• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I don't quite understand how I add supplies to a bridge, Like the pillar pops up at the start of the bridge but I can't interact with it.
Hold down the OPTIONS button

So is it really recommended to do only main missions until chapter 3 as Kotaku says? What can you miss if you play like that?
You don't miss anything. Chapter 3 is when the game really starts and the actual open world opens up. The first region you're in is basically just a tutorial area and is super small.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
Now, this thread is hyping me back.

Damn, this is a game I've been most confronted with on whether to purchase it or not.

I like walking and making my own strategy and management to reach my goal.

Checking my Facebook page, and I see one of my best friends bought it, so I may wait till he finishes it to have it borrowed.

JulesLove

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you change the flavor of the Monster cans? I need my white Zero Ultra can's. That stuff is delicious

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Hold down the OPTIONS button

You don't miss anything. Chapter 3 is when the game really starts and the actual open world opens up. The first region you're in is basically just a tutorial area and is super small.

Thanks. What are the early "rewards" for doing chapter 1-2 side missions? can you do them during chapter 3?

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
** The DEATH STRANDING: Timefall (Original Music from the World of Death Stranding) voucher code will be sent to the email address associated with the purchasing Account for PSN on or after November 8, 2019, with instructions on how to redeem. The voucher code must be redeemed through a website hosted by Sony Music Entertainment. Data submitted to redeem the album is subject to Sony Music Entertainment's privacy policy: https://www.sonymusic.com/privacy-policy/.

Sooo… has anyone who purchased the Deluxe Digital Edition received their soundtrack voucher yet? I know it says "on or after" November 8, but how long is "after" exactly? Sony ain't working weekends and Monday is a holiday. I would have thought they would send that out immediately following launch. I need me some CHVRCHES.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ok i just finished the prologue and this is clearly the best package delivery game of all time

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Took me a while stealing some resources from the MULE camp I just cleared, but it's finally done 😔 🤙

I can tell completing this entire highway is gonna take me a while.

rP8JFVy.png

NTZ4npn.png

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
you can steal one from the MULEs but you can't store it in the garage. but you'll be able to fab vehicles soon
I can fab the bike now :) seemingly in two variants, normal and long range - wonder what the differences are.

Took me a while stealing some resources from the MULE camp I just cleared, but it's finally done 😔 🤙

rP8JFVy.png

NTZ4npn.png
I literally just finished the highway as far as I could (5 of the auto-pavers fully stocked up) not sure if there's another further south yet as I haven't been down there and I'm about to sleep for the night.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

rP8JFVy.png

NTZ4npn.png
We're at the same part.

I fucking rekt the Mule camp. And took all their shit to help build the road.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
We're at the same part.

I fucking rekt the Mule camp. And took all their shit to help build the road.
I should be making some deliveries right now but this is too fun. I cleared the camp like 30 minutes ago but I'm still just clearing it out for everything it's got.

Gunter

Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Played up to the beginning of the second mission. I'm blown away at the production design on this game. And the environment is gorgeous. So much attention to detail. Cautiously optimistic of the walking gameplay so far. I can see a lot of exciting potential mapping out routes and solving the puzzle of going from point to point without falling on your face.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Made it to the Port Knot City. Honestly surprised by how much I'm enjoying this.

Gotta say though, BTs being so easy to avoid is disappointing. I feel no tension when I encounter BTs now because of how easy it is to avoid them. Same with MULES (?). Once you get a strand they are extremely easy to beat.

cosmicspooks

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe 3/4 hours in? And while I wasn't super in love with the cutscene direction or tone/aesthetic they try and go for (not to rag on it, it's just not my cup of tea), now that I'm really getting into the gameplay I'm feeling much higher about this. Count me in the "first couple hours are the worst part" camp I guess haha

I'm just very appreciative of how the game leans in to the innate comedy of the gameplay. Like the whole idea of balancing huge piles of packages is so wacky and it really helps offset a lot of the more dour stuff going on. In conclusion: neat!!

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's what I'm wondering. The only downside seems to be that you'll complete the delivery slowly. I'm not sure if the game even tracks delivery speed though.
Seems like it. I figured there would be a stamina drain for doing that, but there is no downside that I can tell so far.
it slows you down a bit and i found that annoying
Ok thats what I figured. What a strange oversight. Like it seems balance is supposed to be a big part of the game but having a mechanic just essentially turn this into a walking sim certainly is a weird design decision. I can see why some people hated it. I certainly don't hate it (tho its early) but was hoping there would be a bit more to it.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Gaaahhhhh 40 minutes to install come on son!!!!

It was 45 on my slim ;) Beats waiting 5 days for the thing to download eating all the home bandwidth though. xD I love physical, having the package in my bag coming back from work built anticipation so nicely.... sadly i only had that poor blue controller cheat sheet in the case to read in commute (with soy inks and organic paper, we could have manuals back for physical... to give something extra compared to digital... but noooope)

teague

Dec 17, 2018
Got some generators built and restarted the trike near the distribution center, man that was worth it

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
So I feel very compelled to go back to the first city to delivery these big barrels...do you get rewarded anything substantial by getting 5 stars? So far I got a bridges hat and feel goods

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i love when the first thing a game asks you is your birthday and then uses it to tell you whether or not you have DOOMS

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for asking this again.

