• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Question regarding BTs, I'll tag it but it's not a spoiler just a gameplay question.

What exactly the fuck are you supposed to avoid? Are you not allowed to touch their strands or is it about touching the floating body or is it purely proximity to the body?
You can't touch the main bodies that are floating, or be caught by footprints.

Oct 25, 2017
Question regarding BTs, I'll tag it but it's not a spoiler just a gameplay question.

What exactly the fuck are you supposed to avoid? Are you not allowed to touch their strands or is it about touching the floating body or is it purely proximity to the body?

From my experience, when you
get close to them, there are handprints, and if you're in the pathway of those handprints that's when things go crazy. That being said, I suspect if you just walked in front of the floating junk and made physical contact with it that might do it too, but for me that has generally triggered the footprints/handprints

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017

The way I figure it works and has worked for me so far is that you always stay crouched just in case and hold your breath when the thingy goes orange and BB starts crying. I also try to avoid the bodies but I've walked right past one once while holding my breath and it didn't find me.

Just make sure to stay away from slopes or really rocky areas cause it can cause you to trip and get detected.

Oct 25, 2017
Basically, those floating types are the gazers. They alert the actual main BTs (Hunters) that come to drag you away to the Catchers, the big bad BTs. The Gazers don't do anything on their own. Think of them like an alarm. Don't get close to them and don't let them sense your presence.
Huh. Didn't realize this was the case. Does that mean throwing grenades at them is pointless? Or is it still a good idea?

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
So three questions as I go to bed:

1. If you die during a delivery and/or you lose your cargo or the cargo gets ruined, do you truly have to start ALL THE WAY from the start of the delivery?

2. What's the best way to sneak into MULE camps to extract loot in story missions. One early on was easier. Later ones - even if you use the watch towers - have a TON of MULES. It's damn near impossible to sneak by. It seems they notice you immediately from a 1,000 yards away.

3. How is the asynchronous multi working on the back end? Take the pic above for example, now that it has three bridges in that spot. Not for everyone, though? So is it A) just luck of the draw who is "editing your world," and B) is it maintained after I turn off the game and come back in?

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This game is crazy. Honestly haven't decided if I like it yet. When those upside down rainbows appear and the timefall is coming down... I actually get freaked out. I'm really surprised this got as much money in the production of it as it did. The concept is something I would expect to see out of an Indie game, gameplay wise I mean.
Kojima is probably the only dev who is able to get that kind of money for something obscure as this.
And I am so happy that Sony didn't interfere and let him make the game he wanted to, cause I absolutely love it.

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
Running OLED, does some text flicker on purpose or is it my tv? It must be by design.

Also where do I clean the bike, i don't know where a garage is.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Huh. Didn't realize this was the case. Does that mean throwing grenades at them is pointless? Or is it still a good idea?
A lot of people don't know this but the Bola Gun and EX grenades don't actually kill them, it just KOs 'em for a while before they'll start looking for you again. You generally want to be using your EX grenades to slip past the Gazers and your Hematic grenades for the Catcher boss fights (assuming you get caught) as they're way more effective against 'em and actually does damage. Don't waste your Hematic grenades trying to kill Gazers.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Imagine this, but everywhere.

hPztMXb.jpg
Judging by the position of the buildings, the first bridge could really be mine

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
So three questions as I go to bed:

1. If you die during a delivery and/or you lose your cargo or the cargo gets ruined, do you truly have to start ALL THE WAY from the start of the delivery?

2. What's the best way to sneak into MULE camps to extract loot in story missions. One early on was easier. Later ones - even if you use the watch towers - have a TON of MULES. It's damn near impossible to sneak by. It seems they notice you immediately from a 1,000 yards away.

3. How is the asynchronous multi working on the back end? Take the pic above for example, now that it has three bridges in that spot. Not for everyone, though? So is it A) just luck of the draw who is "editing your world," and B) is it maintained after I turn off the game and come back in?
1. You can load last save whether manual or auto.

2. If there are a lot of MULES you can sneak as close as possible and then smoke nade em and throw some decoy cargo out as you run through. You can also just stroll right in if you have no cargo at all as they only care about that.

3. I think someone mentioned earlier that the world state is saved with as much as 100 people but I'm sure it changes every time you reload an area or start up the game again.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
When you get dragged by a BT, and that "thing" appears it's always very awe inspiring. Super intense, and kinda scary.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
one QoL feature I'd like is being able to see what orders are available at each base on the network before I go back there to pick em up.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm only a hour in but uh I can only guess this is a Sci-Fi Walking Simulator EX.

I'm cool with that

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I was very, very unsure about this game after reading the reviews and seeing a little of the latest gameplay footage. This is not a game that is communicated well via gameplay videos and now that's even more apparent...

I woke up today and my first thought was "DS release day", and the next thing I know I'm on the train to my local retailer. Now, I'm signing off after 12 hours or so of constant play time... that's the first time a new game has made me do that for years.

I'm somewhere in Episode 3. I'm taking my time building things and completing extra deliveries. And from the first minute to the 12th hour this game has been absolutely incredible. I wouldn't be able to describe how the gameplay keeps me entertained without it sounding like I was taking the piss, but it has. I wouldn't be able to explain how satisfying it is to select a loadout, plan a route, and execute a perfect delivery without sounding a little insane. I mean, how can a game that is mostly comprised of fetch quests and balancing your load be this damn engaging?

The social aspects are absolutely brilliant, too. Seeing people like your buildings and knowing they helped other players, and finding clues and equipment that others have left makes the world feel more alive than most open world games I've played even though I never see another soul roaming around.

The story and world building are the exact kind of bat-shit Kojima I sorely wanted after MGSV left both lacking, so far at least.

