• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
still can´t believe that this is atmospherically easily a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. like experience, basically i was waiting for something like this game for years. sometimes i feel like i am walking on the moon or mars, this game is bizarre.

and i like that combat takes a complete backseat, when 95% of all games are about shooting bad guys, this here is really refreshing

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Does the online component to this game require PS Plus? We are trying to figure out what kind of account to set up on my old PS4 for my wife to play and she wants some online connectivity but the impression I'm under is the online is more passive than anything so I'm curious if she needs Plus. I don't know if she's signed in on the old one if it would prevent me from playing online on my new one so I'm trying to figure out the best option..Thanks!
It doesn't require plus

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Chapter 2 and loving the game alot. And i feel i still have so much stuff to unlock, as some stuff in the enviroment i still cant collect. The B.T.s sections are both a pain in the ass and exciting at the same time. Its like i want to hurry up to get out of the rain that is damaging my cargo, but at same time need to be carefull and sneaky to not get caught. And shout out to my BB for not crying not even once so far, i even forget im carrying him. :P

OST and visuals are outstanding.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
The game just gets better. I'm getting the hang of helping out other players and getting more likes. I just done a pizza delivery mission and I'm also waiting for one in real life. Doubt he can beat my delivery time of 4 minutes though.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I hate the after action reports
Who actually reads those stars and poitns

Liking the game tho, just not the overly complicated systems

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Used my Bola Gun on two Porters out in the wild who I thought were MULEs... Whoops :^)

MCo0xEq.png

Last edited:

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
I really like what I have played so far. I'm in chapter 2 . I don't know what's coming later but it's a cool game. The tension of the BT stuff is awesome even if the fights suck that feeling of nervousness and anxiety when the rain starts is unparalleled. This game makes you feel shit.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
How do I know if something is a side mission or a story mission?

at distribution center and there's 2 missions available, one is to recover confidential documents and the other is to deliver ccryptobiote

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I hate the after action reports
Who actually reads those stars and poitns

Liking the game tho, just not the overly complicated systems

i think this is a bit of a parody of nowadays games which gives you level ups, ratings and shit all the time. and with how often the game gives S rating it really feels like a bit tongue in cheek for "you are an awesome player, now keep going!"

i really had to laugh about those title cards they give you when you level up...

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
How do I know if something is a side mission or a story mission?

at distribution center and there's 2 missions available, one is to recover confidential documents and the other is to deliver ccryptobiote

Story missions have an orange glow when selecting available deliveries in the order menu. Side missions do not.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Question, just started the game, and when I pick something up and try to carry it by hand after a few seconds Sam just drops it. Do have to hold down the trigger or is my controller just messed

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Question, just started the game, and when I pick something up and try to carry it by hand after a few seconds Sam just drops it. Do have to hold down the trigger or is my controller just messed
You have to hold the trigger down the entire time you want to have Sam hold onto the cargo with his hands

Oct 27, 2017
Totally on the fence with this game...couldn't resist anymore and just bought (damn you all bc this will be a long plat).
Last time I was this unsure was No Mans Sky and I walked away loving it.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
Not sure where to ask this but has anyone who're ordered from amazon recieved their bonus code yet?
I didn't get the usual email and support chat seemed clueless.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
Hahahahaha, Tim Rogers commenting on his clip that has been turned into the infamous gif of Sam stumbling over (in the first 8 minutes).

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Picked it up this afternoon. I played the Prologue and it seems intriguing. The production values are definitely high. I wish the climbing was more like BotW but I'll get used to it.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
The color banding is a bit distracting in HDR. Anyone else getting this?

On the sky? Yeah, I'm getting it too. I can't recall if I got it in Horizon too, and if it's just a Decima issue.

if the first 10 hours are the biggest issue, is that fixable via patch or does it seem very intentional?

I don't know if the first ten hours are an issue so much as just how the game is designed. Death Stranding does the same thing almost every single open world game does; the first 5 - 10 hours are set in smaller, more restricted zones with structured introduction to game systems and exploration, with a heavier emphasis on narrative. Whereas the content that follows is more open and free in its approach to missions and game system use.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the opening chapters of the game, which is to highlight that it's not so much an issue as a subjectivity thing. "It takes 10 hours to get going" is a fair argument if you find the opening chapters and tutorialisation of concepts boring, but if you don't then there's no issue to speak of.

But yeah, almost all open world games do this. Horizon certainly did it, and funnily enough I'm firmly in the camp that the opening 5 or so hours of that game are horrendously boring considering how much more enjoyable the experience becomes once it opens up. Death Stranding isn't quite like The Witcher 3 or Breath of the Wild where it's tutorial area is still surprisingly open and free in how it lets you experiment with game systems while also teaching you how to play. It's a lot more like Horizon. But yeah; the issue is only as much of one as it is your own enjoyment of the experience.

Last edited:

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
good looking to who ever put all those ladders and ropes near my path.

Last edited:

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the online component to this game require PS Plus? We are trying to figure out what kind of account to set up on my old PS4 for my wife to play and she wants some online connectivity but the impression I'm under is the online is more passive than anything so I'm curious if she needs Plus. I don't know if she's signed in on the old one if it would prevent me from playing online on my new one so I'm trying to figure out the best option..Thanks!
No. You don't need PS+. Please read the OP.

Naudyboy

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 6, 2019
I'm about an hour into the game and I have to admit the intro really got me. It was so well done, the music playing as you're delivering you're first package it was awesome. But now that I'm invested I do have a question. I'll post with spoiler tags.

Okay, as the first few minutes of the game suggest, are BTs humanoid?

They long like elongated humans but trailers and videos have shown them to be whales and lions?

Them being humanoid is much more interesting than wild animals.

Im genuinely interested in the game now. Glad I got it from Red Box.

.hacked

Dec 10, 2017
3.5 hrs in, when does it get bad because I am loving it so far... I had nothing but low expectations and have been pleasantly surprised at every turn.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Not just the sky for me. I'm seeing banding on skin and clothing as well.

Hmm, that's weird. I don't recall seeing it on anything yet except the sky (which, to be fair, is a problem in a lot of games on any display due to the way the engine handles it). I'm on an LG C8, so 4K HDR, if that means anything.

I'll keep an eye out though and see if I can spot it elsewhere.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
So who gets the credit for building something that requires a lot of resources such as a highway?

The one who contributed the most? Or the one who completed it?