• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Right after the First Prepper there's a cliff that insta-killed me ton of times, dunno if it's done on purpose but unless you know you need to slow down in that specific spot you will fall and die no matter what.

I died in that spot like 5 times. Id' try to slide down the hillside and it'd just launch me into straight death.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Delivering Pizza using zip-line works. How do you deal with chiral network bandwidth with such a huge zip-line network? Mine only heavily covers the mountain areas, and I was struggling to fit everything in the available bandwidth.

It's not that huge; like you said it mainly just covers the Mountain Areas and I was lucky to be able to use quite a few Online Zip-Lines which AFAIK don't seem to use bandwidth (or they do but the UI is hiding it for some reason). I'm slowly building up the road network there as well which makes it so that deliveries to the big plains area behind the mountains aren't too difficult. I've also yet to unlock all the preppers around there so who knows whether I'll be able to do a complete network for that area.
Not for all of them, iirc. Think there was one where you had to hold something in your hands and using a zip did not work

Thanks! Can you spoil me as to what that one is? I'm just about to do the Timefall Farm one after I get through Chapter 7.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That is the one mission I'm talking about. Not sure if you had to walk or can transport the item via truck/bike. But Ziplines definitely didn't work in this case
Ah, OK. Well that one shouldn't be too much of an issue as I've got the road network set up. If there's any ones that involve travelling through/over the mountains then it would be a massive pain if I had to walk all the way there.
You have to walk the entire way.
Went north eastward up the hills from the farm to avoid the immediate MULE area then bee-lined up next to the water fall and made my way across a bridge to the roads, at which point it was a long safe run all the way to the destination. Had minor stops along Timefall shelters to repair the cargo along the way but it was a way simpler delivery than I initially expected.

Plum

May 31, 2018
That is the one mission I'm talking about. Not sure if you had to walk or can transport the item via truck/bike. But Ziplines definitely didn't work in this case

Ah, OK. Well that one shouldn't be too much of an issue as I've got the road network set up. If there's any ones that involve travelling through/over the mountains then it would be a massive pain if I had to walk all the way there.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
You have to walk the entire way.
Went north eastward up the hills from the farm to avoid the immediate MULE area then bee-lined up next to the water fall and made my way across a bridge to the roads, at which point it was a long safe run all the way to the destination. Had minor stops along Timefall shelters to repair the cargo along the way but it was a way simpler delivery than I initially expected.

Yup, was expecting this mission to be a real pain in the a, but with a speed skeleton and completed road network you can do this in around 15 minutes. Take some repair spray with you and you should be fine.
So I need to change the game difficulty ?

Yes. Doesn't make the game harder, imo. At least the missions where you only have to deliver things shouldn't be a problem.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need some help here.

I'm getting absolutely wrecked on chapter 12. This Cryptobiote delivery is insane. They force you into quite a few BT fights its raining constantly and because the printers are down I can't make anymore container repair so my cargo is also getting wrecked. Got to the final Whale BT and then ended up dying right before I finished the fight (literally 2-3 more grenade launcher shots would have done it). This is the first time in the entire 60+ hours I've been frustrated with the game. Not sure how I can make this whole trek better. Any suggestions?

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I need some help here.

I'm getting absolutely wrecked on chapter 12. This Cryptobiote delivery is insane. They force you into quite a few BT fights its raining constantly and because the printers are down I can't make anymore container repair so my cargo is also getting wrecked. Got to the final Whale BT and then ended up dying right before I finished the fight (literally 2-3 more grenade launcher shots would have done it). This is the first time in the entire 60+ hours I've been frustrated with the game. Not sure how I can make this whole trek better. Any suggestions?

try getting under timefall shelters to repair your cargo

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
These things are so funny!

Here's another one from Reddit also:

YJHOM4B.gif
Wait...you can climb ladders while having a floating carrier attached to yourself?

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I need some help here.

Yeah the not allowing you to fabricate anything is bullshit. That said, by the time I finished that delivery, the cargo was completely destroyed (100% damage on both container and the cargo itself) and I still got a grade C for that whole order. So it's not the end of the world if the cargo actually gets destroyed.

The games story took an absolute melodramatic nosedive in chapter 9. What the fuck?
Oh just you wait. There's a LOT of cutscenes left

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm around Chapter 7, but I decided to go back to the earlier parts of the game to finish up stuff I skipped out on as I rushed to Chapter 3? What's the best way to traverse the first area? Too much bandwidth for ziplines, and cars get me in trouble (I died for the first time after 50 hours or so doing this). Is walking really the only option?

