• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Rush thru ch 1-3. Game get so much better at about ch 3.5 in terms of combat, traveling, so on.
Trying to do shit before 3 is you legit wasting your time.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
That feeling when you deliver so many packages to one station because you planned your trip just right 😩

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Played until the end of chapter 2 yesterday. Game is amazing and people shouldn't think it doesn't have any chance to win GOTY. The world is like a gigantic puzzle where you can use creativity to solve problems, the multiplayer is unlike anything I ever played (is innovative right? Can't remember a game that did something completely non-violent like this), and the story is very very interesting (I think we may have MGS2 moment from Kojima here. Can see some stuff happening in the future). At least in the beginning, I'm liking the pacing. There's a good balance on lore and gameplay. Gameplay-wise, I'd describe this as "Tactical Strand Delivery". Think that the only problem I had was one scripted rain before your BB "breaks". I found one place to hide from the rain, and stayed there like, 15 minutes waiting. Anyway, the game creates a lot of cool moments, like every game Kojima did. It may not be a game for everyone, but everyone should experience it. I probably will write a review when I finish it.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
About to start!, What's the consensus for difficulty?, hard?
I'd say so. There's a trophy behind it and you can switch down at any point. I almost always pick Normal in games but went Hard because of the aforementioned and 7ish hours in I haven't died and have only set off one BT (but not been caught). I'd say run with it as it's not been 'hard' so far and if it does get so, can always bump it down. Really enjoying it on whatever 'it' is that hard does lol.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game is amazing. It scratches that completionist / management itch. Love how you actually need to scan the environment and plan out your equipment and route.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
For those struggling to balance using L2 and R2 often just holding both at the same time is enough and you can get up some very steep inclines by holding both and spamming x.

The QWOP comparisons from some reviewers is plain stupid IMO.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I'm bored playing this game but I still want to continue either way. Weird.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Played my first session (chapter 1 finished). My thougths so far:

-The balance of gameplay and cutescenes is not good, you'll spend the first hours watching cutscenes most of the time
-Game looks really good, characters have really good models and animations during cutscenes
-Animations are shockingly bad out of cutscenes, you'll be clipping all the time through the terrain
-First encounter with BTs was a big letdown, you don't need to pay attention to avoid them and their presence so far only made the slow traversal even slower
-Balance mechanic is simplistic and annoying, descending a steep path while pressing R2+L2 is far too easy

I'll wait until I play at least through chapter 4 to update my impressions, so far the story seems interesting and the presentation really good, but everything else seems kind of flat. We'll see.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
OMG there are zip lines?!!
Yes, and they're amazing. This isn't a story spoiler, a gameplay one about Zip Lines, but here's my case of why Zip Lines are amazing:

You go SUPER FAST on Zip Lines, two zip lines can connect over a huge distance, zip lines in this game can make you go UP mountains super fast, and you can even network them and make splits in the zip lines to make it a multi-path network of zip lines. They cost less to make than roads, but they're amazing in this game. The only disadvantage to roads is that vehicles can carry more cargo, but for personal travel and just for the fun of it zip lines are faster than roads (especially for uphill) and very versatile in their networking. They're especially good to make fast routs up and down mountains, or over really rocky and rough terrain.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
This is such a fantastic game and I have I'm having a hard time explaining to friends why its so good .

I mean at its core its just a walking simulator wrapped around long and obscure cutscenes but I'm loving it all.

Even the baby which is weird as all it so cute and I'm attached to him already.

Bought this on a whim thinking the praise was overblown,but even the first 10 hrs which everyone says is a slog im having a blast.

I almost want to trigger a voidout just to see what happens with the landscape.

Do you see voidouts from other players ? That Would be amazing.

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
Question from someone who hasn't played the game.

Is the multiplayer interaction like Dark Souls in that some players will see cargo, structures or items from others or is there anything like building structures like roads that will permanently affect the world and experience for everyone?

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Is the multiplayer interaction like Dark Souls in that some players will see cargo, structures or items from others or is there anything like building structures like roads that will permanently affect the world and experience for everyone?

King of a mixture. There are building structures like roads and Bridges that players can use but I believe they decay overtime.

I suppose so that Inn a years time there aren't just Bridges every where

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

I think it's a bit early to say 100% how it works, but my understanding is that it works a bit on a like/decay system. There's some server that randomly gives you player-built structures, and for every player made thing as you're near it you can give it a like if you like it. The more likes something has, the higher priority it has to spawn in other players games.

