• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
There is one more small area that's not on the map but otherwise the map of chapter 3 is the main one
Awesome, so I almost rebuilt the whole road from Port Knot lake city (or however it's called) to South Knot city. is there any moment where my progress is lost from now on?

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Is it stupid to consider to start the game offline just to add more challenge and immerse myself in a lone dying world?

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why, why does Kojima see the need to give away the identity of the Bridges Worker (Higs) twice in a dream sequence? The finger on the lips was already to much for me and i groaned out load (something i never normally do) and then he tops it off by being even more blatant and showing the mask...

How braindead does he think we are?

There's on the nose but this is a michael bay style huge explosion of "do you understand that xyz?".

Man he's so talented but sometimes it feels like he 12 and writing his first fan fiction after seeing a movie that made him think about stuff.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
...chapter 5

really

I got all the way to mountain knot, and now have to go to talk to mama. This place isn't in the chiral network so I have to retrace back to where I literally just came from to teleport there

wew boy

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
...chapter 5

really

I got all the way to mountain knot, and now have to go to talk to mama. This place isn't in the chiral network so I have to retrace back to where I literally just came from to teleport there

wew boy
Don't wanna spoil anything, but you'll have to get there again after visiting Mama ;)

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
...chapter 5

really

wew boy

You don't have to retrace your steps.... Just walk over the mountain it's actually a fairly short journey.

I would set up zip wires as you go as you have to travel back.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
So I just checked my playtime and I'm at 35hrs and still in episode 3, lmao. I love this game. I'm having so much fun just delivering shit (got the premium orders now), building out the highway, discovering/exploring new locations, and hiking/riding this bike. This shit is addicting and a pure joy to play. I don't even dislike Mule encounters anymore. I enjoy wrecking their shit now (bless you bola gun). Purposely getting caught by BTs is also fun.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I thought it didn't let you place anything without chiral coverage.

I think we took different routes as I had full network coverage travelling there.

When it told me to turn around and go back it took me about 3 minutes on all of my zip wires. I had to walk for a few minutes at the end but pretty much got the whole way there.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat Chapter 7.

When did Sam start calling BB Lou? Did it just start randomly in chapter 6? I feel like the first time I heard that name was just randomly while exploring and Sam was talking but maybe I missed something

NVM lol

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Can someone share me with a guide/direction of how to
reach the Collector's prepper location

I've been runnning back and forth the chasm and can't find the location.

Khoryos

Nov 5, 2019
Sorry if this has already been asked, but -
What does upgrading my ziplines actually do?
I've got a bunch at level 2, but the range doesn't seem to be increased at all - I have two level two ziplines 375 metres apart, with no obstacles, and still have to use my midway repeater to get there.
The repeater isn't in the path, if you're thinking that's the issue - it's a triangle.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
Given the online component do you folks think that this game will be drastically different if I grab it 6+ months from now? My (limited) understanding is stuff people build appears for everyone, sort of like Dark Souls messages, and I don't want to get the game down the line and find that everything has already been 'solved', for lack of a better word.

Khoryos

Nov 5, 2019
Given the online component do you folks think that this game will be drastically different if I grab it 6+ months from now? My (limited) understanding is stuff people build appears for everyone, sort of like Dark Souls messages, and I don't want to get the game down the line and find that everything has already been 'solved', for lack of a better word.
Stuff also degrades with time, so right now the world is probably the most populated it ever will be.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Stuff degrades over time.

Not only that but you can't see stuff untill you have unlocked it yourself.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A lovely article!, I enjoyed it.
I agree the ending did a great job at cementing who Sam was and who he wants to be and how the theme of the past coming back to haunt us truly manifest in the world and in Sam himself.
Honestly, one of the best stories in recent memory, it takes a bit to get going, but when it does it's glorious.
it's one of the best game stories ever, in terms of addressing interesting themes in a meaningful, nuanced way. as a literal story, it approaches gibberish at times and has many things that don't make "sense." but as allegory, it's great.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Constructed 2 zip lines now how do I connect them? Please don't tell me I can't because I swear I put the other one at higher elevation...

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
considering this game is mostly just open landscapes, it's pretty remarkable how much of an impression each area has made on me

I can think of the streams around the Engineer, and i can picture the marsh full of Mules

I not only see the areas in my head, but i also see how to navigate them as well

Same here. I think the map design is really brilliant in Death Stranding. All in terms of its structural design for maximum traversal options with nice land marks, it's artistry showing off some truly beautiful land scapes, and also graphically for its technical prowess and ability to never even seem to run into any loading issues. It may be sparse in many areas but it uses that as a strength for the unique sci-fi atmosphere.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Is it me or the bike is the worst in any game ever?

Like who the fuck betatested this thing?

If you're having trouble running into things you can pop wheelies by holding back the analog stick and press X to bunny hop it. That will get you over a lot of stuff in the road. Once you get the hang of it you'll love it like everyone else.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
If you're having trouble running into things you can pop wheelies by holding back the analog stick and press X to bunny hop it. That will get you over a lot of stuff in the road. Once you get the hang of it you'll love it like everyone else.
Reading thorught the topic i really don't think the i'm the only one who is hating the bike in this game...
I know that trick, still one of the worst bike i ever drove in a videogame.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Yes the bike is awful. I only used it during Chapter 3 because of the abundance of road. Haven't used any truck once yet.

ergoakari

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
It sucks that it doesn't have some late game upgrade that makes it better on rough terrain, but I suppose it makes sense. If you can weave through stuff is probably the best controlling bike in any game I've ever played.

Khoryos

Nov 5, 2019
Constructed 2 zip lines now how do I connect them? Please don't tell me I can't because I swear I put the other one at higher elevation...
You don't connect them, as such - just use one, and it'll show you which lines you can take. Pay attention when you place the second node - there'll be blue and red lines showing what it is and isn't connected to, and if it's red it'll tell you why when you look along it.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
wtf was that ending? I thought that was his daughter?

Same, I thought I was going insane.

Also, I only yesterday realized I can spam likes for people when I like something rather than hitting it just once.

Is that explained anywhere? I hope everyone is spamming likes all the time!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Also, I only yesterday realized I can spam likes for people when I like something rather than hitting it just once.

Is that explained anywhere? I hope everyone is spamming likes all the time!

I had no idea I could do that for 30 hours playing the game. Only saw the error of my ways in this thread so I'm glad when it gets brought up again. I don't think everyone knows and the game never tells you either. However now that I do know, I spam likes like they're going out of style.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A little reminder, you can hide every signs planted by players in game options.

System > Options > Game options > Hide Spoilers > My panels only

If you want to dismantle a vehicle, yours or a shared one, you need to abandon it in a non-electrified area and take some distance.

Last edited:

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
In chapter 5 make sure you visit
the robotics lady. She gives you a all terrain skeleton and its great for the snow. Easy to get level 3 as well.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Not sure where the hate for the bike is coming from. You're not meant to take it everywhere you go, so if you're getting frustrated by that, that's on you.

For myself, I'm finding it hilarious trying to navigate through terrain that's CLEARLY not meant for a bike. It's made for a handful of funny moments.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
A little reminder, you can hide every signs planted by players in game options.

System > Options > Game options > Hide Spoilers > My panels only

:O oh shit, I might actually do this... the sign spam takes away from the atmosphere sometimes.
This only affects the signs, right? Like BB, Stay strong, danger here etc etc... not the other structures.