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not that huge; like you said it mainly just covers the Mountain Areas and I was lucky to be able to use quite a few Online Zip-Lines which AFAIK don't seem to use bandwidth (or they do but the UI is hiding it for some reason). I'm slowly building up the road network there as well which makes it so that deliveries to the big plains area behind the mountains aren't too difficult. I've also yet to unlock all the preppers around there so who knows whether I'll be able to do a complete network for that area.

Thanks! Can you spoil me as to what that one is? I'm just about to do the Timefall Farm one after I get through Chapter 7.
the timefall one is the only one where you have to walk because he orders a wine you must hold in your hands.

the rest you can do using your truck. including the ones in the mountains.

Plum

May 31, 2018
the timefall one is the only one where you have to walk because he orders a wine you must hold in your hands.

the rest you can do using your truck. including the ones in the mountains.

Thanks. Just finished the Timefall Farm one and that wasn't too bad at all. Once I had gotten to the road it was just a matter of sprinting to the finish. Any others I can just go to Mountain Knot, take the zipline network to the Lake->South Road and drive up.

And is there any reason why it's still at less than 1 star? Do I have to do all of the pizza deliveries before I can progress?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
55+ hours and just completed Ch 3. Good lord.

Question pertaining to the conclusion of Ch 3:

Is there a point to employing Lethal weapons? Is it not antithetical to the entire messaging of the game and the purpose of Bridges thus far?

Also, is it my imagination or there is a word play involved with the "Cosplay" prepper?

Otter + Conan - World play on Otacon

Okapi

May 31, 2019
I just started Chapter 8 and I want to finish up the road before going forward but it's really taking a long time... I wonder what's the fastest way to go about it: Clearing up MULE camps and then loading up a truck?

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
I just started Chapter 8 and I want to finish up the road before going forward but it's really taking a long time... I wonder what's the fastest way to go about it: Clearing up MULE camps and then loading up a truck?
That and taking out all the resources from your preppers and distro centers.

Last edited:

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Just finished the Timefall Farm one and that wasn't too bad at all. Once I had gotten to the road it was just a matter of sprinting to the finish. Any others I can just go to Mountain Knot, take the zipline network to the Lake->South Road and drive up.

And is there any reason why it's still at less than 1 star? Do I have to do all of the pizza deliveries before I can progress?
you have to rest in a private room and he will start emailing you. if he isnt emailing you that means you need to finish the story.

the first prepper one in the mountains is the toughest but i just put it in a truck and went down hill. i had around 10% container damage by the time i came down but from there it was a simple drive. ziplines should work too as long as you keep the pizza flat on your back.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

I loaded up a truck full of crap from all the distro centers outside of the mountains + hitting mule camps along the way. Farming chiral crystals is easy as hell once

You get the cord snipping handcuffs

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
55+ hours and just completed Ch 3. Good lord.

Question pertaining to the conclusion of Ch 3:

Is there a point to employing Lethal weapons? Is it not antithetical to the entire messaging of the game and the purpose of Bridges thus far?

Also, is it my imagination or there is a word play involved with the "Cosplay" prepper?

Otter + Conan - World play on Otacon
if you use hematic grenades, it makes lethal weapons extremely effective against bt bosses.

but yes, other than that, its more trouble than its worth.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
they are lethal to BTs.
Holy shit!

I have been using them and Hematic gun, since I got them against BTs. I thought that it just simply severs BTs' connection with the world that Sam occupies. The only other grenades were from Sam's wastes and they simply force the BTs to change position.

In fact, the first time I got trapped by BTs, which resulted in a small boss fight, I used those Ex. Grenades to no effect. The only thing that worked were H. Grenades. I did not realize that I was actually "killing" an already non-alive entity/entities

Last edited:

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Well, after just over 100 hours (!) I finally pushed forward and beat it.

Not going detailed here, but I think the ending honestly removed DS from my possible GOTY status.

It was just so much over-indulging Kojima bullshit for my tastes. It reminded me the problem I've had with every one of his games I've played, sans MGS3- the man just doesn't know how to craft/pace a satisfying ending. Not just the convoluted nature, but the multiple end credits, the symbolism sledgehammered over my head, the redundancy of Amelie's dialogue scenes on the beach... goddamn I just got to the point where I wanted it to end.