So I think there's a pool of high-liked items that appear for most everyone, randomly generated ones from newer ones to see if they're worthwhile... But there's a decay system to a number of the things. Like bridges and roads "deteriorate" over time with use and wear, though they can be maintained I know.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting to hate this game but I just made it to Episode 3 and I'm enjoying myself. I don't think the game deserves the high praise yet but so far it's a solid 8/10.

I'm excited to continue tomorrow.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
This is basically an indie game with AAA budget and I'm loving it so far (chapter 2).
Of course Kojima's in-your-face messages and exposition are there, but there is enough mistery to keep me interested.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heads-up: Zip Lines are amazing and worth building.
When do you get them ?
I'd say so. There's a trophy behind it and you can switch down at any point. I almost always pick Normal in games but went Hard because of the aforementioned and 7ish hours in I haven't died and have only set off one BT (but not been caught). I'd say run with it as it's not been 'hard' so far and if it does get so, can always bump it down. Really enjoying it on whatever 'it' is that hard does lol.
Wait there's a cheevo for doing it on hard ? Fuuuuuuuuu. I've been playing on normal.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I fell asleep within 2 hours since it's a lot of cutscenes. Not saying I don't enjoy it but considering my lifestyle at the moment I'm going to have to really plan out when I play this game it seems.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
When do you get them ?

Wait there's a cheevo for doing it on hard ? Fuuuuuuuuu. I've been playing on normal.

Vestan answered it above, but you unlock them when you reach level 2 PCC. For where to get a level 2 PCC, you kinda' have to get it in the story but if you want to know...

You obtain the level 2 PCC at the Weather Station, during a story mission so it's basically impossible to miss.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
One of my favorite gameplay moments in ch 3
Seeing other porters walk around the world. It was like omg someone else isout here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
One of my favorite gameplay moments in ch 3
Seeing other porters walk around the world. It was like omg someone else isout here.
It's weird how a game about trekking across a post-apocalyptic and ravaged America feels more alive than your typical open-world 🤔

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If this isn't a spoiler can someone give me a quick explanation of what exactly a BT is? What's the full name? And DOOMS?

Suavesteve

Oct 28, 2017
Some people are saying that you just watch cut scenes for the first 2 hours. Is there any interaction? Should I eat dinner while the cut scene plays?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Don't panic! I believe it's only one element of the game and can be done post-game so you can switch to do it.

I was just saying for new people that hard hasn't been hard in any noticeable way so far (as someone that usually picks normal), and since you can bump down might be worth giving it a go. I've no idea what it affects but I've been having a blast on it lol 🤷. I went that way initially as didn't know the above beyond there being something on hard and a trophy and not wanting to look further and risk spoilers, knowing I could drop down whenever. Had no reason to think to so far.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't panic! I believe it's only one element of the game and can be done post-game so you can switch to do it.

I was just saying for new people that hard hasn't been hard in any noticeable way so far (as someone that usually picks normal), and since you can bump down might be worth giving it a go. I've no idea what it affects but I've been having a blast on it lol 🤷. I went that way initially as didn't know the above beyond there being something on hard and a trophy and not wanting to look further and risk spoilers, knowing I could drop down whenever. Had no reason to think to so far.
Ahh. Gotcha.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Built a bridge, upgraded watch tower and upgraded generator for the fam.

Surprised you guys haven't set up any contracts with each other yet so you see each others stuff, or have you and I missed it? :(

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Built a bridge, upgraded watch tower and upgraded generator for the fam.

Surprised you guys haven't set up any contracts with each other yet so you see each others stuff, or have you and I missed it? :(
Maxed out my strand contracts. It's super useful ngl.

Also does anyone just go around building shit? I have a story quest to be doing right now but I'm just building safe houses, generators and timefall shelters. I love upgrading them so music starts playing too.

UaAH7dy.png

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Pretty harsh having to start an entire mission from the beginning because I underestimated the current of a river and ruined my cargo LOL. Lost like 20 minutes of progress.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Played about 15 hours and on episode 3 at the moment. Really enjoying it. It's amazing how many new things it keeps adding to the game.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
So from what I understand, side missions should be completed after the start of Chapter 3? And the side missions are just more deliveries, right?