• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
It definitely feels like a lot of stuff, but when you get two orders at a time, plus some random player-dropped thing, everything is stacked to high heaven. My sense of efficiency (encouraged by the tedium I've felt) is playing into taking as much as possible in one go.

One thing I feel like is missing in gameplay compared to MGS is a really easy-to-use, clear radar system for identifying threats and threat levels. A couple missions ago I died because I got too close to a BT. The whole BT interaction feels nebulous to me. How close can I be? Who knows! It's not like MGS where you saw their range of vision. So it takes what should be a compelling stealth experience and makes it frustrating.

I feel the same way about the MULEs... last night I was carrying a ton of cargos, I heard the MULE music and suddenly there were several on me, quickly beating me to a pulp. Maybe I need to be more proactive about avoiding the sensor spikes? It just didn't feel like I am given many tools to solve these tactical situations, and it seemed like the only way to know they were there was by manually looking around. I have fought them off before when I could use terrain, but here I was on open ground and the only thing I could do was trudge over to their compound and get my stuff back.

One of the big differences compared to MGSV is that instant fail states are far more rare. In the case of BTs, being spotted isn't instant death. You have an opportunity to escape, if you fail that and get pulled to the big BT you have yet another opportunity to escape, and even if you fail that and die it's probably not game-over because you can repatriate.

In the case of Mules, getting caught is merely an inconvenience. They won't kill you. They just put your gear somewhere close buy and put your cargo in a Postbox in their territory.

The other key thing with Mules is they only want your cargo. So you have various ways of dealing with them because of that- you leave all of your cargo in a Postbox which allows you to traverse their territory without getting tagged in a scan, you can high tail it through the area even if you get pinged, you can use decoy cargoes, etc.

And Mules are relatively easy to beat in combat in the early game. It's very easy to parry and tie them up with your strand. They also will go down fairly easy with a few punches and then you can pick up their cargo and hit them with it (or throw it at them). Once you clear the mule camp it won't respawn for a while and you can steal everything that have.

Jan 29, 2018
Argh I accidentally in the Private Room
chose to replay one of the Ww2 missions by looking at the figurines. Is there any way to get out of it without loading a save or playing through the whole thing? ? My last save is further back than I would like.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
chose to replay one of the Ww2 missions by looking at the figurines. Is there any way to get out of it without loading a save or playing through the whole thing? ? My last save is further back than I would like.

I'm not sure how it's possible that your last save is that old? It should have autosaved when you accessed the terminal to get into the private room, right? Even if you messed with your items/orders a lot first or something, that can't be that far back (though I know that pain from having to reload some orders I should have saved at the start of...).

For the replaying sections bit specifically, I never went into that stuff so I'm not sure if there's a way to quickly quit, sorry.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Change the difficulty to easy and it will be over very quickly.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
It just didn't feel like I am given many tools to solve these tactical situations, and it seemed like the only way to know they were there was by manually looking around.
Because that's the case. New tools will be available after completing few more story missions and it will greatly improve how you can solve these tactical situations. Yes, technically you can deal with them with bare hand and/or with your strand, but you'll have way more way to deal with them later.
This game is made so you can feel that alone with pretty much no equipment you can't be effective. You have to reach to other people (NPC mostly) so they provide you some way to deal with what the world is throwing at you. They use frustration to make you feel bettter when you have these tools, but it can be a deterent to player spending too much time in this frustration zone.

For BTs, if you don't move and scan, you'll see them. You can't see them if you scan while moving. When you are in a BT infested area, the scanner will point to the closest BT to you. The quicker it's spining the closer the BT is. If it's turning yellow/orange you are very close of a BT and you need to hold your breath so they don't hear you.

Last edited:

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I literally just plow through most levels with little to no regard of the terrain lol.

On to chapter 8. Taking the rest of the day off. This is one of the most relaxing games I've played in recent memory.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
...I just urge everyone who is going for the platinum to at least max out all your connections before fast traveling for memory chips. It would be such a huge bummer to lose all that progress from making a solid zipline network if you still needed to max out connections. Assuming you built a solid zipline network prior to completing the game which is essential in my opinion...