I still think it's a very good, unique game and I'm glad I bought it. I'm looking forward to see what he does next. But the last act of this game reminded me that I'm just not a huge fan of the way Kojima writes. The performances were pretty great (considering what they had to work with) and Reedus worked in the role, but I feel he's a pretty one-note actor and I'm not thrilled that Kojima might use him as a lead in another project.
Regardless, I'm glad this game exists.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, after just over 100 hours (!) I finally pushed forward and beat it.

Not going detailed here, but I think the ending honestly removed DS from my possible GOTY status.

It was just so much over-indulging Kojima bullshit for my tastes. It reminded me the problem I've had with every one of his games I've played, sans MGS3- the man just doesn't know how to craft/pace a satisfying ending. Not just the convoluted nature, but the multiple end credits, the symbolism sledgehammered over my head, the redundancy of Amelie's dialogue scenes on the beach... goddamn I just got to the point where I wanted it to end.

I still think it's a very good, unique game and I'm glad I bought it. I'm looking forward to see what he does next. But the last act of this game reminded me that I'm just not a huge fan of the way Kojima writes. The performances were pretty great (considering what they had to work with) and Reedus worked in the role, but I feel he's a pretty one-note actor and I'm not thrilled that Kojima might use him as a lead in another project.
Regardless, I'm glad this game exists.
i felt the same about the ending but then it grew on me. i think the second to last chapter is awful but the final chapter worked for me.

i also went back to finish up the trophies and im still hooked a week later. its a phenomenal game let down by some bad writing but i have grown to appreciate its earnestness. too many games have cynical and jaded characters nowadays telling stories of despair and individualism. this game's story and characters are the complete opposite and while it might look bad when compared to western stories like tlou, gow and uncharted 4, it is infectious in its optimism.

give it some time and it might grow on you.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been able to log on for a week or so until last night and I saw there was another update. Anything major or just bug fixes?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Why is farming so easy if you don't mind me asking? I got the tool you mentioned

Handcuffs made me realize how really stupid BTs are. Just crouch walk through a field of bts. If you come across one you'll get the prompt to sneak attack kill them, get their crystals, repeat until you're satisfied. Incinerator in the first area has tons you can just mow down. Found it a lot quicker than killing them with hermetic grenades/guns.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Used and build zip-line today,and man,this shit is so good,55hrs and just start chapter 6,this game is amazing.

Plum

May 31, 2018
One thing I'm unclear of is whether or not a truck's carry possibility is based on the weight, the number/size of parcels within, or both. Would be much easier to build roads if I could just put a whole bunch of smaller metal/ceramic cases in instead of having to try and optimise my loadout based on how many materials each auto paver needs.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Handcuffs made me realize how really stupid BTs are. Just crouch walk through a field of bts. If you come across one you'll get the prompt to sneak attack kill them, get their crystals, repeat until you're satisfied. Incinerator in the first area has tons you can just mow down. Found it a lot quicker than killing them with hermetic grenades/guns.
Thanks I'll give it a shot. Need to finish up a few roads.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One thing I'm unclear of is whether or not a truck's carry possibility is based on the weight, the number/size of parcels within, or both. Would be much easier to build roads if I could just put a whole bunch of smaller metal/ceramic cases in instead of having to try and optimise my loadout based on how many materials each auto paver needs.
I think it's weight. When I go on a road run I'll take all my metals and ceramics but always break them down to 200-640 range depending on how many terminals and it always fits no matter how I divide it. Just my observation though, don't take it as known fact.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
One way to test it for sure is to load it up with tons of large-yet-lightweight cargo compared to a few max-weight commodities. Floating Carrier would probably be a good test for number of containers, as they weigh almost nothing, but have the same outside dimensions as a large container. Plus their build requirements are low, so it should be fairly easy to crank out a ton.

My guess is that is is solely weight-based for Bridges Trucks (since they're completely enclosed), and mostly volume-based for Mule Trucks (since cargo is visible).

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished! Weighing how much I'm going to actually go back and try to grind through stuff now though. I want to but boy getting sam to 60 in every category is going to be a slog.

Fun stuff though. A lot of the plot points seem pretty telegraphed but still ended up being a fun romp.

Oct 29, 2017
Just met Heartman face to face for the first time. Really like his character and backstory.

If I mainline everything from here on out, how many more hours am I lookin at?