• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I know right. But last night someone must have mashed the like pad furiously on one of my generators because I got a huge amount from them at once. Immediately added them for bridge contract and will return the favor.

I'm usually that guy. I'm at the point where i have a 7 second window so i just hit like all the time.

By simply using the person's items is also an automatic like.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Ep 9:

Done, got all my healt but a sliver of it. Doesn't seem is just pressing fast, there seems to be some other mechanic in play, I don't know. -_-

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
lol! Press faster!

by the broken bridge shaped like a cross, right? After you are grabbed, you just go from building to building as they rise up, running towards the location on the map. Check your map along the way if you feel you are losing your bearings, but yea ignore the bosses unless you want to stun them with a grenade/weapon. I ignored them completely and ran to the target location.

I've just seen it literally pops up as the objective to escape, I was too busy trying to fight to see it lol. Thanks.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
It's mind-boggling how people beat this game in 30-35 hours. I played the shit out of it for the past 3-4 days, and after 33 hours, I'm still at chapter 5!

1 gift from Musubi

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Musubi Musubi!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Musubi said:
Hello there! I finally got my code for the Timefall album and I figured I'd raffle it off seeing as well I already have access to this on Apple Music!

These are our awesome prizes:

• MP3 Download MP3 Download: Death Stranding Timefall - Won by Ringten Ringten (11 entries)

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying the game so far. The mechanics are a little finicky at first, but there's something strangely satisfying about delivering a package in great condition, knowing what you went through to get it there. The community aspects are fantastic. Bridges, and ladders, and generators... this is a game where I want to help people by leaving things in the world, and I want to finish delivering their packages, and the like system as feedback is surprisingly rewarding. Knowing I helped someone on their journey in some way is pretty awesome.

I just started Chapter 3, so I'm not sure if it takes a downturn later, but right now I'm pretty high on it. The story is bizarre, which I'm enjoying. The AI isn't great, and the BT sections are tense, at least right now. I wish the camps were a little more complex, but it's still early in the game, so I'm expecting more combat and stealth options to open up later. Vehicles are fun. I love the reverse trike, and can't wait to start driving some of the trucks, and get into the zip line and highway system.

So... are the AMC ads, and Monster energy just like reprinted remnants of the past, or is Monster still in business somehow? Lol.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could even say that my 30 hours are due to doing deliveries. Yeah I've done a few but most of these guys are at like 2 or 3 stars. The majority of my time has been spent building roads and bridges. The roads were such an evil idea. I can't stand seeing this thing incomplete so I just have to finish it.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How am I supposed to rank up Collector to get his backpack cover? I've done 2 premium orders for him now, but he's still stuck at 1,9 stars. Why won't it move.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
I wish anybody else in my game would build roads. I enjoy doing it, but it's a lot of work.

Also where on earth is the collector? I feel like I've scoured every corner of those ravines and I can't find the guy.

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
So I just finished the game last night and loved it. I think I might go back and finish some roads, build some structures, and help everyone else out!

What do you all find is the best way to farm materials?

Retsudo

Oct 28, 2017
I found my true calling with this game. I havent gone past chapter 3 since monday because im busy building roads and improving whatever else some one built.

Got a lot of 5 stars already though.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Aww man, I just did a ton of large deliveries around Lake Knot with a stolen Mule truck last night but didn't know I could make them "Premium". Did I miss out on some sweet XP?

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Aww man, I just did a ton of large deliveries around Lake Knot with a stolen Mule truck last night but didn't know I could make them "Premium". Did I miss out on some sweet XP?
Unfortunately yes, you missed out on some likes. However, standard deliveries will re-appear after some time and you can do them again and choose Premium this time. It even tells you on the Standard Order screen if you've already done them, what rating you got, and if you did Premium.

How am I supposed to rank up Collector to get his backpack cover? I've done 2 premium orders for him now, but he's still stuck at 1,9 stars. Why won't it move.
I noticed this with some other preppers. I think you have to do a few deliveries for them and they will eventually send you an e-mail saying they'll sign up. So keep an eye on your e-mail.

Oct 2, 2018
I wish anybody else in my game would build roads. I enjoy doing it, but it's a lot of work.

Also where on earth is the collector? I feel like I've scoured every corner of those ravines and I can't find the guy.

It gets easier later in the game to build roads as you can collect lots of materials and haul them around much more easily. I built 2 sections of road in about 10-15 minutes because I can drive to various areas easily and the bridges truck can haul a lot of material.

you can make them premium once the game lets you know you can choose to make a premium delivery

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been playing much, so just now getting into chapter 3. Did all the prepper stuff, got my bike, delivered a pizza, ready to meet Fragile.

It's funny I'll be torn on whether I want to play the game, but once I sit down I get absorbed and the hours fly by.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I got home last night and finally got into chapter 3. Still loving the game and will most likely stick around in this chapter for awhile. Also, fuck mules, just try to catch me you delivery addicts.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Just unlocked
ziplines
and it's been a game changer. Is anyone with optimised route or network willing to share an image of their map?

in spoiler tags of course

Oct 27, 2017
Alameda, CA
I've been laid up with a medical thing this past week so I ended up beating it last night. Ain't nobody like Kojima, loved almost every minute of it.