Definitely a good suggestion. Also, a reminder about the benefits of increasing your connection level (i.e., the number of stars displayed at each Distribution Center/Knot City/Prepper location), once you're comfortably into Episode 3:

Finished the game last week without doing a single pizza delivery. Decided to level up a few missed spots like pizza boy and the chiral artist. Wish I had I own she gives you chiral boots. Would have come in handy in those snowy mountains.

It's amazing how much stuff you can miss if you didn't level up everyone.
Yup, I'm running into the same thing. Chiral boots, bigger grenade pouches, level 2 timefall backpack covers--man, I missed out for so long!

Also, Matt Espineli at Gamespot has written some helpful stuff, if you're having a rough time in the early episodes:
Inventory Management 101: "...A crucial part of Death Stranding is managing and expanding your inventory. Depending on how you choose to organize your backpack and other inventory slots, Sam's poise, posture, and speed will be affected. You can eventually acquire exoskeletons to boost the overall carry limit, but it's essential to understand the basics in the beginning. First, you need to ensure that you're keeping track of what's on your body at all times. While exploring, it can be easy to pick up stray cargo, and before you know it, you'll find that Sam's stamina is reduced and his ability to balance negatively impacted. There's a consequence for every item added to your inventory if you're not careful. Even if you're far under the carry limit, you can still notice an impact on your movement speed and balance with enough things stacked on you... Auto-Arrange Cargo also doesn't take into consideration what's most efficient when it comes to what to equip onto your tool rack. For example, if you have a Bola Gun--which takes up two small cases worth of space in your bag--Auto-Arrange will often place it on your back instead of your tool rack. A simple reorganization will fix this, but it's something to consider whenever you're dealing with tons of large, heavy cargo and are looking to save on space..."

MULE Guide: "...Despite your best efforts to be sneaky, you're likely to encounter trouble from the MULEs' scanning pylons, which periodically trigger as you travel through their territory. When a scan initiates, any marked cargo on Sam will get pinged, alerting MULEs to the location it was last picked up. If this happens, immediately try to find cover as far away from where you were pinged as possible. With some luck and persistence, you'll avoid their incoming patrols. It's worth noting that in Episode 3, you'll get an ability that allows your Odradek's scanning ability to negate MULE scans... If you're not carrying any cargo (tools or deliverables), know that MULEs will mostly ignore you as long as you stay away from their main camp area... Early on, the best strategy is to run for dear life. When you do, try not to sprint in a straight line, as they're quick to throw their shock spears ahead of you, which upon contact can knock cargo from your backpack and temporarily halt your movement for a short time..."

Don't Miss This Useful Upgrade: "...But have you ever found yourself wondering why Sam's backpack in Death Stranding is always open, exposing your precious cargo to the wild and unpredictable Timefall elements of the world? But what if we told you that it's possible to unlock a cover that fits around your backpack--something to keep all of those high priority deliveries safe? Well, it's just for the cargo directly inside the confines of your backpack and not placed above it, but still, the backpack cover upgrade is an invaluable tool that's especially useful during late game deliveries when you're up against intense weather conditions... The backpack cover becomes available to get once you start doing deliveries at the Distribution Center South of Lake Knot City during Episode 3..."

inspectah

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
On my way to mountain knot and I don't know if I should build a lvl 1 zipline network now or wait for the better ziplines.
My road network east of the mountains is complete.

I also don't know if I should focus more on 5 staring questgivers.
I'm afraid to burn out quick.
Currently I concentrate on road building and Sam's orders and do standard orders when they are on my route.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
There aren't better ziplines are there? Just the default ones that you can upgrade like normal.

Correct. They can be upgraded like usual. Level 2 gives you 50 more meters of distance. When you start though you don't have a lot of chemicals. Guessing who you quoted wants to wait until they can upgrade them all to maximize the distance related to placement.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
On my way to mountain knot and I don't know if I should build a lvl 1 zipline network now or wait for the better ziplines.

Currently I concentrate on road building and Sam's orders and do standard orders when they are on my route.

What you're doing is probably the best strategy, 5 starring everyone as you go is difficult, it's best to have unlocked as many destinations to deliver to as possible.

Focus on unlocking areas and story, more people you unlock to deliver to the easier it is to 5 star them. Some deliveries that cover larger distances offer more likes, which help you get to 5 stars quicker.

Oct 27, 2017

What you're doing is probably the best strategy, 5 starring everyone as you go is difficult, it's best to have unlocked as many destinations to deliver to as possible.

