• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I'm running around with sweet ass sunglasses, throw my own piss and shit at ghosts and live on maggots and monster Energy. 10/10
Also a Saturday Morning.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Some of these reviews?? Huh?? This is GOTY for me!!! Wtf is this game, I'm just walking and delivering packages and getting addicted to it!
Gotta see if I feel the same after 50hrs put first impression is wow!

Nov 19, 2017
I know some people don't like this game, but BB gave me 45 likes for making a silly face in the mirror and I'm having a gooood time.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I slept way too long! Time to jump back in. Would like to get Episode 3 finished and maybe even 4 finished today too.

bud

Oct 27, 2017
i'm still early on in the game, but someone named igor left me some rope and stairs.

is this an actual real life human being or is the game just introducing me to the actual mechanics later on?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stuck in a cave right now, timefall just won't let up, HELP.
Just tough it out and hoof it. Use repair spray on your containers afterwards.
At a terminal. There should be the option to recycle it.
i'm still early on in the game, but someone named igor left me some rope and stairs.

is this an actual real life human being or is the game just introducing me to the actual mechanics later on?
The latter.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

The latter but that Igor guy is the dude you meet at the start

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Are missions missable? I'm getting some dialogue that's making me think they are. I just beat the first boss fight

cheduff

Oct 27, 2017
I am really, really enjoying this game.

The atmosphere is so heavy, I love it. Bb is adorable.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am really, really enjoying this game.

The atmosphere is so heavy, I love it. Bb is adorable.
k22tGxV.gif

Awesome, thanks. I'm so curious about what's next, I'd hate to stop here and grind out missions
I played around 11 hours before i even went to Port Knot City. LMAO.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you not return to these areas if you finish chapter 2? Die-hardman makes it sound like I'm leaving for real.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
does anyone know how many chapters there are? Don't wanna risk getting spoiled too hard

Third time asking feeling like I'm a Sam shouting to the wind with no one answering :(

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
If I press the button to automatically order all my stuff on the back, it fits perfectly but how do I do that manually? I can't find a button to put a specific thing into a gap on my back?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving that you see paths pop up from other players travelling. Saw two paths both converging to cross a river, so I decided to build a bridge there since it looks like it has heavy traffic. Turns out I had to ferry metal across BT territory several times, stressful as hell. I got built though.

Oct 29, 2017
Reposting a previous question:

I have some doubts about lost cargo:

What actually happens to the cargo thay you put on Entrust at Postboxes?

Also, after establishing the first Knot, and unlocking the Shared Locker Room feature, I came across a list of cargo left there by other players. I claimed of all it, and then saw the option in the menu to 'Deliver' said cargo, I selected it, I gained a bunch of levels in the Bridge Link category, but I don't know exactly what I did. Again, what happens with that cargo?

Am I being just too dense?

Thanks in advance.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
If I press the button to automatically order all my stuff on the back, it fits perfectly but how do I do that manually? I can't find a button to put a specific thing into a gap on my back?
You can use auto arrange the entire game and it will serve you perfectly according to Tim Rogers. No need to manually set up

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Just did the wooded bit to the wind farm, first time I've triggered a BT. Whewww lol. Got stuck in the tar, fought them off but lost all my shit in doing so. Quickly slapped it all on my back and fled. Over rocks, between trees and right into another BT. I almost make it past but hit a rock with my left foot and nearly collapse, steadying myself but getting stuck in the process. I shake off the initial pull and burst over a hill. Sam overbalancing as I rush to pull left and right, seeing him wobble either way as he runs full pelt over everything toward the clearing.

Managed to get out with everything and not being pulled down and damn what a rush. I've been so paced until now. Quiet around them, creeping. Doing my deliveries and plucking lost cargo out carefully when I see it. Then straight into all out panic. Seeing Sam's animations as he sprints across the uneven terrain and desperately tries to keep balanced seemed so realistic in the moment to moment. Having to consider the ground as well as normal obstacles when trying to escape felt so very natural.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure where to ask this, but does anyone have a good recommendation for a lets-play type person going through the game? I'm not after dead slience fro the player, but also not a complete running commentary. Just someone who says "oh cool", or "that was a bit shit" occasionally.

