• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Has there been any indication how this sold? I'm trying to sell my copy now that im done and have had 1 offer in a week which was a trade. I notice a lot of listings for the game and I'm already asking half off retail. :/

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, yea, those printing machines are called pavers (didn't realize that until this moment). Yes, I am submitting materials to them. Sometimes, they come with a certain percentage of the materials already preloaded and they are scarcely at a denominations that fit well with the ones that are assigned to Metals and Ceramics resulting in almost always overbudgeting.

I do it because it really helps with saving time on large scale deliveries.

So a couple of tips:
- Be tactical with the denominations you take. I found it was nearly always easier to load a truck with numerous - 160/320 amounts. I think it may take up more space, but I'd rather do another trip than have to get to a mule camp to restock etc.
- Always build when you're connected to the chiral network. Always. If you see a paver that has 0 materials contributed - check if you're on the network. If not, go with the main story until you have connected that area. It's horribly inefficient and time consuming to build a paver from 0.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Man, I'm playing without the hud now. It looks so awesome. After 255 hours, I know all the different terrains, I know how the character feels, reacts, animates and moves etc. Everything is so well, designed, with great feedback and subtle cues you can recognize, so you don't need to depend on the hud. I can't stop playing. Definitely going for the platinum trophy.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
43 hours later and I'm done with the story. Soo goood! As a Metalgear fan there was so much familiar stuff and awesome characters. Loved the ending that explained many things and still being a little surprising too.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm playing without the hud now. It looks so awesome. After 255 hours, I know all the different terrains, I know how the character feels, reacts, animates and moves etc. Everything is so well, designed, with great feedback and subtle cues you can recognize, so you don't need to depend on the hud. I can't stop playing. Definitely going for the platinum trophy.
I wish there was a button toggle for HUD, or at least have markers show when you're in compass mode, because the game is so pretty without HUD but I also need it to know which direction to go, lol.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
So a couple of tips:
- Be tactical with the denominations you take. I found it was nearly always easier to load a truck with numerous - 160/320 amounts. I think it may take up more space, but I'd rather do another trip than have to get to a mule camp to restock etc.

Well, yes, I tend to claim large chunks from one location and then recycle them and reclaim them in smaller and smallest denominations from the location closest to where I need the road built. However, roads connected to chiral network (the ramifications of which completely escaped had you not mentioned point 2) come with numbers which result in wastage regardless of applying the smallest denominations.

- Always build when you're connected to the chiral network. Always. If you see a paver that has 0 materials contributed - check if you're on the network. If not, go with the main story until you have connected that area. It's horribly inefficient and time consuming to build a paver from 0.

Yea, I this I did not know and so fuck me... I made the road leading to Mountain knot from Craftsman pretty much beyond the chiral nework. I did the same shit with joining parts that led to the south knot. God I am dumbass.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see a lot of people spend a lot of time in Episode 3, is it a big deal if you accidentally push on to Episode 4? On a related note, I've come across pavers in the world but so far havent managed to unlock them or get a mission to unlock them. Does this pop up at some point in Ep4 or is it later still?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I originally said I'll make a beeline for the story but roads are such a convenience that I can't help but stop and build them along the way

I love rooooooaaaaaaddddssss~

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
I see a lot of people spend a lot of time in Episode 3, is it a big deal if you accidentally push on to Episode 4? On a related note, I've come across pavers in the world but so far havent managed to unlock them or get a mission to unlock them. Does this pop up at some point in Ep4 or is it later still?

pavers are in set locations, they aren't structures you place and build like towers/generators/post boxes/etc

just go up to one and it'll tell you what materials are needed to make the road

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017

you should actually get out of Episode 3 as fast as possible - the game becomes much more accessible after it.

Oct 27, 2017
I've finally got the whole eastern part of the map completely connected by zip lines. It's so addicting and satisfying setting up a network where you never have to touch the ground across ridiculous distances. For those wondering you absolutely can zipline around the forest to avoid BT's in the wind farm area—one zipline at the upper most right entrance of the forest when you come to the top of the hill, one immediately to the left and as high as you can get next to the windfarm station when you leave it and then one connecting the two high up on the mountains ahead of where the previous one was placed.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Wow I'm only 89 hours in lol!