Focus on unlocking areas and story, more people you unlock to deliver to the easier it is to 5 star them. Some deliveries that cover larger distances offer more likes, which help you get to 5 stars quicker.
Yeah, what Mr Delabee said is definitely good advice, and I think my last post was probably misleading.

In various cases, it's enough to level up locations to 2, or 3, or 4 stars, to unlock at least some good stuff. So you might get the level 1 version of an exoskeleton at 2 stars, and the level 2 version at 3 stars, but the level 1 version is still plenty helpful, and thus you probably shouldn't feel like you're missing out too much if you don't max out all the way.

Maybe other folks could chime in about the best locations to focus on, but IMO the Engineer, Craftsman, Junk Dealer, Cosplayer, Collector, Roboticist all have particularly fun and/or helpful stuff. And even then you shouldn't feel the need to max out all the way, unless you feel like you would enjoy doing so.

From a web search just now it looks like IGN has a comprehensive list (actually a table, near the bottom of the page) of what each location has to offer (at each connection/star level), if you feel like you'd want to take a look and focus just on earning the equipment/tools/upgrades that look the most useful or fun.

On a separate note, while searching for that list I came across this guide, which looks like it has a number of good tips: DEATH STRANDING: 40 TIPS I WISH I KNEW BEFORE STARTING

EDIT: Forgot to add, in relation to what Mr Delabee said above (unlocking as many locations as possible), there's something that folks sometimes miss that can help, to that end:

...Currently somehow realized for the first time that you can view the map by chiral network borders by clicking R3, which I totally forgot about, and now I'm obsessed with connecting two obvious 'holes' in my map. That's for tonight.
Lmao this is the first I heard of this and I finished the game. Will have to go back and look how much I covered
If there's a 'hole' in your map, that means there's someone there that you'll want to add to the network.

Last edited:

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Is there any way to tell how many 5 stars you have? I'm getting close to all 5-stars but some of them are tricky because if they're at like 4 and 7/8th of a star, then on the map or in the emails they looks like 5 stars so I can't tell which ones are left for the last few :(

Worst case scenario I'd just need to do a run to every station to make sure they're really at 5 stars.

I finished the game last night and loved it outside some nitpicks, was around 70 hours after 300ish deliveries. I just really wish there was a way to look at the orders for a station on the map and also be able to see where the orders that go to a specific station start (aka this station as a destination). Would help in addition to the stars visibility thing above.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is there any way to tell how many 5 stars you have? I'm getting close to all 5-stars but some of them are tricky because if they're at like 4 and 7/8th of a star, then on the map or in the emails they looks like 5 stars so I can't tell which ones are left for the last few :(

Yeah you can check stars.
When your either in a safe house via the monitor OR start menu when roaming, goto bridge links, hit X on your own name, then R1 to Social (NPC's) there it will list every NPC and show you their star ratings.

There should be
NPC's in total that you need to get 5 star ratings on.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Bought this when it went on sale on PSN and I went in with no expectations as I'm not really into the MGS series. Has the game delivered and then some. The game can be really chill one moment and the next it can be really tense. Love the little moments as well.

I'm about 20 hours in and what I'm guessing nearing the end of episode 3. Not sure if I'll finish it before the end of the GotY voting, but at this rate it looks to end up in my top 4 possibly higher.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
When your either in a safe house via the monitor OR start menu when roaming, goto bridge links, hit X on your own name, then R1 to Social (NPC's) there it will list every NPC and show you their star ratings.

There should be

You can do this and it's the easiest of the screens to judge by, but it still has the same problem of not clearly indicating an individual person actually has 5*.

There were a few where I had to go right up in front of my TV just to be able to tell someone's was sliiiiightly not full.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

My advice: do whatever you feel like, only for as long as you feel like doing it. So if you want to do side deliveries, feel free, but don't worry too much about having to 5-star everything or whatever.

Regarding ziplines, don't wait. Build stuff now. Two reasons: one, you almost certainly don't know the best places to build ziplines anyways, partially because you don't have much experience yet and partially because it's somewhat dependent on the ziplines other players have built that have migrated into your world. Two, because replacing ziplines you built in bad spots is part for the course. If I had to count, I probably replaced or removed 20 to 30 ziplines by the end of the game. PCCs are relatively cheap so the cost of putting a zipline in the wrong place is pretty low.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
If it helps, I also built tons immediately and didn't have to replace nearly that many either. Maybe because I'm a zipline placing genius I lucked out better with online ones and such, but there's no reason not to go hard on them from the start.

