• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've built a few things that I thought were in good places, but have received no likes. :-( Why don't you other Porties like meeeee?

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
I played 16 hours today. I'm in love with this game. They're still adding more menu options which is annoying but I'm loving the base game loop way more than i thought i would.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did a boosted jump on my motorcycle and it exploded. Now I have to make the longest trip so far in the game without transportation. The real Death Stranding starts here.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I've built a few things that I thought were in good places, but have received no likes. :-( Why don't you other Porties like meeeee?
Same, I built a bridge near that first waystation that lets you totally skip the river and it doesn't have any likes, while the one you have to use to get to mine has hundreds

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Played for a couple hours this evening. I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. Only annoying thing is the track info staying on the screen far too long.

I haven't done much actual game play so far. But traversing the landscape is engaging. The visuals are super impressive. The frame rate is really smooth, and Sam controls pretty nicely.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Played 4 and a half hours and I like it a lot. I haven't been bored yet. The only is that they throw a lot of jargon at you and expect you to catch it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
TIME TO MAKE ME INTO SOMETHING
THEN TIME WILL TURN ME INTO NOTHING
SO I'M LEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVING
I'M LEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVING

I'M LEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVING

p8CKPRY.png

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
When youre in an area with BTs is there any way to get rid of that mini cutscene that shows the clacker going off?

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I'm now... I dunno, maybe 6 hours or so in; JUST started Chapter 3 and so far I'd give this game an EASY 9/10. Easy. Like, it's done nothing wrong so far.

I'm assuming this is the part where it's gonna get boring... but Tim Rogers says Ch. 3 is where the fun begins.
I forgot that a lot of the reviews mentioned it being boring until it opened up in Chapter 3. Funny. Haven't even noticed. Personally I think the slow ramp and unlocking of systems has been pretty well paced.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I've been watching a few low view streamers play it, looks like something I could have some fun with so I grabbed my brothers ps4 and will buy the game Monday.
I don't think reviews matter that much for games like this.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
is anyone else having issues with like EVERYTHING in the ui being way too fucking small? especially icons
half the time i can't tell what button the game is prompting me to press without leaning forward to squint at the tv
i'm not even sitting that far from my tv
this is like god of war all over again
i swear, do studios these days literally only ever play their games sitting at a desk with a monitor 3ft in front of them?

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Having a blast so far, and I'm not at the infamous Chapter 3. Just spent way too much time just going back and forth between the first two points, just seeing player stuff, player cargo in the Shared Locker etc made me hype and made me want to deliver it all!

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's exactly what I was tryna do but the specific Trike that was stuck wasn't budging unfortunately 😭

Also I've got a question. I know you finished the game so you're like the most qualified out of any of us to answer this but you know the materials like metal, resins, ceramics etc located in the Distribution Centers, is there a way to reliably keep them stocked outside of raiding MULE camps and recycling? Because I want to start building more stuff as I've done already but I'm starting to run out of materials aha.
hmmmm probably just recycle a lot of shit from the online lockers?? playing with a deadline at a quick clip i didn't build as much of the really resource intensive stuff and i felt like i usually had an abundance of supplies so i'm probably not the best to answer

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah idk. So far I really fucking love this.. I'm deep into chapter 2. The feeling of accomplishment delivering a gigantic cargo was insane.

I feel like the reviews didn't talk enough about how it controls. Never played anything like this and I love it.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone know if you unlock some sort of item that allows you to listen to the games music while traveling? It's crazy that they have all these awesome licensed songs that you can listen to in your private room, but you aren't in there long enough half the time to actually care to do it.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
I'm actually very interested in 100%ing this. Plus, I hear there's a secret ending.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Does anyone know if you unlock some sort of item that allows you to listen to the games music while traveling? It's crazy that they have all these awesome licensed songs that you can listen to in your private room, but you aren't in there long enough half the time to actually care to do it.
Unfortunately you can't. The only way you can is if you upgrade a structure to level 2 so you can customize it and allow it to play music. I would have loved a portable music player type thing.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
no. the closest thing is that you can add songs to structures and they'll play in the world when you're close to them. it's very eerie hearing "asylums for the feeling" echoey and distant, fading away

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
network features have not worked once for me. is it because i don't have PlayStation plus?

Funkallero

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
is anyone else having issues with like EVERYTHING in the ui being way too fucking small? especially icons
half the time i can't tell what button the game is prompting me to press without leaning forward to squint at the tv
i swear, do studios these days literally only ever play their games sitting at a desk with a monitor 3ft in front of them?

Yeah it's my main complain about the game, the menus and stats screens are too small and too cluttered.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Anybody know if there's a definitive soundtrack listing somewhere? The 8 track "official" one is kind of a sad representation, so many great mood tracks so far.

I've actually been pausing and writing them down, but a list would be easier....
In your room there's an option by the map thing to the left of your bed
You can pick songs out

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Just crashed my Trike and got my shit stolen by MULEs. Knocked out and 36 minutes passed on an order that needs to be done in 45.

JUST

OK time to go sneaky time and get my shit back

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Yep, it's real bad and I didn't see any reviews mention it.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Finished chapter 2 and im just not feeling it... :/. The core gameplay feels like a chore

EDIT 6/15/2020: I finally went back and finished the game and my opinion has changed. I really enjoyed it for it's unique form of gameplay. It was definitely too long, but I'm glad I finally got around to finishing it.

Last edited:

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Yeah it's my main complain about the game, the menus and stats screens are too small and too cluttered.
not only that but i think the icons used for button prompts are just straight up bad. theres not enough contrast in them at all. even when i zoom the screen, i can barely tell the difference between L1 and R1 because its so poorly designed

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Friends in real life were getting it and i fell into the hype of wanting to be in on the next big release. The production values are really great and its an extremely well-made game, i just dont think it's for me. Im going to finish it still and see it through.

Pretty surprised since you seemed super down on it from the offset, and already spoiled the entire story for yourself a day before the games release lol.