But when exactly do i get the chance to customise my backpack, and get new glasses.

Also related. When can i customise my room.

Oct 27, 2017
Installing now. The reverse cover box art is pretty cool, much better than some other games. Never understood who thought EULA terms in fine-print made for good reverse cover box art.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I might have to be the guinea pig on this one. There is a CheapAssGamer tweet from earlier in the week saying the WalMart price is $60, but there are more recent responses in this thread saying it is $50. Nobody has commented on pricing since the game launched though.
if you didn't already go, it is $60 in walmart. The $50 release price doesn't count for ps4 exclusives for some reason

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say, the trek to Port Knot City was such a harrowing and frustrating experience, but the feeling of satisfaction as I reached the top of the hill as the rains parted and the music swelled was something I hadn't felt since Dark Souls.

Chapter 3, here we go!

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While I really enjoyed my first few hours with Death Stranding, the insanely repetitive structure of the game is really starting to wear me down. I've probably played like 10 hours total and it is literally the SAME thing over and over and over. I was actually really looking forward to the "boring" gameplay and I do enjoy hauling a difficult load of cargo around, but my god.... every single time it is the same process. You haul some utterly meaningless random cargo to an utterly generic hologram of an NPC, hanging out in a depot that is absolutely identical in every single way to the one you picked it up from.

"OK, this... looks to be in order. Thanks, we couldn't have managed without you." Then you connect them to the network, watch the map expand, and shortly after get an email: "Thanks again for these [items], they really saved us!"

Saved who?! The settlements are 100% devoid of anyone other than a single representative hologram, it's just copied and pasted depots, all from a pool of the same exact 3 assets. And the long animations and confirmation screens every single time you start and end a mission.... it's just really becoming unbearable.

I was willing to hang in there in hopes that the bosses or cutscenes would be cool but even
the first boss was just terrible.... run around in mud, drop your stuff, spam it with grenades. Not hard, just.... sloppy and one-dimensional.

I'll probably give it a session or two more of play but at this point I feel like I've seen it all. And the part I was most looking forward to isn't even very interesting anyway because it's so incredibly simple and easy. I though there would be more engaging mechanics for trekking around and managing your equipment, stamina, load distribution, etc, but it's really just walking down the path in front of you holding L2 and R2 until you get there, hoping you don't get swarmed by MULEs or BTs.

I don't know, after like 10 hours I'm finding this game to just be kind of... undercooked, despite how much I hoped or expected it would be otherwise. The thing it reminds me of the most is No Man's Sky at launch, which is not a particularly flattering parallel.

Jun 23, 2019
Just got the part where
Bridget dies and you get tasked with taking her body to the incinerator.
I don't know why, but that scene got to me a little. I don't know if it's the realization of our own mortality or the idea of the last labor of love so to speak, but this game so far is absolutely amazing and I can't wait to play some more. I can't understand the hate for it at all.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
While I really enjoyed my first few hours with Death Stranding, the insanely repetitive structure of the game is really starting to wear me down. I've probably played like 10 hours total and it is literally the SAME thing over and over and over. I was actually really looking forward to the "boring" gameplay and I do enjoy hauling a difficult load of cargo around, but my god.... every single time it is the same process. You haul some utterly meaningless random cargo to an utterly generic hologram of an NPC, hanging out in a depot that is absolutely identical in every single way to the one you picked it up from.

"OK, this... looks to be in order. Thanks, we couldn't have managed without you." Then an email: "Thanks again for these pills, they really saved us!"

Saved who?! The settlements are 100% devoid of anyone other than a single representative hologram, it's just copied and pasted depots, all from a pool of the same exact 3 assets. And the long animations and confirmation screens every single time you start and end a mission.... it's just really becoming unbearable.

I was willing to hang in there in hopes that the bosses or cutscenes would be cool but even
the first boss was just terrible.... run around in mud, drop your stuff, spam it with grenades. Not hard, just.... sloppy and one-dimensional.

I'll probably give it a session or two more of play but at this point I feel like I've seen it all. And the part I was most looking forward to isn't even very interesting anyway because it's so incredibly simple and easy. I though there would be more engaging mechanics for trekking around and managing your equipment, stamina, load distribution, etc, but it's really just walking down the path in front of you holding L2 and R2 until you get there, hoping you don't get swarmed by MULEs or BTs.

I don't know, after like 10 hours I'm finding this game to just be kind of... undercooked, despite how much I hoped or expected it would be otherwise. The thing it reminds me of the most is No Man's Sky at launch, which is not a particularly flattering parallel.

there is a deeper meaning to all and why it is done this way but it might not be for everyone. this is really a game which has a meaning and something to say, it is also a game to think about.

and that everything is devoid of everyone has also a reason.

i will say it a third time, those looking for deep gameplay should look elesewhere, they did the game that way so that many people can conquer it, it is obvious. this is meant to be a long journey but beatable by every person with a bit of patience.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I don't want to give up my MULE truck... I'm too attached to it's large cargo space. I think we must get a truck like vehicle in the future. The long range bike seems good for quick deliveries though, it's battery is massive but it has no storage on the bike its self.