You can also build with the level 2s in mind pretty easily since often you won't be upgrading more than a few of them- you only need to do it for every other zipline to begin with (since the extra 50 feet applies to connecting to it in either direction), and it's not that common that there's 350 unbroken feet anyway. It's not that costly either.

...though my resources didn't go to much else. I think my final stats were only a few of most structures, and 66 ziplines.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Rolling credits @ 94 hours.

What a fucking ride. Going to try to five star the rest of the NPCs.

One of my favorite games in the past few years.

The last few chapters are especially amazing.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Also found the game pretty easy on Normal. BTs never gave me trouble, Mules are weak (I would literally take on five at a time easily).

The only trouble was the bigger BT battles with the tar.

I only revived twice in 94 hours lol

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Completed the game yesterday at about 50 hours. It was quite a ride. I'm happy I took my time with the title over Christmas, this is a game that should be played in multiple long sessions closely after each other.

When I entered the game, I was afraid that I would hate the gameplay while enjoying the story/world/lore. Surprisingly, both dimensions were more of a mixed bag for me in the end. It was always fun to plan your route between A and B well. Many dangerous threats were waiting all the time. New tools were made available to the player to make traversal easier. The passive multiplayer is genius and I wish more games explored the possibilities of these systems that I already enjoyed in Souls titles. This is also one of the few games where the open world really adds to the experience. And man, Death Stranding's world is beautiful! Overall, navigating through this world reminded me of my time in Breath of the Wild - in a different, yet rewarding way. I also felt the (few) NPCs you encounter are all interesting, the game really shines in portraying their individual fates.

However, the overall story and lore didn't convince me. It was all a bit too much of Kojima mindfuck and not grounded in science but... I don't know... esoterics? I also never found the general motive of 'reconnecting fractured societies' to be explored deeply philosophically. NieR: Automata grabbed my on a whole different level for its story and lore. Amelie's character herself also was my least favorite character by far and, despite a lot of screen time, I don't think her
motives and very existence
were very well told. As stated, most of the other NPC were much more captivating to me. Also, I did forsee most of the plot twists. The fights were also not really that well designed. Anything with gunplay
specifically the Cliff battlefield sections
felt really bad, and the BT fights at some point also overstated their welcome while never being mechanically satisfying.

This might sound overly negative, but in fact, I'm glad I had this one in a time game experience. It's still my favorite title of 2019.

I'd love to complete the UCA network and build more roads and ziplines, but building infrastructure that is going to deteriorate doesn't sound like so much fun. It's so much effort for the greater good and then it ends up... for nothing? Though I think my structures would hopefully at least benefit other players constantly even if vanishing from my world, right? Not sure about this here. I did build quite a lot during the main campaign. I think I might also prefer an optionally BT-less traversal in postgame.

Last edited:

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Where is the game winding up on everyone's GOTY ballots? It's been interesting to see how many big publications completely shut it out (Giant Bomb, most infamously)

Oct 27, 2017
...This might sound overly negative, but in fact, I'm glad I had this one in a time game experience. It's still my favorite title of 2019...
Thanks for your impressions.
In case you haven't seen it yet, I'll mention that I thought Tom van der Linden's 'artfully' selective presentation of key plot elements, imagery, and themes from the game (including Amelie's existence and motivations) was in many ways more elegant/resonant/compelling than the presentation we find in the game itself (someone like Tom would have been a very helpful co-writer/editor for KojiPro). In particular, I liked his 'Epilogue' ('Survival Entity') commentary on the ending, which starts at 53m44s in his hour-long video essay.

With regard to infrastructure deterioration in general, perhaps others can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that each time one of your structures spawns into another player's gameworld, it will start at 100% integrity, and passage of time/deterioration thereafter will be locally determined: time/deterioration within their gameworld will stop completely whenever that player decides to quit their game, will start up again once they start playing again, and will accelerate if they decide to use fast travel or rest in private shelters. But you can interrupt that process and help them out, by contributing materials for upgrades, which are shared between gameworlds: whenever you upgrade a structure from level 1 to 2, or 2 to 3, that structure's condition will go back up to 100% (in both your gameworld and theirs) after the upgrade.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
This game is such a blast. My god.

