher level, 'Legend' or 'Legend of Legend' badges, lots of likes, then press triangle on their profile to make a strand contract (this is an early game unlock).
- This will mean there is more chance of their contributions appearing in your game world.

There is also more chance they will see your interactions and form a contract with you too, and return your likes.

Make a bunch of these with players whose Bridge Link profile shows they understand the games systems and you should find the contributions for things like this raise across the board.
Oh ok, I did this a little bit the other day, I just wasn't sure what it meant, so I'm on the right track. Thanks!

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
So... are built roads only specific to YOUR game (I.e. they aren't shared structures like bridges/ladders/etc)?

I find it impossible to believe I'm the only damn person around Lake/South Knot that's actually completing roads.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It's not a Kojima game without clones lmao
Truthfact.

I now need a sequel titled
Death Stranding: Attack of The Clones

where Sam undertakes a quest to free all of the clones — his literal brothers and sisters — from their Chiral network bondage, marking the former hero as a terrorist and an enemy of the State in the process. A fight for the soul of humanity.

I wonder how many of his future movies will also have them.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Contributed with highways in chapter 3 area.
Once I went west I didn't bother with it. And haven't felt the lack of roads yet... (ch.9)

I did make routes tho in mount city. A lot.
Roads speed up moving through the main area a lot as you can boost full pelt on a bike or truck to the main points. Definitely worth it.

West, I'm not sure yet as maybe ziplines will be enough...

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
And you've claimed all you can from prepper stations? Why do you need so much?

I've been building roads. At one point I was hauling around 4k metal. I didn't know about the Strand Contract thing to help with that.

I went to that one already but mine wasn't ceramic it was special alloys, strange

You're right that's the alloy one. The ceramics one should be the one above that, East of the Craftsman.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Does MULE get expanded on later in the game? Cus so far their motivation might be the single worst motivation for a villain faction I've ever seen in any media.

"Chasing a deliverey high"? You're telling me these Monsters Inc looking guys are running around the apoxalypse getting off on stealing ladders to stick in postboxes?

By comparison I havn't met them yet but Homo Demons are inherently just incredibly threatening by concept.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Does MULE get expanded on later in the game? Cus so far their motivation might be the single worst motivation for a villain faction I've ever seen in any media.

"Chasing a deliverey high"? You're telling me these guys are running around the apoxalypse getting off on stealing ladders to stick in postboxes?

Cus I havn't met them yet but Homo Demons are inherently just incredibly threatening by concept.

Nope thats it.
Mind you, this is a threat full of people spending more than 25 hours in Chapter 3, delivering Cargo like cazy, so i dont think the concept is that far fatched ;-)

astro

Oct 25, 2017

"Chasing a deliverey high"? You're telling me these Monsters Inc looking guys are running around the apoxalypse getting off on stealing ladders to stick in postboxes?

By comparison I havn't met them yet but Homo Demons are inherently just incredibly threatening by concept.
MULES are just like an environmental hazard, they're not supposed to be in-depth. They work well as intended, imo.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Roads speed up moving through the main area a lot as you can boost full pelt on a bike or truck to the main points. Definitely worth it.

West, I'm not sure yet as maybe ziplines will be enough...

Yeh that main area is sorted. I made like 6 parts of the road, and contributed here and there. The rest was made by others. Been smooth sailing for me.

There is not a single road west of the mountains haha... zipline ftw.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Truthfact.

I now need a sequel titled
Death Stranding: Attack of The Clones

where Sam undertakes a quest to free all of the clones — his literal brothers and sisters — from their Chiral network bondage, marking the former hero as a terrorist and an enemy of the State in the process. A fight for the soul of humanity.

I wonder how many of his future movies will also have them.
higgs was right all along

Oct 29, 2017
Hey all! Quick question, and apologies if this has been asked 1million times.

Do you need PS+ to take advantage of the online features such as likes, and using other players' vehicles/items/etc? Or do you just need to have your PS4 connected to the internet?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Mechanically that's debatable. But still, it's an absurd motivation.
Mechanically they're just a type of terrain to consider planning around, much like all other terrain types. Unless you choose to engage with them, they're pretty much just a hazard to plan around.

I don't think it's absurd at all, considering the tone of the game. The Like aspect is hammed up on purpose, and the effects of the Death Stranding are numerous and heavy. The idea that within this universe these porters had a psychotic break of some kind and found themselves addicted to that rush fits in great.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't stop playing it. I can't stop playing a game about delivering packages.

Packages.

What kind of witchcraft is this?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
When you're not around...

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Mechanically that's debatable. But still, it's an absurd motivation.
You say that...but look at all the posters in here chasing ever more Likes for their deliveries and checking leaderboards. 😅 Actively stating their consternation about not getting enough of these 👍

Now take that demonstrable reality and sprinkle on some death dust on them. That would make these same posters even more extreme about it. I could definitely see some of these folk stealing cargo if it meant them getting more likes. Shit man, is society really even far off from that? I feel like this was a Dark Mirror episode.

Premise doesn't seem so absurd now, huh. The like system inclusion is not by happenstance.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You say that...but look at all the posters in here chasing ever more Likes and checking leaderboards. 😅 Actively stating their consternation about not getting enough of these 👍

Not add on some death dust that would make these same posters even more extreme about it. I could definitely see some of these folk stealing cargo if it meant them getting more likes. Shit man, is society really even far off from that? I feel like this was a Dark Mirror episode.
Exactly. While the game encourages you to chase likes, the MULEs act as a reflection of taking it to an extreme. It all clicks in place imo.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
For those that finished the game.

Can you take on orders on the way back? I don't want to miss any further order opportunities.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Still thinking about it after finishing it yesterday. I miss walking those mountains.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Asking again, apologies if it's been answered. Structures that other people have built that appear on your map. Do those count toward your chiral bandwidth? And if I dismantle them, does it dismantle in their world?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Asking again, apologies if it's been answered. Structures that other people have built that appear on your map. Do those count toward your chiral bandwidth? And if I dismantle them, does it dismantle in their world?

No, and no. Dismantle away if you want to clean up your chiral zen garden.