Kind of like Jackfrags if anyone has seen his stuff.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I fucking love that dramatic ass animation and sound when you pull out a Handgun/Assault Rifle

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand what "Claim Materials" does. Like why shouldn't I just leave them in the facilities. Or aren't they shared between the different facilities and I have to bring them with me to the new ones every single time?

I don't get it lol

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I really don't understand what "Claim Materials" does. Like why shouldn't I just leave them in the facilities. Or aren't they shared between the different facilities and I have to bring them with me to the new ones every single time?

I don't get it lol
You'll want to take them out because building stuff requires materials. I'll give you an example: Say an auto-paver far out needs 1000 Metal and 1000 Ceramics to build a new road, you'll want to go to a Distro Center that has that stuff in stock, load it on Sam and the back of your bike, drive to the auto-paver and complete the road. I used the example of roads here but you can do that with literally anything like bridges, safe houses etc

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Ok some sparse opinion after 2h30min

-graphics are nice, sometimes great, but it is not rdr2 or battlefront pc, character models are hit and miss some great some less, not the best in the gen imho, maybe top 3 or 5 with the more detailed chara, not a huge fan of some skin and clothes textures.
They look more human or realistic than what they actually are because the base model are famous real actors so it's easy for the brain to get fooled. (Sorry for my english but i think my point is clear)
I'm playing on a 4k oled hdr tv just for the record.

-digital acting, again hit and miss, some great like sam and deadman, some strangely rigid and kinda unnatural\jarring sometimes like fragile and amelie, overall unchy4 and tlou2 looks better in the acting department diring cutscene, helena and ellie are far less jarring than the women in ds for now, but camera work and cinematography are far better in DS.

-plot is kojima unchained, nothing less nothing more, for me is a positive thing, for others probably not.

-movements and animation are very good, the chara is heavy and has momentum etc. But it still feels gamey and more responsive than rdr2, maybe a little bit floaty in some rare occasion, rdr2 has the advantage in how animation are chained and how the chara react to the scenery, say thank to the euphoria engine for that.

-after 2h and a half the gameplay loop has not really opened to much, i don't think i have a ladder or a rope right now, but the planning of the trip in the map is enjoyable enough for now.

-stealth section with BTs are tense enough but they feel really simple and basic, mgs5 base infiltration this game is not.
They catch me one time but i managed to escape lol.

-menù visuals and functionality are the worst thing right now, maybe i have to get used but some thing like double\triple confirmation to do something or the need to long press the buttons are the stuff of nightmare in a game with so many microsystem that you have to manage via menus...

The private room with all the thing you can do with sam is some top tier kojima fuckery and i kinda love it.

-bb is hilarious, when he show the middle finger to deadman at the beginning i was dying lol.

-killer soundtrack for now

Last edited:

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

I don't get it lol

In addition to what the other poster said, they aren't shared among facilities.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'll want to take them out because building stuff requires materials. I'll give you an example: Say an auto-paver far out needs 1000 Metal and 1000 Ceramics to build a new road, you'll want to go to a Distro Center that has that stuff in stock, load it on Sam and the back of your bike, drive to the auto-paver and complete the road. I used the example of roads here but you can do that with literally anything like bridges, safe houses etc

Okay, I get it now. thanks. I also got a new mission to construct a bridge

Still in Chapter 2 and a bit lost with everything lol

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Was probably told here already but, for your own benefit dont spend time doing side quests on chapter 2. Go straight to 3 asap! You will be able to come back to that region but everything will play better much better

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Man, I genuinely can't wait for people in this OT to get to *that* section. Shit is so fucking HYPE.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I like how "it's all walking and fetch quests" sounds like a valid complaint, but you never hear "it's just shooting, then walking a few seconds and shoot some more" as a negative.
Like that is ok, it's expected.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I love everything about this game except the gameplay animations. They're so bad and stiff. I can't get over them. I've said the walking animations looked bad back when we got the trailer, but I thought they'd be better for a game focused on walking.

And I think character physics is a limitation of Decima Engine. Horizon had good animations but still felt stiff physics-wise.