Who knew a game all about fetch quests could be this amazing fun? Kojima nailed it.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018

There should be

Thanks! Can't believe it took me 70 hours to find my stats page. Really impressed by all the stats. Some helpful ones for sure in obtaining trophies/completion. Nice big view of stars too so can tell who is still at a sliver before five stars.

Oct 27, 2017
Where is the game winding up on everyone's GOTY ballots? It's been interesting to see how many big publications completely shut it out (Giant Bomb, most infamously)
Probably top 3 easily. I really really enjoyed the core gameplay loop. i like how the game constantly rewards you for getting higher ratings with each person and i liked how involved and invested the multiplayer element makes you feel in a world that's ultimately barren.

The biggest knock for me is how it handles the narrative, not the narrative itself per say. Everything is way too heavy handed down to the naming conventions and i really really didn't like the heavy exposition dumps in the later chapters

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
Small question: why exactly do dead bodies cause voidouts? I know that after 24-40 hours once necrosis sets in, a BT emerges at the site of the dead body. And voidouts are caused by BTs (made of antimatter) consuming humans (made of matter).

Does that mean dead bodies technically only cause voidouts if there's a human nearby to be consumed and if the newly formed BT successfully gets him? E.g. if someone dies in bumblefuck and there's nobody around to see it they won't explode?

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Just clocked 30 hours.
I feel the game is amazing when walking is my only option.
Once the roads are rebuilt in each area, it becomes repetitive very quickly.
And the gunplay is MGS4 tier garbage. I avoid any encounter with BTs and Mules but that WWI flashblack, oh boy.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Small question: why exactly do dead bodies cause voidouts?

I'll tag just in case, it's just file stuff and not really story stuff though.
You're basically right? Specifically it's the big ones (Catchers) eating humans that causes the voidout. But the regular BTs make them show up once they catch you.

I think someone dying in the middle of nowhere wouldn't lead to a voidout - though the next person wandering through probably would - but I'm also not sure if it's clear about BTs moving around and where the Catchers come from, and so on.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018

I beat ~76 games in 2019 including a lot of the big hitters. Great year for games, but Death Stranding took my #1. I just haven't played such an epic AAA single player adventure campaign in years. Thought the gameplay was a ton of fun to the point after I beat it I jumped back in and have been finishing up 100%-ing it. But I also see how a lot of people didn't feel the same since I got essentially the "unlock all towers in an open-world game" trophy and the trophy % was 3.1% acquisition.

I'd say the campaign is one of the best in the last decade, it's excellent paced, very well designed levels/missions with great progression in gear & character power, has very little backtracking, the cutscene/gameplay ratio is just right and the cutscene length just right outside the ending which falls into MGS4 length trappings, incredible art direction, graphics, sound design (5.1 in this game is insane), VA, motion capture, animation, character models, music. The passive online is amazing and an evolution of the souls formula. The survival/crafting elements are really fun as someone who doesn't like survival or crafting games. Story is OK and entertaining, but it's a game about the journey and the world building is fantastic with lots of great characters and writing through emails.

That said, the non-campaign stuff which is essentially an ubi-game is a lot less good. It's still solid, but if the campaign is a 9.5/10, the side stuff is like a 7.5 or 8/10. It's fun but kinda grindy and repetitive. I've been recommending to my friends to play the game and just do the main journey and not bother with standard orders unless they're on the way to the next story bit and you can handle the cargo. I enjoyed maxing connections as a completionist, but it also turned a 30-40 hour tightly designed campaign adventure into a 70-80 hour one with some huge detours when I was wrapping up side stuff before finishing the last couple chapters.

Last edited:

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Since Mule camps respawn on the assumption everyone is waking up after a bit, if you go to a mule camp and use a lethal weapon and murder them all and bring a truck and dump all the bodies in and take them to a BT zone or incinerator, does the mule camp never respawn? Since the game tends to follow consistent game logic, I'd guess that should work and you could theoretically kill all the mules and make the world mule free when traveling around if you wanted?