It will definitely take at least another 30 to platinum. Can't wait.

Frag Waffles

Apr 7, 2018
Rolled credits this weekend. I really loved this game, probably top 10 of this gen. It was such a fresh take on open world. I loved the atmospheric world, delivering cargo in various ways and watching the gameplay evolve over time introducing many layers.

The story was a bit corny at parts but overall it was entertaining. Lots of memorable characters.

The downsides were the combat which was imprecise and unresponsive. Fighting BT bosses in the tar was just not particularly engaging. Luckily it is not a combat heavy game.

The worst aspect of the game was the myriad of small ways the game managed to take control away from me. Cutscene getting into vehicle, cutscne getting out, cutscene when dropping off cargo, cutscene when recycling, cutscene with NPC repeated lines thanking you, car stops when approaching BTS, cutscene when scanner activates. Surely someone playtested this and was like "hey people will be putting hundreds of hours into this....maybe we should tighten up this gameplay flow a bit.

Regardless of any downfalls, it's excellent - 9/10

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, placing and upgrading a zipline in the middle of a BT zone while
you don't have Lou
is quite an adventure.

At first I was pissed that there were a lot of not that optimaly placed ziplines from other players, but now I'm using some for my network since it saves so much bandwitch.

117h, and still at chapter 6, I guess I'll not goes crazy like my 500h with MGSV but I'll probably hit 200h.

Last edited:

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else experience instances where Sam won't shoot or throw a grenade? What's up with that?

Did I miss a gameplay explanation? At first I thought I had messed up, but here I was pressing L2 while Sam wouldn't ready the weapon to attack.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Anyone else experience instances where Sam won't shoot or throw a grenade? What's up with that?

Did I miss a gameplay explanation? At first I thought I had messed up, but here I was pressing L2 while Sam wouldn't ready the weapon to attack.
Did you accidentally pick up a piece of cargo with your hand while pressing L2? That might be why. In the middle of combat sometimes that happens and it'll just be him holding the cargo instead of the readied weapon.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017

Check out this setting in the control-options, set it to 1 or 2:

dssssstw3j0q.jpg

Last edited:

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Using a paver is the very first thing you do in ep3 if I remember correctly. You can't build them, they are already placed along the spots where roads will be built. You just take materials to them to build the road

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Did you accidentally pick up a piece of cargo with your hand while pressing L2? That might be why. In the middle of combat sometimes that happens and it'll just be him holding the cargo instead of the readied weapon.
Check out this setting in the control-options, set it to 1 or 2:

dssssstw3j0q.jpg

Holy cow, that might be it. It happened against a catcher and again in EP.4/EP.7. I also happened to have a very chunky backpack at the time.

Many thanks! :D

May 18, 2018

Been playing without the HUD since almost the beginning (occasionally pit back on to check things).

In Chapter 3 @ 70 hours in. Started the game in Online Mode but became a bit irritated early in when started Chapter 3 when some Online Signs & Equipment seemed to spoil the 'discovery' aspect so I switched to Offline.

I then went back to Eastern area and removed everyone's online stuff as well as from Central Area. I'm now ready to start some Road Building in Chapter 3.

The whole going back and doing this was great because I found areas I'd not really explored.

I will put Online back on eventually but later in the game. I wish I knew the best time to do this as in enough working hard on my own/self discovery and then 'needing' the help from the rest of the world!

I wish there was a button toggle for HUD, or at least have markers show when you're in compass mode, because the game is so pretty without HUD but I also need it to know which direction to go, lol.

Agreed. I wish I could fully customize the HUD more and even have the option to quickly flick the HUD on/off by swiping the Touch Pad (like in Witcher 3?).

