• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I fucking wish you could send materials between Distribution Centers without having to grab em yourself

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
The game doesn't really introduce Heartman and Mama, like they did for Deadman and Hardman...however they talk to Sam like I should know who they are. Did I miss a cutscene in the beginning of the game or do they get an initial cutscene interaction with Sam later?

Im not too far into the game, just got a chiral printer piece from a mule camp.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
The game doesn't really introduce Heartman and Mama, like they did for Deadman and Hardman...however they talk to Sam like I should know who they are. Did I miss a cutscene in the beginning of the game or do they get an initial cutscene interaction with Sam later?

Im not too far into the game, just got a chiral printer piece from a mule camp.
Mama is the first person you deliver to

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I'm here for Kojima style of cut scenes & got what I wanted.

At least, more & longer than The Phantom Pain.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
OMG. I went through 'the forest' (if you know, you know) and nearly got caught by a BT. I could have sworn I was done, but I broke free and it turned the entire area into black liquid. I got away by the skin of my teeth and did the mission. That was more intense and mind blowing than anything I can ever really remember in a video game ever. I couldn't believe the deformation was happening in real time.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there are no "cpu" likable shortcuts out in the world, right? if i see one, someone else made it and the online features are working?

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Holy fuck, games a tad different after a few missions in Lake knot city, LOL.

What a game. The whole building things for others and likes is addicting.

I never knew what to expect from this, but I only know I want alot more!

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I just played this game for about 6 straight hours. I haven't done that in many years. 9 hours in now, just reached Port Knot and I'm absolutely blown away. Just wow, what a special game.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
so it doesn't pull from what i've stored in lockers/recycled?
I fucking wish it did. You actually have to physically carry out the materials you need to the location you want to build in and it's super annoying, especially when the Distribution Center closest to you doesn't have enough materials.

Ponchito

Oct 28, 2017
Mexico City
Are standard orders procedurally generated? Infinite or can you finish them in a given location?

I'm about to go to Lake Port Knot, can I come back to this area to finish any missing Standard order? If those are finite of course.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't spoiled myself on the game yet, but I've seen a fair number of random clips of folks wiping out in spectacular fashion and flailing wildly as they try to keep their goods from rolling down mountains and it's some of the most hilarious stuff.
Can't wait to jump into this next week.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone with the CE answer a question for me? Is your BB attached inside the pod to something? Mine is completely detached and able to move around inside the pod.

Crankafoo

Dec 3, 2018
Canada
Loving the game so far, but I've ended up getting some low ranks on story missions and it's stressing me out not be able to find out anywhere, so I'll ask here:

Does anyone know if you can replay missions for to get a better rank at some point?

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Loving the game so far, but I've ended up getting some low ranks on story missions and it's stressing me out not be able to find out anywhere, so I'll ask here:

Does anyone know if you can replay missions for to get a better rank at some point?
New orders come in regularly, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to get S ranks. You don't need to worry to much about past orders.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
Can't wait to play this, after watching a few livestreams of people playing it. It looks like the perfect hiking game, and makes fetch quests an actually interesting concept. I also really want to explore all the areas that streamers don't bother with because they're out of the way. BT and Mule encounters also look both more stressful and less stressful than I expected (well, more anxiety-inducing, yet also more easy than I expected).
I'm concerned about one thing though: how big is the map actually? I don't expect it to be a 1:1 recreation of the US, but I hoped that at least there would be a large amount of terrain to traverse, and that the environments would more or less ressemble the actual US except completely decimated by the timefall. But instead the map looks very small, and you can walk from one end of a state to the other in five minutes, and really there is nothing to indicate at all that you're walking over different states even if the effects of the Death Stranding would logically lead to them all ending up looking about the same. I'm particularly curious about what the in-game equivalent of Florida looks like.

I don't have the money to buy the game, and I won't have the money for it anytime soon sadly. Hopefully I can buy this and Luigi's Mansion 3 before next Summer. I wonder how different the game will look like, after months of players building things, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Yeeeaah, this game is dope. I'm not far into it, but it's great. Wish there was no combat or BT encounters though. Also, unlike with most other open world games, I'm not even gonna attempt to do everything. Some of these cases are just gonna go undelivered. Though may come back to them once I get further in the game and have better gear.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to spoil anything, but the quality of the performances is amazing. I think it's the only game aside from The Last of Us and RDR2 where I've been this impressed. This game really is more emotional and genuinely affecting than any of Kojima's past works.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
I wish this game had something interesting to say. The characters are all so lame and I could care less for what anyone has to say so far.

I'm actually having fun with the gameplay and discovering what I can do with what I have at my disposal. The world is gorgeous but barren. This game is so beautiful and the soundtrack is great I just wish the story was better. The dialogue is killing me.

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest myth that's been absolutely busted at this point about this game is that it's actually, y'know, fun to play. Like, moment-to-moment gameplay is actually exciting for me, and this is the first game I've played that has felt truly "open world" thanks to how traversal works, and how the world is constructed and the player is encouraged to slowly peel it back and explore.

I was so prepared for something that wasn't 'fun', but was at least a cinematic accomplishment of sorts. But, actually, this is some of the best gameplay I've seen in a video game offering, with so many new features / weapons / mechanics being constantly unwrapped by the game. If there's a single criticism I'd have, it's just the amount of down time you have sometimes when you have to manage tons of shit in your inventory or what-have-you, but even those moments are satisfying in a weird way because of the social aspect.

If this keeps up at this quality, this will be my GotY.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if you like trying to go over mountains you're not supposed to in Bethesda games, this is the game for you.

Oct 28, 2017
Can't believe how much I'm enjoying this. I love the enviroment and the traversal so much. It's an eye opener to realise just how structured and gamey the environments in other games are.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
well, i'm a few hours in, too, & i'm having fun, but it's how i'm gonna feel after another 30+ hours of it that i'm still wondering about...

The game systems changes alot in a few missions form where you probably are. It's really really opens up.

So if your enjoying the first part, I imagine you will love how it evolves!

Blablurn

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Random questions about the first 3-4 chapters

how important is it to complete sidemissions before going on the boat after the first big boss?

whats up with the big BTs you can meet outside of boas fights, like the whale. Shall I beat him?

can i return to the starting area after the boat ride?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Whew lads, the camera pulling back and music starting as you start your journey ... took me back to entering Mexico in Red Dead 1.

deathstranding_201911ktkhy.png

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After playing for about 6-7 hours I have to say I really like what im playing. As others have said I was worried about those first hours because of every review but I really enjoyed them so if it only gets better from here I will be ecstatic. The world is just so cool. I wish the story was better and that it didn't treat me like an idiot but the gameplay is much better than I thought it would be.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Random questions about the first 3-4 chapters

how important is it to complete sidemissions before going on the boat after the first big boss?

whats up with the big BTs you can meet outside of boas fights, like the whale. Shall I beat him?

can i return to the starting area after the boat ride?

You can't miss anything and you can return. Just do your thing and enjoy the ride.