• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell, I almost fired my controller across the room last night...reminded me of how much I love-hated Demon's Souls the first time around!

I popped in for a "quick game" of warping back into the opening Eastern Region to five-star the Wind Farm and Musician. Now that I have all these amazing tools, should be super easy!? WRONG, WRONG. I loaded up my truck to the gills earlier and got fucking nailed by BTs THREE TIMES IN A ROW...THREE TIMES...TWICE involving my massive amount of cargo being spilled all over the goddamn place because I got dragged into a fight.

I somehow powered through this and finally five-starred the Musicians, make my way to the Wind Farm only to realize that it's absolutely bonkers full of BTs now and my smug full-out assault with grenades and assault rifles only alerted like 50 more of them who absolutely handed my ass to me. I managed to have several delivery items destroyed, died and had my PCCs ruined...

I can't remember wanting to, emphasis on wanting to, smash a controller this hard in a long time. When patience wears thin, it's like the game smirks right in your face, my lord.

I haven't dealt with your particular situation but yeah, Death Stranding gives me whiplash sometimes. I can be trucking along, placing ziplines or figuring out how to climb down mountains or just doing milk runs and pretending it's Euro Truck Simulator. And then a few things go wrong--I fall into a crevice and my stuff breaks, or I take on a few too many MULEs and next thing I know all my stuff is at the dump site, INCLUDING all the stuff that was in my truck that I now have to put back in the truck--and suddenly it's the most infuriating experience. Sometimes this game turns on a dime.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I lucked out and Voided out the woods to the Wind Farm, which let me make a zipline right through the heart of it. Imagine my disappointment when I realized Voidouts aren't permanent. :(

Returning to E astern section is much more frustrating then Central in general imo.

Nelson

Oct 1, 2019
California
All the short cutscene transitions for are so irritating. Especially when there are like several in a row. Urgh...

Yeah those got old fast. They are skippable but it's not convenient; you have to press Option, right, then X. I've gotten kinda fast at this :-( Even so you'll find some actions like taking a shower are really several cutscenes stuck together, so skipping one doesn't much help.

Another Kojima trait, forcing you to watch everything. I like how there's not one but two 10+ minute credit scrolls you can't skip.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. There's a Bridges truck next to the Sprititualist. That's impressive.
That is a tough drive...

Does anyone else wish that Kojima would make a game based on
The WW1 / WW2 flashbacks? I just reached the WW2 flashback and the environment and characters in these are absolutely incredible!

Dec 6, 2017
US
I haven't dealt with your particular situation but yeah, Death Stranding gives me whiplash sometimes. I can be trucking along, placing ziplines or figuring out how to climb down mountains or just doing milk runs and pretending it's Euro Truck Simulator. And then a few things go wrong--I fall into a crevice and my stuff breaks, or I take on a few too many MULEs and next thing I know all my stuff is at the dump site, INCLUDING all the stuff that was in my truck that I now have to put back in the truck--and suddenly it's the most infuriating experience. Sometimes this game turns on a dime.

My ultimate decision was:

Fuck the Wind Farm five-star rating. That guy can go fend for himself living in such a train wreck of a place.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017

Fuck the Wind Farm five-star rating. That guy can go fend for himself living in such a train wreck of a place.
Wind Farm deliveries were one of my favorites because I put a Zipline through that forest and it felt so good zipping through/past those trees. Took me only a minute from the distro center to Wind Farm.

Just let yourself get grabbed by a BT there, trigger the boss fight, kill the boss with hematic grenades and the area will be clear of BTs. Then plant a zipline at the Wind Farm, one in the middle of the forest, and then one at the top of the cliffs and you got yourself a hassle free delivery route.

Okapi

May 31, 2019
Wind Farm deliveries were one of my favorites because I put a Zipline through that forest and it felt so good zipping through/past those trees. Took me only a minute from the distro center to Wind Farm.

Just let yourself get grabbed by a BT there, trigger the boss fight, kill the boss with hematic grenades and the area will be clear of BTs. Then plant a zipline at the Wind Farm, one in the middle of the forest, and then one at the top of the cliffs and you got yourself a hassle free delivery route.
Yeah it was a bit of pain to set them up but after that it was super satisfying to zip in and out of there!