I don't want things popping up via using the Compass because I use that a lot to take photos.

you should actually get out of Episode 3 as fast as possible - the game becomes much more accessible after it.

I find the game accessible already. Will I miss out if I don't spend enough time in Chapter 3? - I'm currently going to build some Roads to make Autobot delivery be viable as well as making delivery of many other packages much more efficient. I feel building the Roads now is perfect because I've really spent a lot of time traversing on foot.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I don't see anything in the menus that allow me to feed materials to auto pavers after I walk near one and press options to open the structure menu.

I must be missing something super obvious? All the walkthroughs say there is a rebuild option...ami blind?

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
WOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOW.

lBUKtp0.gif

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017

yeah that's why if you are on a road over a ping, you evade it too.

Also, ping back to evade it. Timing is everything

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Holy shit why the movie director only level up by providing him with lost cargo.
What the fuck, there's not a single mission to deliver him something except the one you do in the plot.
I miss that one and Mountain Knot to complete this area, after that I need to level up all the "tutorial" area, which I still need to cover with ziplines.
Do you know usually how long does that take? Plus 25 missing memory chips.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I've put a few hours into this now (past all the cutscenes and stuff at start) and there is something strangely addictive about doing the menial tasks.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I'd love to post all the gifs I've done, but most of them rule into spoiler territory now. :D

Let me know if you'd like to see more.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
Question: Are there any missions I can do on Legend of Legends to increase the amount of misc category deliveries I have for LoL that don't involve BTs or Mules?

I'm all for a challenging delivery, but will avoid those encounters on Hard if I can.

Bonus Question: How do I keep chilled deliveries cold when the delivery originates from a hotter part of the map?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are the paths through grass and such pre-determined or are they "worn" by people using them?

Using a paver is the very first thing you do in ep3 if I remember correctly. You can't build them, they are already placed along the spots where roads will be built. You just take materials to them to build the road

Oh right I thought you built them. I never got a mission for it, it seems if you interacted with one you dont get it.

Nelson

Oct 1, 2019
California
I don't see anything in the menus that allow me to feed materials to auto pavers after I walk near one and press options to open the structure menu.

Do you have the right materials? The option only shows up if you have Metal, Ceramics, or Chiral Crystals to feed to the auto-paver and it needs those things. They can be in your vehicle too, but it has to be parked very close (almost on top of the auto-paver). Walk to the central column, hold down option, and the building options should be there.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Did anyone else not really fight any BT's? Everytime I got dragged down I grabbed my cargo and ran.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyway to "farm" resources like Metals and Ceramics? Im in Chapter 5 now and I still havent found a way to reliably collect resources, other than just finding them out in the world. Like are there ways to get more other than that?

Did anyone else not really fight any BT's? Everytime I got dragged down I grabbed my cargo and ran.
I shot one with the Anti BT gun when I first got it and I noped out when I saw it make a mad dash towards me lol. Thought it would be like the hermatic gernades and just instantly kill them, but I guess it takes a few shots or something. I have just stopped messing with them altogether lol. If I can ill leave and just use a shelter. If that doesnt work, ill just try and make my way around them. Worst part of the game imo. Just wish they wouldnt happen so often, or were more interesting than just a slow walk around.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

No, not really a big deal. You'll be spending a lot of time in Central Region so don't stress about feeling like you advanced the story too early. You'll have ample opportunity to do whatever you want/need to do throughout the game.

Is there anyway to "farm" resources like Metals and Ceramics? Im in Chapter 5 now and I still havent found a way to reliably collect resources, other than just finding them out in the world. Like are there ways to get more other than that?

I shot one with the Anti BT gun when I first got it and I noped out when I saw it make a mad dash towards me lol. Thought it would be like the hermatic gernades and just instantly kill them, but I guess it takes a few shots or something. I have just stopped messing with them altogether lol. If I can ill leave and just use a shelter. If that doesnt work, ill just try and make my way around them. Worst part of the game imo. Just wish they wouldnt happen so often, or were more interesting than just a slow walk around.

