• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love making it to a new destination and then turning back around and going back to the one before, picking up all the lost cargo between and making sure those parcels get to their rightful home.

d161c0e6-e928-4bbf-8tvkg1.jpeg
hey you're in this thread too how's it hanging

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
One thing I wish was in the game was something to show us that our deliveries to the cities are having some effect. Even if it was just some metrics about city happiness levels/defenses/luxuries/supple levels that go up when we make deliveries would have been a great addition imo

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Has there been any analysis of the HDR, struggling to land on settings that I like. The brightness in game thing (make picture on left invisible) seems too dark.
I have to set that on 1, the darkest setting, for the left picture to be barely visible and I've left hdr luminosity at default. Looks good to me. Any brighter and it looks washed out. I'm on a KS8000.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Thread is moving fast and was at work since 5am.

Has anyone posted what the differences are between Normal and Hard. A friend said Normal was way too easy, but have not heard how hard is or what the differences are? Thank You!

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Man I may be playing the game wrong but every lost container I find I just dumb at the nearest outpost 😂

I'm an important man with a quest from the president to save America I don't got time to deliver your monster drinks

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Free BB avatars for everyone! NA code though. Not sure if EU playstation tweeted out a similar code or not.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Lost all my cargo while trying to cross a river, completely forgot about deploying a ladder. Was very tense just trying to get back the rare metals, lol.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Thread is moving fast and was at work since 5am.

Has anyone posted what the differences are between Normal and Hard. A friend said Normal was way too easy, but have not heard how hard is or what the differences are? Thank You!
I started out on hard and after about 10 hours playing I have seen one Game over screen and that was because I destroyed a package. Hard in this game is something between easy and normal in other games. Maybe your cargo gets damaged easier in Hard, I don't know.

Oct 27, 2017
This game throws a lot of information to you at all times, and it's taking me a while to understand what can I do, what I can't do and more importantly: trying to understand what's just busy work and what's the real "game".

Baku

Jan 24, 2018
About four hours in, the game is a bit slow, but still kinda fun.

I imagine it'll get better witch acess to vehicles.

But imagine beeing Kojima and thinking you invented something new with the online aspect when From Software been doing it for a decade X)

ericsp17

Oct 27, 2017
Man I may be playing the game wrong but every lost container I find I just dumb at the nearest outpost 😂

I'm an important man with a quest from the president to save America I don't got time to deliver your monster drinks

You madman! Monster Energy Drinks(tm) are the only drinkable liquid in the world, you are sentencing people to death!

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Liking it so far, though I'm still working out how things work. Didn't realize the lost packages had a specific destination they needed to be taken to and took them to the first distribution center I went to when the game opens up before finding out that I needed to take it back to the first city. The constant rain just deteriorated the packages until I just abandoned them to move on, but it still gives me notifications on them.

Hoping there will be a way to connect ladders to make the bigger rivers easier to cross over them.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
hey you're in this thread too how's it hanging
o/ hey! Going well thank you. How are you? Really loving this. I can't stop going back and forth between unlocked points picking up the lost cargo to deliver though lol. Refining the route over the course of multiple trips to avoid hazards and make it more efficient is really satisfying. Plus seeing people having used them too each time is neat.

8f292da0-fc72-4379-966k3s.jpeg

e22677be-f3cf-4c7d-bbujin.jpeg

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing it and it seems like a very chill turn on Spotify and play game

The way some reviewers were acting you'd think it was an affront to humanity.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Well I had my doubts but this is easily the best game I played this year and probably the most unique and innovative game of this generation. There really is nothing like it. Put 17 hours into it since yesterday evening and had to force myself to stop playing. 10.789 Likes from me.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So uh. does just always holding L2R2 mitigate the entire mechanics of the game? Because so far I havent encountered anything thats reqiured or punished me for just holding both that keep me upright no matter what.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
o/ hey! Going well thank you. How are you? Really loving this. I can't stop going back and forth between unlocked points picking up the lost cargo to deliver though lol. Refining the route over the course of multiple trips to avoid hazards and make it more efficient is really satisfying. Plus seeing people having used them too each time is neat.

8f292da0-fc72-4379-966k3s.jpeg

e22677be-f3cf-4c7d-bbujin.jpeg
i'm doing well. yeah it's so much fun. i would never say "death stranding is enby culture"... but...

...but...

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks amazing, up there with Red Dead as the best looking of the gen.

Really enjoying the atmosphere in the game. Very relaxing, but also very tense at times. Oh, and they have Gen Hoshino's song.