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
wF8MuIj.gif

Dec 6, 2017
US

So I've never really thought about, or timed, it but how long does the area stay free of BTs if you fuck up the "boss"? I actually really like those fights and absolutely love that satisfying "BT turns to crystals" visual and animation. I think BTs just stress me out so much in some areas that I lose my cool and start running unfortunately haha

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My ziplines are finally getting likes. I was very depressed because for the first few days no one seemed to be using it. I think i was ahead of everyone two weeks ago because i logged in a couple of days ago and nearly all of my ziplines had over 5000 likes. one of them had almost 20,000. thats almost 20-25 ziplines.

its hilarious how many likes bridges get. you can put a bridge in a completely random place that leads to nowhere and it will get likes. i am not ashamed to admit that i built random utterly useless bridges just for likes. like 5 of my bridges have over 50k likes. one very popular bridge has 120k likes for some reason. it takes you from waystation from west of mountain knot city to the Mule area but still 120k likes? why?

What i found bizarre was that i created this bridge right next to the doctor and connected it to the mountain knot city roads. there was another bridge further down from the doctor but i would always get stuck crossing it and land in the river. my bridge was much closer to the doctor and yet no one every used it. i left it on for three weeks and zero likes. my zip lines on the doctor have over 5k likes but not a single like on the bridge. i think the game is biased when it comes to some structures. it was an extremely tricky one to place so maybe it glitched out and the game never put it on anyone's server.

i am also a bit peeved about the game replacing all my roads. i didnt just complete other people's roads, i put stuff in from scratch. i would get thousands of likes and then nothing the next day and the names would get replaced by others who built them. now the only likes i get are from people who use my bridges and ziplines.

Still, closing in on 2 million player likes so cant complain too much.

Nelson

Oct 1, 2019
California
i think the game is biased when it comes to some structures.

I've seen a lot of speculation on how this works but nothing definitive. One guess is that if there are two conflicting structures, like two ziplines very near each other, the one that was there first or the one that got the most likes "wins". And there's a positive reinforcement loop where something with more likes gets seen more, so gets more likes, and so is seen more, and... There's also something very complicated going on with exactly whose structures you see. I still don't know if every player sees a unique group of other players' structures (your Strand Contracts plus other linked players) or if there's some notion of partitioned servers where many players see the exact same thing. Or some mix of both.

The async multiplayer is one of the great innovations in Death Stranding and I really like it. It's just hard to understand.

I'm excited to see what the game looks like in a few months when a lot of people have stopped playing and structures start getting destroyed by timefall. I have a note for myself to look back in, say, a year and see if any roads are still standing.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Just finished the story this weekend! I almost felt like I would just put aside the game for a while but I jumped right back into deliveries hahaha.

]I understand some of the hate for the way the finale is handled but I think the ending works pretty well, and the emotional moments definitely work. As the credits rolled, I definitely felt like I'm comfortable calling this the best Kojima game ever

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a lot of speculation on how this works but nothing definitive. One guess is that if there are two conflicting structures, like two ziplines very near each other, the one that was there first or the one that got the most likes "wins". And there's a positive reinforcement loop where something with more likes gets seen more, so gets more likes, and so is seen more, and... There's also something very complicated going on with exactly whose structures you see. I still don't know if every player sees a unique group of other players' structures (your Strand Contracts plus other linked players) or if there's some notion of partitioned servers where many players see the exact same thing. Or some mix of both.

The async multiplayer is one of the great innovations in Death Stranding and I really like it. It's just hard to understand.

I'm excited to see what the game looks like in a few months when a lot of people have stopped playing and structures start getting destroyed by timefall. I have a note for myself to look back in, say, a year and see if any roads are still standing.
yes, its absolutely brilliant and innovative.

I actually had one of the bridges in my instance get destroyed by timefall. it was in the BT area right next to the distribution center in the chapter 2 capitol knot city map. it had almost 10k likes. i put a bridge right where the old one used to be and it got zero likes. so yeah, you are on to something.

now i had another bridge in the same bt area, like 10 yards away, it has 12k likes. so it clearly got put in other instances despite being really close to the other bridge in the same BT area.

