• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hiraeth

Mar 16, 2018
London, UK
Loving the game so far, played it all day yesterday. Just beat the first boss which was fun but admittedly very simple.

The social stuff is fantastic and one of my favourite aspects of the game. I love how it all comes together.

Samael

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Can someone tell me how I use the Bike?
"Mama" told me at a point that I could finally use it but somehow I missed how to do so ?!

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This game is freaking awesome... almost 6h in and I had to force myself to turn the console off, damn.

I can't remember the last time that happened.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
If it's not too much trouble can someone post pics of the psn avatar DS set? Just wanna see if they are cool and google gets me nothing.
ds-avvy.png

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Finally built the road from Lake Knot to the Distro Center south of it, feels good.

ZfP9im6.png

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Quick question for my information...
is the monster energy thing specific to my region or is it worldwide ?

I somewhat dislike that...

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to build some stuff before progressing further in Chapter 3. There is a ton of stuff waiting to be build.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
During my first wild encounter in the Ch2 I had the memories of MSGV's parasite snipers, in the valley you have to cross during your way to free Code Talker (one of my favorite mission in the game). I also like the pinch of Dead Space on your luggage (you see what is going on rather than having an abstract UI info).

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I somehow Love how ultra high quality the Monster can textures are, you can even read the back of it perfectly, it's that high res. :D

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Monster Energy is a drink available worldwide to quench your thirst and give you that pure adrenalin you and every gamer like you needs!

I'm more the pure-coffee type of porter... but i get it xD
Thanks for the info.

and yeah, at least he drinks with style... well.. with A style.

edit: i just noticed if i chug them i get more stamina...

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Tfw I've actually gotten myself attached to these ragtag band of misfits.

Narcos_1.jpg

That Chiral Artist and Junk Dealer questline whew laddy. Made me smile. I love happy endings.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Finally built the road from Lake Knot to the Distro Center south of it, feels good.

ZfP9im6.png
You can actually build roads in this? That sounds really interesting. I'm only about an hour in (delivering Bridgets corpse) and still getting my head around the systems and world. I'm really enjoying it so far though.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So...

I just got to the final mission of Fort Joy in D:OS2 and took some time off to try out Outer Worlds. I then I got to end of Emerald Vale there... and now I want to try this.

Am I being a damn fool if I do?

Am I ever going to complete a game?! 🤔

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
You can actually build roads in this?
Yup. It's an extremely important part of the game but there's no real tutorial for it. You just gotta get the hang of the ropes on your own, lol. It feels super satisfying getting a hang for the various systems and learning about the kinds of things you can build.

2MiBeiA.png

cm7xnNQ.png

Lyonaz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm just pendling stuff from the waystation west of Capital Knot City and the Capital Knot City with the bike.

I build a bridge to make crossing the rocky area with water easier, saw one finished bridge and one in construction (might help completing it on my next trip) also the guy who put a charging station halfway is an alright dude and got plenty of likes.

Who would have thought I would be delivering packages and building bridges on my saturday morning and enjoying it.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Sorry I already asked this but only got one short response, I am really unsure if I should drop 70 bucks on this game:

Is this game frustrating or is it chill? I have no problems with walking long distances if the graphics are great, I really enjoyed RDR2 because of that. But will I need to spend a lot of time in menus micro-managing my load and if I fuck up is there a big punishment where I need to replay large sections or even have only one chance?

I can see myself playing a game where I need to walk long distances, but if I need to be stressed every step of the way I will not buy this game. I loved the stories of MGS1, 2, 3 but 4 was already too weird and cringe-inducing for me. Is there a lot of cringe here?

I have a 4k HDR OLED TV and am debating buying the game just for the graphics and walking around in a gorgeous landscape like in Journey or something and chilling a bit after work, do you think this game is for me?

No spoilers please and thank you for your help!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Ok, changed it to hard, don't make me regret this ERA.

Is there a list on what exactly changes with hard difficulty? Any big things that the game doesn't tell you?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Sorry I already asked this but only got one short response, I am really unsure if I should drop 70 bucks on this game:

Is this game frustrating or is it chill? I have no problems with walking long distances if the graphics are great, I really enjoyed RDR2 because of that. But will I need to spend a lot of time in menus micro-managing my load and if I fuck up is there a big punishment where I need to replay large sections or even have only one chance?

I can see myself playing a game where I need to walk long distances, but if I need to be stressed every step of the way I will not buy this game. I loved the stories of MGS1, 2, 3 but 4 was already too weird and cringe-inducing for me. Is there a lot of cringe here?

I have a 4k HDR OLED TV and am debating buying the game just for the graphics and walking around in a gorgeous landscape like in Journey or something and chilling a bit after work, do you think this game is for me?

No spoilers please and thank you for your help!
So I'm 20 hours in, I like to imagine I know what I'm talking about.

This game absolutely has some frustrating moments. It's all down to you at the end of the day however. Half the time you'll be spending in menus organizing your gear, plotting your path, using the weather to predict Timefall etc. Most of the experience will be tedious and even annoying at times if you failed to prepare properly before embarking on your journey but the game has a handful of tranquil moments amplified by certain songs playing in the background and whenever I experience those moments, it justifies the hours of excruciating pain I went through to be able to get there. The way I'm framing this makes it sound like it's very much not fun but it kind of is in a way. Once you start gaining more gear that allows for you to make speedier deliveries, the general gameplay loop becomes quite addictive. This game is easily my GOTY. I implore you to read my post below to give you an idea of a typical delivery I went through and all the twists and turns that happened. None of this was scripted, it just all happened organically and started from a simple delivery request.

Took me 2 hours and 2 minutes to complete an order that had a time limit of 45 minutes. What a mess, my worst delivery ever. I really don't want to get into the specifics but just know that I crashed my Trike, decided to build a bridge so it doesn't happen again, realize I don't have enough materials at the Distro Center, got my shit stolen by MULEs, tried getting it back only to die, go back to the Distro Center and warp back to Lake Knot, get enough metal to build two bridges, get back to the Distro Center South of Lake Knot and fall into a river, fucking over my trike and the metal, pick all metal back up and make it to the Distro Center on foot and build the two bridges that give me good access to the Junk Dealer with a trike, rent a trike out from an online player and get to him. What a fucking game. That was genuinely frustrating but it felt good coming up with a new way to get to the Junk Dealer and now that those two bridges are there, it'll help other players but also myself if I ever need to make more deliveries to this guy.

Here's some parts of the journey in pictures:

qvpSXVE.png

cgxT2de.png

PlIxITx.png

HhUuKrT.png

6oJk6Mi.png

jYNdLl1.png

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I think I'm 3 hours in. Just saw the Deadman cutscene with the still mother womb explanation. Really enjoying it so far but I have to agree it probably isn't for everyone. It is 100% for me though as I am patient with the walking. Story is great so far too and I can't wait to play more later. I kinda find BT scary since they pop out whenever lol. Never actually got caught by one though... it seems super easy to mash out of them. I hope there are more challenging BT later.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you supposed to not bring your trike with you to Port Knot City, this mountain pass seems impossible to take it through.
BysyTMn.gif

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
LMAO the combat in this game is a joke. The Mules present no threat whatsoever. I can just run in and punch a Mule out in like 5 seconds. Did Kojima make it unsatisfying on purpose so you focus on the traversal? Not complaining, just seems like an intentional design choice rather than being purposefully worse than MGSV.