My only complain is the long info dump.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
About 3.5 hours in and my family is interested in he game. The insanity of the story has them drawn in even though they are not gamers, and they have exhibited a lot of "backseat" climbing. I couldn't believe they were adminishing me on the effectiveness of my planned routes. As for performance I am playing on a 4K HDR Tv but using a PS4 Slim. I have not heard my consoles fans at all which is puzzling since some scenes look incredibly demanding. I keep getting disconnected from network though. Anyone else having this issue?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I knew it was a good idea to print two PCCs. I used one of them to create a watchtower and saw that there were a fuckton of MULEs in front of the path to my destination. If I walked into that territory with that big ass load I wouldn't have lost it all. So I used the second PCC to create a postbox to keep it all in my private locker while I sneak up behind some MULEs undetected. Will let you know how I get on.

Also lemme know if you like these kinds of post and I'll keep makin' em 👍

zTS2XAO.png

KwBqNQe.png

hhqChYJ.png

KlYGwB5.png

pj5BYz1.png

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the first chapter. This is the WEIRDEST fucking game I have ever played. The hooks are definitely in.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So uh. does just always holding L2R2 mitigate the entire mechanics of the game? Because so far I havent encountered anything thats reqiured or punished me for just holding both that keep me upright no matter what.

That's what I'm wondering. The only downside seems to be that you'll complete the delivery slowly. I'm not sure if the game even tracks delivery speed though.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playing through the intro. Game is great so far but man the writing is soooo Kojima. I hate his habit of constantly overexplaining obvious things.

Best example is how you've seen twice already that Sam doesn't like people touching him and Deadman casually says "Ah yes, aphenphosmphobia" to make sure you REALLY get it

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Seems like it. I figured there would be a stamina drain for doing that, but there is no downside that I can tell so far.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
About 2.5 hours in and I'm loving it so far. Yeah, it's walking and climbing, but it's walking and climbing with some real thought and weight put into it. Enjoying it a lot.

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
Did everyone who pre ordered from amazon get their pre order items? The game was delivered today ( haven't been home yet) but I haven't seen an email with the code.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Been playing for over 5 hours straight, on the 13th mission so far. Really enjoying it even though I wonder if it will sustain my interest for the entirety.

The Ummah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did you go for it? As long as you know what you're getting into I'd recommend it based on the first couple hours. Very interesting, I didn't expect to be so intrigued by the world so quickly.

Have it downloading now, it should be ready when I get home in a few hours. I've been hyped but on blackout for the majority of the past year, I'm itching to jump into a new world and the impressions make it seem like this is the game for me. Can't wait!

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Loving this so far after a few hours.

The only thing that leaves a bad taste in my.mouth is the weird product tie-ins. Monster Energy and AMC adverts, really?
Really diminishes the artfulness the game is aiming for.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I didn't realise there was a live action trailer.
:p

i'm doing well. yeah it's so much fun. i would never say "death stranding is enby culture"... but...
...but...
It definitely resonates on that level. If the first number of hours of the game are meant to be the worst then I'm set. Love that I have all of tomorrow to be in this. Just want to wrap myself up in it right now, the traversal and isolation is wonderful,.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This looks so good on base ps4, goddamn! And also, the first couple of cutscenes are amazing. How come people were saying in the other thread that Kojima would make for a bad movie director?!

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I played for 10 hours straight today. Can't remember the last time I did that. I'm in chapter 3 and the game is amazing so far. Even been reading all the texts and mails since they are so interesting.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Liking it so far, though I'm still working out how things work. Didn't realize the lost packages had a specific destination they needed to be taken to and took them to the first distribution center I went to when the game opens up before finding out that I needed to take it back to the first city. The constant rain just deteriorated the packages until I just abandoned them to move on, but it still gives me notifications on them.

Hoping there will be a way to connect ladders to make the bigger rivers easier to cross over them.
It might say a package is ruined by Timefall but if you look at the cargo screen there are two health meters for packages: one for the container, and one for the cargo. Timefall only damages the container. The cargo is still intact. If you fall then, you may damage the cargo at that point though, so you have to be careful, but there's no need to ditch the cargo yet.

The systems are very complex without much explanation in the beginning it definitely takes some trial and error.

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Cleared my first MULE camp. Man, that was legit fun as fuck. The most fun I've had playing this great game so far and it eerily felt like I was playing MGSV. The combat is actually pretty good once you get a hang for it. Small tip: Use your strand to parry attacks and also make sure to throw unneeded cargo at the MULEs. In some cases it can insta KO them.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Started Chapter 3. I think i should take a break for today. Not sure how i feel about this game overall. I think i like it? Feels like the story has started to pick up and it seems like Kojipro most interesting story since MGS3. The gameplay is starting to wear a bit thin and i don't think it stacks up compared to the MGS games. (Especially MGSV) Maybe that's not a fair comparison since this is a new I.P and all that, but i can't help but compare it since the same team worked on it and DS feels a bit iffy mechanically by comparison. BUT i'm still nowhere near done with it and it could still have plenty of surprises left. These are just my general impressions so far. I do love the game's atmosphere.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I don't quite understand how I add supplies to a bridge, Like the pillar pops up at the start of the bridge but I can't interact with it.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
So is it really recommended to do only main missions until chapter 3 as Kotaku says? What can you miss if you play like that?