Been leaving signs everywhere i find memory chips. Zero likes on any of them so far. i would love to understand how the online functionality works, its so fascinating.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Windfarm was arguably one of the easiest for me to five star. I just took all the orders from the other stations one by one then put them at the private locker in distribution center closest to it. Then I put it all on a floating carrier and ran it once with speed skeleton. Instant 5*. Can just run past the BTs, I did it
without BB even.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
yes, its absolutely brilliant and innovative.

I actually had one of the bridges in my instance get destroyed by timefall. it was in the BT area right next to the distribution center in the chapter 2 capitol knot city map. it had almost 10k likes. i put a bridge right where the old one used to be and it got zero likes. so yeah, you are on to something.

now i had another bridge in the same bt area, like 10 yards away, it has 12k likes. so it clearly got put in other instances despite being really close to the other bridge in the same BT area.

Been leaving signs everywhere i find memory chips. Zero likes on any of them so far. i would love to understand how the online functionality works, its so fascinating.

I'm sure in like 6 months nerds will have gone through every single scenario and figured it out. But the mystery and weird mechanics made playing it at launch so awesome.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Windfarm was arguably one of the easiest for me to five star. I just took all the orders from the other stations one by one then put them at the private locker in distribution center closest to it. Then I put it all on a floating carrier and ran it once with speed skeleton. Instant 5*. Can just run past the BTs, I did it
without BB even.

Damn all of you for thinking outside the box unlike me!!!

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People are placing structures everywhere and there I am having placed only 4 - 8 building structures in my entire 55 hour run. No seriously, I think I gives out so many likes on other people structures that my game was filled with useful placements already or I just hiked.

TMC

Oct 27, 2017

Whaaaat?! I had no idea that killing the boss after being dragged by BTs would clear the area of BTs. Is that permanent? I always just ran from them to continue deliveries.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
People are placing structures everywhere and there I am having placed only 4 - 8 building structures in my entire 55 hour run. No seriously, I think I gives out so many likes on other people structures that my game was filled with useful placements already or I just hiked.

same here. I would build roads when I could and always carried some PCCs for ziplines but I made very few structures overall

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a full map of the road network out there yet? I'm curious to see how expansive it is. I'm assuming it links up all the main distros? I had a google but couldn't find anything and I know they take a ton of resources so maybe it's just not been done yet.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a full map of the road network out there yet? I'm curious to see how expansive it is. I'm assuming it links up all the main distros? I had a google but couldn't find anything and I know they take a ton of resources so maybe it's just not been done yet.

From Lake Knot to South Knot. It also branches off from the craftsman and goes north all the way around the mountains to mountain knot.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
After finishing the game at roughly 60 hours, I only 'discover' now about L and LL rank deliveries. And then I look at the trophy for the latter and am like, I'm never getting the plat for this. Will likely do the rest of the stuff though. Excellent game that was polarizing for me at times. In the end though, even with some of my gripes, the overall experience was a 9.5/10 for me. It'll be up there with Sekiro, Outer Wilds, Control, and several others when voting time comes around. Glad I decided to play it!

I think the next thing I'm going to do is work on creating a good zipline network. It's something I just didn't do during my playthrough. I just Mudrunner'd through most of it. :)

Last edited:

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I do wish there was some giant road network where I could literally truck everywhere, but I guess that might be a bit too easy haha

Would have been nice to have in the endgame to make wrapping up deliveries easier. I thought I was going to put time into the post game as I really enjoyed building ziplines but I just hit the current capacity on the network and it's taken the wind out of my sails now; I was hoping the road network could make up for it.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Is there a list of all of the song moments in the game? I know there are a lot, I sort of just wanted to revisit them. I would say my favorites are

- "I'm Leaving" playing when heading down from the weather station

- That one song in the end credits that plays one other time (just cant remember when. I think when you're about to cross the tar belt)

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Quite a bit into the Heartman chapter, 👉❤, so looking like I'm in the home stretch? Guessing I'll be finished by this weekend, what a journey.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
ELYSAumWsAAp96-

Platinum obtained. Can't believe it took me more to plat than to finish the story.

