• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Running into BTs reminds me of the anomalies from STALKER. That same apprehensive dread of "oh shit something in this general vicinity is gonna kill me but I only barely kinda know where it is". I'm catching myself wanting to throw a bolt just like in STALKER.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to redeeming the Timefall album and they only give you 320kbps MP3 format which sucks but not the end of the world.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I think I really boned myself doing so much during chapter 2 when I should have waited to do it until chapter 3.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Lot of people are liking the game because he is a unique experience that focus on the journey. The challenges lies in the exploration itself and thus the real gameplay is the travel itself. You can't find anything similar on the market unless you go back to really old games that did something similar ( to a lesser extent). In a makret were every ow games try to always go bigger and put as much (useless) quests as possible DS is a a breath of fresh air.
Trust me it makes things awfully blatant when the same Master Chief avatar is only around to post no negative Twitter posts and to rip apart the integrity of someone's opinion of a game they won't play.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
A MULE was on the way to me, I went off my bike behind a rock but when he was looking at my bike he let black mud appear which sucked my bike away.

What now? Where is it?

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Red Boxed it after the mixed reaction.. no idea if I will end up buying it but the first hour it sure does hit you with unique cool shit... The vibe is pretty awesome... Surprised me so far but worried about the long haul.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
but I'm only four or five hours in and having a blast
I'm 25 hours in and I was having fun as soon as I got in but not everyone is like us :P

But yeah, the game really opens up the more you play (as it should) but not everyone is gonna give the game a chance unfortunately.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reaally enjoying it so far. I want to take my time and savour it as much as possible.

2 questions though:
1) Is there a walking toggle option? I want to walk without lightly pushing the stick.
2)Are timefalls dynamic or they scripted in certain areas? I was trying to wait one out but it didn't seem to end. Or do I have to be really patient?

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
was not expecting to get a
freakin piss grenade after using the toilet

I just finished the first sneak into enemy camp type mission

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reaally enjoying it so far. I want to take my time and savour it as much as possible.

2 questions though:
1) Is there a walking toggle option? I want to walk without lightly pushing the stick.
2)Are timefalls dynamic or they scripted in certain areas? I was trying to wait one out but it didn't seem to end. Or do I have to be really patient?

They seen to be scripted based on the order being done. At least in episode 2, might change later.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Played for 5 hours straight last night before I even realized it haha. Loving the game so far.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on chapter 2 right now and really digging it so far. The world is really fun to traverse with these mechanics, but I could do without the BT sections yet they're tolerable. The story is pretty damn hokey and the characters have really dumb names, but I'm into it. When the game kicks into zen-like moments while navigating the world, it's a pretty cool experience. We'll see how it goes as I progress.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

2 questions though:

no toggle as far as i know
timefalls are scripted in the beginning but change to dynamic later on, in some sequences it is still scripted. if scripted timefalls you have to move on to stop it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll post more detailed impressions later, I'm currently far too busy building bridges and trying to make a more easily traversable world.

I'm really digging the game, a lot.

With that said, the weakest part of the game is absolutely Kojima's writing. He's never been particularly good at it and it is still a stilted mess here.

Characters talk like they are addressing the audience, rather than each other.

On the other hand, Norman Reedus is putting on a great performance. He's somehow delivering Kojima's wack dialogue with believability and he seems so out of place when he's talking to other folks because his delivery is so natural.

Oct 25, 2017
They seen to be scripted based on the order being done. At least in episode 2, might change later.
no toggle as far as i know
timefalls are scripted in the beginning but change to dynamic later on, in some sequences it is still scripted. if scripted timefalls you have to move on to stop it.
Yeah I suspected that. I guess I'm quite early in the game yet so it's understandable.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
I'm 10h into the game and so far haven't taken more than 30 min in a delivery.
Neither did I get bored.
People that complained about "having to get back to one place" really didn't get the point of the game, which is to go places and improve them (and your relationship as a consequence).
The game is packed with QoL features, walking is never tedious, there are advanced controls to get past things quickly and everything is pretty challenging!

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the rainbow effect is so nice visually, and such a clever indicator

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the intro again. Gonna have to make some wallpapers out of that scenery. So good!

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Did you guys take the bike to port knot city? I'm about to leave there now but I kinda prefer going on foot for the first time. The bike was super useful though for going back and forth to the capital

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
So have I just did *the* moment every one is talking about or is it something else?

I just met Higgs and had to kill a BT. Damn that was so cool

raviolico

Oct 27, 2017
So, is it possible to obtain the PSN pre order bonus stuf (golden "sam glasses" and so on...) via normal gameplay?

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Well, I decided not to get the game day 1, but may be getting it today second-hand (already lol).

But I need to know, does the game change after chapter 3 in ways we have not seen yet in gameplay videos? Without spoiling too much. Like is chapter 3+ is when you unlock the bike?..or are there surprises in store that we have not seen in any review?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This is the best looking game on the base PS4 if I'm being honest. Looks way better than RDR2 on the base system easily.

CJifbku.png

gqRAblJ.png

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
uhhh

minor early game spoiler

isn't pizza delivery kind of a ridiculous misappropriation of resources? deliver the pizza before it gets cold? in a post apocalyptic wasteland where only special people can travel and they put themselves at risk to do it?

lol