Kojima might not have created a new genre of video game, but he might just have created another incredible video game experience.

I need to sleep now, but I don't want to.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
This game is going to have to explain A LOT later on as right now (start of Chapter 3), this story is utter nonsense. lol

This is way more convoluted than any MGS game.
I imagine It's like you watch Annihilation and a lot of stuff is just weird shit and you don't understand anything and the movie didn't explain things too, but in DS the game tried to explain it to you for better or worse.

The weird shit is still interesting though

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Built the road in Chapter 3 and getting so many notifications that people are using it lol

Also there is still no inventory wheel options for down on the D-Pad. I assume that comes later unless I missed something.

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people don't know this but the Bola Gun and EX grenades don't actually kill them, it just KOs 'em for a while before they'll start looking for you again. You generally want to be using your EX grenades to slip past the Gazers and your Hematic grenades for the Catcher boss fights (assuming you get caught) as they're way more effective against 'em and actually does damage. Don't waste your Hematic grenades trying to kill Gazers.
This is good info. I wasted all of my hematic grenades on Gazers on the trek to Port Knot because I thought that's what the game wanted me to do. As far as I knew, they were the only kinds of BTs. I should really sit down and go through all the flavor text I've gathered so far... Might prove helpful.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
How do you increase the durability on the bike?
Do you mean repair it?

If so, you take it to the Bridges elevator that Sam uses to travel to his Private Room, and either place it in the Garage via the terminal or take the elevator down with Sam and it'll auto stow. When you take it out again it'll be fully repaired.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Where can I find my avatar set from the psn standard edition and music etc? Cant seem to find it anywhere.

Last edited:

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
You can't increase it without getting to Trike Level 2 and 3 later in the game. At the moment you can only replenish it. You do this by storing it in a garage at a Distribution Center.
Do you mean repair it?

If so, you take it to the Bridges elevator that Sam uses to travel to his Private Room, and either place it in the Garage via the terminal or take the elevator down with Sam and it'll auto stow. When you take it out again it'll be fully repaired.
Thanks dudes. I just saw the garage option at the capital terminal which did it 👍

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Played 3 hours yesterday and it has a great cinematic vibe. The gameplay so far is good, I like hiking through beautiful barren landscapes and I am really impressed that this graphic fidelity is possible on a base PS4.
BTs are really scary though and every time I encountered them they almost caught me. In encounters I lose my spatial awareness and just try to radomly navigate through the BT minefield ending up in weird places.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
So when Timefall happens, is there any sort of cover I can use to wait it out? I'm still at the start of the game. Made it to the 3rd building/checkpoint but been wondering about this since a lot of my cargo has been ruined by the Timefall.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So when Timefall happens, is there any sort of cover I can use to wait it out? I'm still at the start of the game. Made it to the 3rd building/checkpoint but been wondering about this since a lot of my cargo has been ruined by the Timefall.

This is tricky. Some bits of timefall seem story related, and will not go away until you meet the trigger for it to. Other times, it seems randomly generated - you can find an alcove, or cave, or part of a hill/mountain that's covered up, and wait it out.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
16~ hours in you'll be able to build Timefall Shelters. Other than that, your best bet is to just leg it or find a small little cave you can rest in.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ever since I was able to power up the first Trike you come across - I've just been going back & forth across the landscape delivering things to everyone. It's amazing to see how the landscape becomes easier to navigate as more & more players' structures start to populate your game.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Is... is that my watchtower in the center? That'd be wild. I doubt it is, but it looks familiar.
I would LOVE to know all the back end programming as to how they got the entire a synchronous multi player going. Obviously not everyone is sharing the same server space, but when I load up my world all the things that are built generally stay in their places. Someone could theoretically tear things down but I don't think I'm getting a fresh set of online structures and signs each time I log into the game. Nor do I know how many people share the space. It's really interesting and it had to be tough to figure out how to allow it all to happen without breaking the game by either making it to easy or spawning a bunch of crap all over the place. It's truly special.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It seems Death Stranding will be a different game in next weeks and then next months and...! I mean the game is evolving with people constructions and the experience from day one and 2 months later won't be the same.
Still don't know if I should play it offline or online. Really love the online aspects of this game and those helps you can get from other people, but I fear that ruin the atmosphere of the original game.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I love the game, but I think so far one small problem I have (I just got access to the Trike in late chapter 2) is now that I have tons of user stuff popping up, I find myself not really caring to make my own shortcuts? Anyone else feel like there is almost too much user made stuff coming into your world?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The first few instnaces of timefall are timed so that you can make it through without your cargo being damaged. Remember, actual cargo (not gear) has two health bars: container and cargo. The contained can be RUINED by timefall and the cargo will still be at 100% health. The container just helps protect the cargo, so as long as you don't fall/drop your packages you can just push through the timefall and not worry about it.

Later on you will be able to repair the containers, but once the cargo itself is damaged you cannot repair it.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
It seems Death Stranding will be a different game in next weeks and then next months and...! I mean the game is evolving with people constructions and the experience from day one and 2 months later won't be the same.
Still don't know if I should play it offline or online. Really love the online aspects of this game and those helps you can get from other people, but I fear that ruin the atmosphere of the original game.

Your first time going through an area is still lonely and desolate until you manage to connect it to the network and build the area up. The progression of an area is tied to both your own personal game progress as well as the online community. I'm still relatively early in the game, but I I'm fairly sure as you play more there will be more prolonged sections where you have no help from other players.

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
I got an ingame mail about a strange light near the incinerator. I've explored everywhere around it and don't see anything special - anyone know what the mail refers to?

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I am hopelessly addicted. I'm still on chapter 2, got my bike and now I am Daryl the UPS guy. This is supposed to be the bad part of the game?!