Never got bored, even though the game was really relaxing, experimenting, optimising, exploring.

ELYSBE9XkAAkajQ

MG310

Oct 25, 2017

I didn't place anything but selfish generators untl the post-game and trying to 5 star everything.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Question about decaying structures.

So a lot of structures are starting to decay to the point of nothingness. Does the game repopulate these free'd up areas with more player's structures, or is that space completely dead unless I build on it?

Like will the landscape of my game totally change once stuff breaks, and new structures just start to appear?

master15

Nov 28, 2017
Just started the game. I don't quite understand, if I pick up lost cargo if I want to eventually deliver it to the required destination should I put this in a private locker rather then entrusting lost cargo at station? Is that correct?

Last edited:

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Just started the game. I don't quite understand, if I pick up lost cargo if I want to eventually deliver the, to their destination should I put this in a private locker rather then entrusting lost cargo at station? Is that correct?

Not sure what you're asking? If you want to temporarily store it, use the private locker. If you want to return it, return it to any station but you'll get the most likes from the station that is it's destination.

master15

Nov 28, 2017
Not sure what you're asking? If you want to temporarily store it, use the private locker. If you want to return it, return it to any station but you'll get the most likes from the station that is it's destination.

Sorry if my question isn't clear. What's more beneficial for new player, entrusting lost cargo or storing it in private locker and delivering it yourself?

Oct 29, 2017
Just started the game. I don't quite understand, if I pick up lost cargo if I want to eventually deliver the, to their destination should I put this in a private locker rather then entrusting lost cargo at station? Is that correct?

Either way gives you "likes" but delivering to the intended person gives the most

Whaaaat?! I had no idea that killing the boss after being dragged by BTs would clear the area of BTs. Is that permanent? I always just ran from them to continue deliveries.

It's just for a little while, not permanent. They drop a SHITLOAD of chiral Crystal's tho, and they tend to be easy

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if my question isn't clear. What's more beneficial for new player, entrusting lost cargo or storing it in private locker and delivering it yourself?

Storing it in a private locker is just storing it, personal stash, it does nothing.

Entrusting/Delivering it yourself is just a question of whether you want to take time for the full credit of the delivery or just entrust it to whatever place you happen to be closest/going to.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Question (I am on Ch V and recently unlocked the location:
Distro center where Sam was asked to deliver blood.
)-

I am running low on resources especially Metals when trying to build roads. Any idea which camps give you Metals because so far I have only found mostly just Ceramics and Special Alloys?

Also, how do I find out which missions actually reward me with Material resources?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
)-

I am running low on resources especially Metals when trying to build roads. Any idea which camps give you Metals because so far I have only found mostly just Ceramics and Special Alloys?

Also, how do I find out which missions actually reward me with Material resources?

First camp closest to Lake Knot has metals. You get more materials whenever you get additional stars for locations. Start of chapter 3 I was only raiding camps, around chapter 5 I had leveled up enough locations I was just going to various distro centers and clearing them out of their materials.

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
)-

I usually hit up mule camps, getting post boxes along with everything laying around. You also get a good amount just from leveling up each location

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
First camp closest to Lake Knot has metals. You get more materials whenever you get additional stars for locations. Start of chapter 3 I was only raiding camps, around chapter 5 I had leveled up enough locations I was just going to various distro centers and clearing them out of their materials.

Ahhh, that's the one that I have yet to raid and I am kind of maxed out on stars atm with almost every outlet. Thanks.

I usually hit up mule camps, getting post boxes along with everything laying around. You also get a good amount just from leveling up each location

Roger roger, thank you.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
)-

Are you only submitting materials to pavers on the chiral network? It's a slog to build off network.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Are you only submitting materials to pavers on the chiral network? It's a slog to build off network.

Ah, yea, those printing machines are called pavers (didn't realize that until this moment). Yes, I am submitting materials to them. Sometimes, they come with a certain percentage of the materials already preloaded and they are scarcely at a denominations that fit well with the ones that are assigned to Metals and Ceramics resulting in almost always overbudgeting.

I do it because it really helps with saving time on large scale deliveries.