Goney

Oct 25, 2017
Minor spoilers, but is it ever established how
levels of DOOMs are accumulated? We know that Sam, Fragile, and Higgs all have DOOMs, but at differing levels. Unless I missed something, how these levels are attained is never explained. The only thing I could find in research was that Sam was the first person to have DOOMs.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Minor spoilers, but is it ever established how
levels of DOOMs are accumulated? We know that Sam, Fragile, and Higgs all have DOOMs, but at differing levels. Unless I missed something, how these levels are attained is never explained. The only thing I could find in research was that Sam was the first person to have DOOMs.

I don't know that anything ever lays out what the levels mean; if there is material for this, it's probably just in the interviews you collect throughout the game. But:

I believe Amelie says that all the people with DOOMS are actually people she's been sending her apocalyptic visions to, so your level of DOOMS affliction is likely just related to how much connection she had with you. Higgs had an especially high level of DOOMS because Amelie decided to use him as her agent and granted him power accordingly.

One thing this doesn't really explain is why Sam, who Amelie had a very close relationship with, doesn't have a particularly high DOOMS level.

phazedplasma

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reviews put me off this game and i told myself id wait for PC.

Then my gf bought it for me for Christmas and im dicking around in chapter 3 and having a blast. This is really good so far!

Oct 27, 2017
...But you can interrupt that process and help [other players] out, by contributing materials for upgrades, which are shared between gameworlds: whenever you upgrade a structure from level 1 to 2, or 2 to 3, that structure's condition will go back up to 100% (in both your gameworld and theirs) after the upgrade.
One thing I'm not too sure about though, in relation to the above: upgrading the ziplines in your existing network would definitely be helpful to other players (upgrading the ones that have a lot of likes would probably be particularly helpful), but if you built those ziplines a long time ago (maybe close to launch), wouldn't many of the players who once used these 'old' ziplines have stopped playing by now? In which case, building new structures (if you have the bandwidth) might be the way to go, if your goal is to be helpful to other players in the post-game.

Not sure exactly how the system works, just assuming that newly built structures are more likely than old ones to spawn into the gameworlds of those who are currently/actively playing (it's probably more complicated than that though).

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
At what point does the game funnel you to end game?

... The mission Deadman and BB got sucked into World War II and now Heartman wants me to dispose of Mama's body. Die-Hardman just sent me the goal of going to the last place or whatever (or so it seems).

I'm enjoying building up all of my zip-line networks and highways, so I kind of want to make sure there isn't a point of no return I'll hit before I'm ready.

Oct 27, 2017
At what point does the game funnel you to end game?

... The mission Deadman and BB got sucked into World War II and now Heartman wants me to dispose of Mama's body. Die-Hardman just sent me the goal of going to the last place or whatever (or so it seems).

I'm enjoying building up all of my zip-line networks and highways, so I kind of want to make sure there isn't a point of no return I'll hit before I'm ready.
You can continue to do zipline networks and highways as usual within Episode 8, and to a large extent even later, within Episode 10 specifically, but it's not quite the same. Probably shouldn't say too much though, so the safe answer is that you have to either finish up everything within Episode 8, or save it for the post-game. So I think you're not quite at the funneling point, but getting very close.

There were some other takes on this question earlier in the thread, where several folks recommend waiting until post-game, but as long as you're enjoying it, makes sense to focus on the infrastructure stuff in Episode 8.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Spent yesterday working towards the Platinum post-game, getting the 20 Legend of Legend deliveries in each category done, as well as getting Delivery Time stat to level 60. Both were a chore. I really wish I would have started the game on Hard, because it left me with lot to re-do going for the Platinum, and enemies aren't that much more difficult to deal with.

Now I just have to clean up the memory chips. Have about half to go.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Just popping in to say that I just finished the game and this game is an absolute masterpiece and I am so thankful that it exists. It is an astonishing accomplishment on a technical and artistic level.

I am not sure we will ever see anything like it. I am surprised it ever got made.

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
Since Mule camps respawn on the assumption everyone is waking up after a bit, if you go to a mule camp and use a lethal weapon and murder them all and bring a truck and dump all the bodies in and take them to a BT zone or incinerator, does the mule camp never respawn? Since the game tends to follow consistent game logic, I'd guess that should work and you could theoretically kill all the mules and make the world mule free when traveling around if you wanted?

I once accidentally went through a mule camp with the wrong ammo selected and killed a few truckloads of people to be incenerated. They all respawned later though, but it was quite the sequence of suspense disposing of all those bodies