55 Hours, spent a lot of time leveling relationships and rebuilt all roads except one segment. Goddamn Route-18 is EXPENSIVE.

May 24, 2019
man, i just can't stop thinking about this game, i love it so much. i think it's amazing that a title with such an usual premise can be produced on this scale right now. this is the first game directed by kojima that i've played (apart from P.T. a few months back), and i couldn't be more impressed by it.

i often feel that it's to its detriment if a game relies too heavily on the tropes of cinema to tell its story. when i say that, i think i'm referring mostly to the heavy use of cutscenes that involve a lot of dialogue, changes in camera angle, changes in setting (multiple 'scenes' in an uninterrupted cinematic), and other gestures characteristic of the non-interactive medium of cinema. in my experience of games that employ this, it works against the space for agency that the interactive medium creates.

death stranding is kind of challenging all those ideas that i've held to this point. i don't know if i can put my finger on why just yet, but the cinematic elements of this game seemed to really enhance its interactive elements. i feel like it might be because there's such a pathos to the character of sam in terms of both the intense sociopolitical position he's in, and the continual fact of his gruelling labour, which you both witness and enact as the player of the game.

for all its flamboyancy and overwroughtness - maybe even, in part, because of those qualities - it's really sticking with me.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I know right. But last night someone must have mashed the like pad furiously on one of my generators because I got a huge amount from them at once. Immediately added them for bridge contract and will return the favor.
If I like manually, I'm usually gonna mash the hell out of it because it was that big of a help. Anything I use that wasn't just super obvious or mediocre in placement, will probably get a like mashing, otherwise you just get the one from using it. Like I saw a ladder that was placed leading down to a stream where you could just walk down it...the ladder was practically flat. Yeah, I used the ladder because it was there, but it certainly wasn't a game-changing addition to the landscape. XD

I try to like and help as best I can though.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
The more I play, the more I move away from my initial response to the negative reviews. Originally I felt it was a very niche game for a small audience disguised as a big budget AAA title, that it wouldn't be for everyone, and that was okay. I love it, but I could understand why someone might hate it.

But now... not so much. I know they couldn't talk about anything beyond episode 3, but I'm beginning to suspect many of them didn't even play any further. I have been shocked and surprised by things the game has thrown at me, largely because I didn't expect them, because those reviews didn't so much as allude to any sort of variation or change in pace.

And then you've got the 'whoaaa I've finished it and even I don't know if it's good, who knows how it'll review!!!' crowd.

This is a very good game. Obviously? Surely? As I said, the further I go, the more something about those particular takes feels amiss. I've never been one to jump to conspiracy or narrative pushing when it comes to reviews I disagree with - heck, I found the divisive response genuinely exciting - but... I dunno.

I suppose I'm just enjoying something so much I can't even conceive of someone not doing so.

Seregil

Oct 25, 2017
So can you get upgraded versions of the golden exo--skeletons from preordering/deluxed edition? I have level 3 speed skeletons but can only make level 1 golden speed skeletons.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So how screwed will i be if don't do any standard orders? I prefer just doing the orders for sam and occasionally picking up other peoples cargo and delivering them.

May 24, 2019
Who else loves Deadman?.
hell yeah, deadman is my favourite character! i feel like he's not as present as some other characters in the chapters 2 and 3, but
after the scene with him and sam in the shower, things really start to change. for a while, it's not clear who you can really trust in the UCA other than deadman. he comes to WW2 with sam, and he's willing to wait for sam unarmed and guarding his BB. he sticks with you trying to uncover the truth right up until the very end. plus, deadman bonds with BB like sam does, learning to understand that unique relationship, and he bonds with sam too. the scene where he tells sam that he was artificially created and explains his own problems with intimacy and connection was one of my 'tear up' moments playing this game. (although i've read postgame interviews reveal that he's actually got bio parents? which kind of changes the mood of that moment in retrospect, but whatever.)

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
That Silent Poets song (Almost Nothing) rolling at the credits was fucking beautiful. I have lots of problems with parts of the writing, but this song capping the game after that ending was an amazing choice. It was very emotionally impactful. I loved it.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Can't play until Saturday, slowly falling behind on this thread and I'm gonna get spoiled on everything smh.

May 24, 2019
So how screwed will i be if don't do any standard orders? I prefer just doing the orders for sam and occasionally picking up other peoples cargo and delivering them.
you will not really be screwed at all. i only did a couple during main story and it didn't affect too much. i think it's more important to just be able to afford to make things when you need to make them, which the story missions provide for pretty amply.
Have 99 percent damaged cargo in Episode 12 😭
I don't have any container spray.
if your cargo itself is undeliverably damaged you'll need to redeploy it from the orders menu, but otherwise find a timefall shelter!

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
The constant cutscenes are really starting to piss me off.

Go from Capital Knot City to Waypoint West, get first unskippable cutscene of rain, second of BT and third of BT also(?). Get to Waypoint West, unload your cargo, get 2 cutscenes. Pick up new cargo, get a cutscene. Drive to Distribution Center, (unskippable?) trigger of another BT, so again three unskippable scenes.

Windfarm is even worse.