• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Man really enjoying this, got me to re download red dead again on my Xbox. Think since I quit destiny I got more time to put into these types of game. Good stuff.

Habaneroguy

Nov 4, 2018
Placed a ladder on a particular deep part of a river between some rocks to help me cross. Felt pretty good about it. Thought it might help someone else cross. Come back later and someone else placed a ladder literally right next to mine angled toward a different rock slightly closer to shore. Now I'm not a man with ego problems dammit, but that ladder had 8 likes and mine had 0. I love this game.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Trust me it makes things awfully blatant when the same Master Chief avatar is only around to post no negative Twitter posts and to rip apart the integrity of someone's opinion of a game they won't play.

There were actually a few in the review and other threads (not necessarily those with MC avatars), who had several and in some cases even dozens of posts regarding Death Stranding that were overwhelmingly negative or consistently highlighting of negatives, even when the negative reviews were a minority opinion or in cases extreme outliers.

I think that's partly why there's such skew in the perception of the games reception or to the game in general, as well as the discrepancy in how people are reacting to the game in this thread, where the countless impressions thus far have been overwhelmingly positive.

You could easily be mistaken into thinking the game was poorly recieved or extremely divisive based on much of the sentiment in the review thread, but the reality is the vast majority of reviews were highly positive, with the negative reviews were in the minority and the highly negative reviews were outliers.

Hell, the majority of the games reviews are 90 or higher, and it even recieved more 10's than any other title this year on Meta, unless you combine multiple platforms where only RE2R comes ahead.

I think the impressions to the game on Era better correlate to that instead of to the exaggerated or over emphasised intense negativity or hyper negative reviews/impressions that permeated so much of the review thread.

The funny thing is that there even appeared to be a concentrated effort among some to discredit or downplay that overwhelming majority of positive reviews, by claiming the content didn't match the scores, or that it may have been fuelled by Kojima fandom, but here we are with so many sharing so much of that exact same positive sentiment in this very thread lol.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017
US
Placed a ladder on a particular deep part of a river between some rocks to help me cross. Felt pretty good about it. Thought it might help someone else cross. Come back later and someone else placed a ladder literally right next to mine angled toward a different rock slightly closer to shore. Now I'm not a man with ego problems dammit, but that ladder had 8 likes and mine had 0. I love this game.

Are they near the West Waypoint? If so I've used and liked them which would be awesome

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There were actually a few posters in the review and other threads (not necessarily those with MC avatars), who had several and in some cases even dozens of posts regarding Death Stranding that were overwhelmingly negative or consistently highlighting of negatives, even when the negative reviews were a minority opinion or in cases extreme outliers.

I think that's partly why there's such skew in the perception of the games reception or to the game in general, as well as the discrepancy in how people are reacting to the game in this thread, where the countless impressions thus far have been overwhelmingly positive.

You would think the game was poorly recieved or extremely divisive based on much of the sentiment in the review thread, but the reality is the vast majority of reviews were highly positive, with the negative reviews being in the minority and the highly negative reviews being outliers.

Hell, the majority of the games reviews are 90 or higher, and it even recieved more 10's than any other title this year on Meta, unless you combine multiple platforms where only RE2R comes ahead.

I think the impressions to the game on Era mostly correlate to that, instead of to the exaggerated or over emphasised intense negativity that permeated so much of the review thread.

The funny thing is that there even appeared to be a concentrated effort among some to discredit or downplay that overwhelming majority of positive reviews, by claiming the content didn't match the scores, or that it may have been fuelled by Kojima fandom, but here we are with so many sharing so much of that exact same positive sentiment in this very thread lol.

I don't think anyone is saying the game is bad, Divisive doesn't mean the game sucks, and early impressions always lean more positive.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
I'm right before the chapter 3, which requires me to do "some" backtracking. Is this common in the later stages of the game?