Many materials can be farmed by clearing out MULE camps. Ceramic and Special Alloys are definitely available in this way; I think Metals probably are too but haven't found a specific camp for it yet, mostly because metals are quite abundant from distro centers and preppers, so I haven't really felt a need to seek them out.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, as a random aside, I hit a particularly nasty BT infestation for a story mission. The particulars aren't important, but:

Something weird I found was that Hematic Grenades weren't working particularly well, and I can't figure out if I ran into a bug or if that's just how things get later in the game? I tossed a bunch of the level 2 grenades at one, fully filled to 100ml, and while that BT was completely covered in blood it didn't seem to disappear or float away like they normally do when you kill one. I didn't try clipping that one's umbilical cord but I ended up having to clip a bunch of others in my way because I didn't trust the grenades to do the job anymore.

FWIW I used a bunch of custom hematics earlier in the encounter and those worked fine.

So yeah, still not sure if that was a bug or not.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Why and how is building roads so insanely addictive...

I keep booting up a session to do more main missions and end up paving fucking roads for an hour.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017

I assume you know how to claim materials from a facility? If so the easiest way is to just do deliveries. The terminals will naturally build up more resources as you deliver more to them. For instance, Lake Knot often gives this delivery that has you go over near the port where Fragile's boat was and collect a shit ton of ceramics. Deliver them and now Lake Knot will have a lot of ceramics for you to claim in the menu. Claim the materials often so they don't max out.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
WOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOW.

lBUKtp0.gif
Most frustrating point in the entire game for me. I was walking with my cargo at 2% container left and just rushing towards a shelter that was built right before Captial Knot City. Well, guess what, this happens and it despawns all player structures. You go through this long-ass sequence and I come out with 95% damage done to the cargo. Soooo not worth it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
No, not really a big deal. You'll be spending a lot of time in Central Region so don't stress about feeling like you advanced the story too early. You'll have ample opportunity to do whatever you want/need to do throughout the game.

Many materials can be farmed by clearing out MULE camps. Ceramic and Special Alloys are definitely available in this way; I think Metals probably are too but haven't found a specific camp for it yet, mostly because metals are quite abundant from distro centers and preppers, so I haven't really felt a need to seek them out.
How do you clear out a MULE camp? Just roll in and bola/kick everyone? Or do you just mean looting all the mats in their postboxes?

I assume you know how to claim materials from a facility? If so the easiest way is to just do deliveries. The terminals will naturally build up more resources as you deliver more to them. For instance, Lake Knot often gives this delivery that has you go over near the port where Fragile's boat was and collect a shit ton of ceramics. Deliver them and now Lake Knot will have a lot of ceramics for you to claim in the menu. Claim the materials often so they don't max out.
Ok, yea ive done that one a few times. Im trying to build the roads over by MAMA's place in Chapter 5. The facility im at is still pretty new, so im low on a lot of stuff to claim, I cant even build PCCs atm there lol. But ive been looting this old city ruins for mats, it just takes quite a bit of time. So I was curious if there were more efficient options.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I wish more people would build these roads with me lol. Feels like after that first section was completed back in Chapter 3, everyone has given up on them in my game. Everyone im connected to has probably already moved on by now lol.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
How do you clear out a MULE camp? Just roll in and bola/kick everyone? Or do you just mean looting all the mats in their postboxes?

Bola/kick everyone! You'll know the area is clear once the dramatic "kicking MULEs in the face" music stops and the message "Porters can now temporarily travel through this area" or something similar pops up on the screen. At that point, you can just drive up a truck and load it up with all the supplies you can loot at your leisure. The area will then be free of MULEs for a period of time afterwards.

You CAN also sneak in and grab mats from the postboxes/tents, if you don't want to confront anyone. You don't get anything extra from knocking out all the MULEs, besides whatever equipment/materials they have attached to them. But I highly recommend just knocking everyone out anyways, because it's honestly less stressful all around. Plus it'll be more obvious when you can swing by the camp again to kick more MULEs and raid their stuff.