• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
You can pull them back out when you need them. Turn them in and store em. Just know wherever you store them that's where they'll stay.
Goddamn that's good because this stuff is heavy haha, especially the metal.

So if I store them and they stay there, how do I pull them back out? Is that what they were saying where each facility can give you stuff but only so much? I imagine you can only get a fraction back?

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I just delivered so many packages at once, got caught in timefall and they all got rusty. Couldn't find anywhere to shield myself from the rain! Was running out of stamina (permanently I mean), but I finally made it back to the city with all packages intact. I got so many likes! And I was given a hat. Then I went back to the room, Sam passed out on his bed, I danced in front of the mirror, took a shit and shower, drank a few monsters and put on my new hat, danced some more in front of the mirror, and now I'm about to head back out.

This game is amazing.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
BTs are the worst part of the game for me. They're much more of an annoyance than anything.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Infiltrating the Middle Knot City Ruins was 🔥

Pro tip: Don't shout while in BT territory. I'm totally not speaking from experience haha...

e5TFP1t.png

bG1DA7O.png
IT'S ME SAM!!!!! ☠️

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
How long can I roughly play with just the initial 33gb download? Wondering if I should not start the game and just finish the download as a lot of games just let you play a tiny 5 minute tutorial before demanding a full install.

OP
OP
Kindekuma

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright peeps. How long was your longest play session so far?
I got my copy at 9:15, started playing at 9:45pm and didn't go to sleep until 6:15am.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
It's probably been mentioned before in this thread but for those who don't know whenever sam starts losing balance just tap the crouch button twice, it's a lot easier and faster than fiddling with with L2 and R2 to regain balance, it really makes delivering heavy loads and corpses easier.

I'm just ten hours into the game and i really like it so far, such a bizarre world and premise, there really isn't anything quite like this, crazy k did it again, i am super excited for his next project already.

How has kojima super fan dan ryckert reacted to this game? I bet he isn't too happy since this is nothing like the metal gear games, his main reason for liking the metal gear games was the "cool military shit".

Last edited:

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck me dude that reverse trip delivery put me up to lvl 19. What a harrowing journey. Couldn't walk for five goddamn seconds with Sam wanting to do a comedy fall.

Last edited:

BubbaMc

Oct 30, 2017
Keep playing. I understand what you mean but the game has you literally building highways in Chapter 3 and you'll start seeing NPCs actually roam the world. I 100% understand you not feeling like you're not making a tangible impact on the world but you're still in the tutorial. These are two Porters I met after I constructed this road. Also you could argue that feeling of isolation and loneliness is very much intentional from Kojima's part.

EKpbdbm.png

Can we stop spoiling what happens please? Some of us aren't there yet and don't want to know what happens/opens up.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm really surprised your map doesn't have a topography filter
I literally just came here to post exactly this.

I'm on chapter 2 now, just setting out into what seems to be a bunch of time to explore the game's environments on my own. As an avid hiker and backpacker, I'm really loving everything about how the traversal and movement feels. Momentum has such a major impact on what in any other videogame would me a minor slope, but here takes into consideration your weight, speed, pack weight distribution, and momentum. It's really incredible that this is the major focus point of a multimillion dollar videogame and I can't get over it.

The topographical map thing is insane though. They have dead people internet but we can't properly map elevation changes when we're relying on a dude hiking around to prevent extinction. If it's a later upgrade I'm going to flip out.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, I might have snapped and closed the game when after a long trek I got caught by BTs with my cargo flying everywhere.
Now I know how some reviewers were feeling because I played like a dumbass who makes terrible decisions.

TrashHeap64

Dec 7, 2017
Austin, TX
Weird. I don't see it. I just see the add-ons and avatars ☹
I think it's a behind the scenes video of the SOUNDTRACK and not the game... Which is a fucking bummer. It's the only reason I got the digital deluxe version :(

I guess they just send you a redemption code via email eventually and you can get the album and video through there (if I'm reading the store page correctly)

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Goddamn that's good because this stuff is heavy haha, especially the metal.

So if I store them and they stay there, how do I pull them back out? Is that what they were saying where each facility can give you stuff but only so much? I imagine you can only get a fraction back?
You get the full amount back. Just request materials from the place.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
What happens if you turn off ps4 during a paused cutscene? Does it play from the start on restart, or will it skip?

Oct 27, 2017
Biggest early game frustration: anytime you have cargo that's a bit too high or a bit too heavy you're just CONSTANTLY off balance. Having to try to course correct every half second is exhausting.

I also found out too late that you can crouch walk and never lose balance regardless of how much you're toting.

Other than that the core gameplay loop is fun. I also like approaching a mule camp, instantly dropping all my cargo in preparation for shit to pop off.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If you leave the map alone for a couple of seconds, the legend appears that tells you that ^ plus how to zoom etc...

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Just finished Chapter two, so far I really like the game and the atmosphere. The Gameplay is on the tedious side, but it fits the story and I don't find it negative.
There's one thing that that does put me off a bit though: open world games in general have a problem with having the actual physical space feel as large as the game implies, but DS takes the cake in that regard. According to the map, the 10 minute motorcycle-ride between Central and Port Knot City are like what, 1/5th of the whole US in-game?

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The early BT fight sure is bad? Mechanically nothing going on, hard to see your character or know what's happening to you. Been my only complaint about the game, other than that forced animation when you enter BT territory.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a behind the scenes video of the SOUNDTRACK and not the game... Which is a fucking bummer. It's the only reason I got the digital deluxe version :(

I guess they just send you a redemption code via email eventually and you can get the album and video through there (if I'm reading the store page correctly)
No, check the PS4 Library -> "Purchased", not the drop down menu for the game where DLC and Avatars are. It's added as a separate "game".

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Biggest early game frustration: anytime you have cargo that's a bit too high or a bit too heavy you're just CONSTANTLY off balance. Having to try to course correct every half second is exhausting.

I also found out too late that you can crouch walk and never lose balance regardless of how much you're toting.

Other than that the core gameplay loop is fun. I also like approaching a mule camp, instantly dropping all my cargo in preparation for shit to pop off.
just hold l2 and r2 all the time when you have tons of cargo, you'll never lose your balance.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The game feels weirdly exhausting to play. After a couple of hours I'm a bit tired and done for the night. I think it's a mixture of being very mundane in walking yet you still have to pay attention and the more higher intensity spikes of encountering BTs. It's very odd.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how I'm going to make it through this game though. If I enter that Shared Locker and see all that cargo other players have entrusted the community to deliver... how am I going to not pick those up and deliver them? I mean someone has to do it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
If you see any structures playing the Gen Hoshino songs then you'll know it's me ;^)

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
If Death Stranding was a rip off of a niche television show it would be praised beyond belief despite whatever shortcomings the gameplay has.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Someone please help me figure out how to use materials to finish this damn bridge lol. I am so lost as to what the game expects me to do here

EDIT oh my god I have to fucking hold the start button instead of pressing it. God dammit lol

Get the materials needed equipped on Sam, then go to the structure, hold down the OPTIONS button and press the first prompt. Then just dump all the materials needed and you should be good.
Thanks. I wasnt holding it I was pressing it. They need to word that differently lol

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Someone please help me figure out how to use materials to finish this damn bridge lol. I am so lost as to what the game expects me to do here
Get the materials needed equipped on Sam, then go to the structure, hold down the OPTIONS button and press the first prompt. Then just dump all the materials needed and you should be good.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
As someone who hasn't played the game yet, I have a weird question : How the hell is Norman's tiny hood supposed to protect him from Timefall ? His nose should have fallen by now.