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Is there some option to make text in menus/UI bigger? Text in subtitles is ok, but everything else is really small and it makes me not read any quest description etc... I have read lots of complaints about this in other games this year like FE (which is perfectly fine IMO), but I think that this game is the first game in years that has text too small for my eyes. As I don't see any complaints about this I think an option should be in the menus, but I didn't find it yet.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I bought the game this morning (I said before that I plan on getting it only in January because of my lack of time, but all of you got me so excited to see it).
This game is... really awesome.
9/10 so far but I am only around the end of chapter 2 so my opinion might change but man, my tastes really don't seem to align with some journalists who said the gameplay is bad, it's hella fun, and one of the best open world games to sell the illusion of tension. Open world games always feel like they lack so much in the risk of your actions due to being sandbox, but Kojima created both the most relaxing and the most intense open world game I have ever felt, the contrast is staggering and makes for incredible moments.
Story started off interesting, but the over reliance on holograms makes the characters feel often static, I mean I get it's a lot of stuff that will take too much time and money to mocap, but so far it's hard to "connect" to most characters because of that, reminder I am still in chapter 2 so it might be totally different later on, but that's my main complaint so far.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Anyone playing this on Pro with an HDR tv? Is it supposed to look a bit more washed out color wise than with the HDR off? Cause the game looks photorealistic and vibrant as heck with HDR off, but a bit gloomy color wise with HDR on? Help please ? I may just play with it off but is that just a flaw in the HDR or the tv? Cause Horizon, Spider Man and GoW looked amazing with the HDR mode?

Perhaps the new update has flawed something in the settings? But I have followed the instructions in the PS4 HDR settings as well as the DS in game settings for HDr. Thoughts ? For example, it is known that the borderlands 1 hdr is washed out colors and the previous RDR2 HDR had a similar issue.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Did I miss a scene introducing me to Mama? She's talking to me through the Codec here and there but I've not seen or met her yet, and I'm heading toward Port Knot City now in Chapter 2.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
This game is so fucking huge man, especially once you start messing around in the mountainous region. I keep saying to myself "yup, game doesn't get huger than this" but then I discover a whole new fuckin' area. Getting roads up here is gonna be painful 😭
Just quoting to easily @ you... but I'm about to go down the WTF mission objectives...

A guy looking a lot like Troy Baker aka Higgs just have me a package to deliver to Fragile... uhoh!

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Wasn't really sure where else to post but I wanted to shout out ____ for hooking me up with a copy of the game. It was much appreciated! Really looking forward to playing it after work today. Thanks!

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The first BT encounter I had I ended up getting caught and had to awkwardly jump my way out of some black sludge while being chased by a whale

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
I built like three portions of highway a couple of hours ago and got 20,000 likes.

Seriously though, start building highways, It makes everyone's lives much easier.

Oct 27, 2017
Lea Seydoux is really terrible in this game. She's super stilted in comparison to everybody else.

Baker on the other hand was having his best life when he was working on this.

In the interview on the launch livestream he basically conveyed just that, in both working on the game and seeing the character be such a close physical match. Infamous SS was a kinda-close likeness, but I think the game that came closest before Death Stranding was COD Advanced Warfare.

Oct 28, 2017
It was a hell of a journey getting to the West Control Point in chapter 2. I picked up the Rare Metals and only managed to keep 3 of the 6. I thought going into the game I would be annoyed at the BT encounters and terrain but it makes things really challenging, especially when you have too much cargo and have to make sacrifices.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
It's probably cause I'm playing on hard, but BTs are ruining this for me. If you get caught it's such a miserable slog. The game doesnt really need it imo

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone playing this on Pro with an HDR tv? Is it supposed to look a bit more washed out color wise than with the HDR off? Cause the game looks photorealistic and vibrant as heck with HDR off, but a bit gloomy color wise with HDR on? Help please ? I may just play with it off but is that just a flaw in the HDR or the tv? Cause Horizon, Spider Man and GoW looked amazing with the HDR mode?

Perhaps the new update has flawed something in the settings? But I have followed the instructions in the PS4 HDR settings as well as the DS in game settings for HDr. Thoughts ? For example, it is known that the borderlands 1 hdr is washed out colors and the previous RDR2 HDR had a similar issue.

My game looks really vibrant in HDR.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got to say, death stranding special edition ps4 pro is a thing of beauty. That control is fire! Lucky bastards those of you that have it

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I think someone or several people let me 2700 likes in one times, I level up from 10 to 27 lol

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I wish there was a way we can all form strand contracts here on Era. So far I can only make contracts with players who I've given likes only.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Does liking other player's stuff make it more likely to see more of their stuff in your game later?

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Soo, you can build highways.
I'm talking about the autopaver.

Also please keep them maintained for others.

Edit: I think I read your post more seriously than was intended XD. Also highways have been openly mentioned not like two hours ago in the thread, didn't think it was worthy of a spoiler tag.

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Forced pause to buy something to eat and drink for next week.

I will buy some Monster Energy drinks too, thanks Kojima.