• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Yeh exactly, I explored so much trying to find optimal points. I've been trying to place them all at as close to 300m apart as possible to maximise efficiency, so I've been trying different peaks and valleys, places I wouldn't have moved through.

Really fun to plan all of this and super satisfying to make huge premium delivery strings with the power skeleton... no need for all terrain because I'm flying across the mountains!
I can go from Mountain Knot to Mama's lab without touching the ground lol.

Phantom_Snake

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
Montana

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
So am I wrong but it seems like some EX grenades make BTs move away but one attracts them? the way I read about it online is 0,1,2 are supposed to just be the same at different levels of intensity? Blood ones seem the most efficient to stick too though?

I also have another question but I don't know if its a spoiler to ask, is this like other open-world games that you can keep doing side stuff once you finished? or is there say a spot where its the point of no return?

I am probably spending too much time in the early chapters just doing cargo runs haha its surprisingly addictive.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So am I wrong but it seems like some EX grenades make BTs move away but one attracts them? the way I read about it online is 0,1,2 are supposed to just be the same at different levels of intensity? Blood ones seem the most efficient to stick too though?
#2 attracts. #1 moves them away. #0 makes them visible for a longer period.

is this like other open-world games that you can keep doing side stuff once you finished?
yes, it is

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I can go from Mountain Knot to Mama's lab without touching the ground lol.
Haha, awesome! I'm going to extend mine to the timefall farm shortly, and then I only need to take it east about 1000m and someone has extend all the way to the lab.

Where we're going, we won't need roads...

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there an upgrade version for the automated bot?? Mine keep breaking even tho i have all the roads completed

Nymir

Oct 27, 2017
For a game about connecting people, the characters in the open world are truly a void-out of charisma. Might has well have been a silent terminal, I would waste less time at least. Truly awful dialogues, and all the cameos are more immersion breaking than endearing.

Speaking of waste of time, all the repeated cutscenes really needed an auto-skip option. I can't believe I have to skip three (!!) cutscenes everytime Norman Reedus take a shower. It's a bit like in BotW when you enter a shrine but with Kojima's cutscenes lenght. Connecting the network, recycling, delivering the package in the fault, I could go on, they get really old really fast.

Last complain really has to be the combat scenarios: BTs and MULEs have truly a combat system as deep as a puddle. BTs are okaish in theory, but very very samey after a while. MULEs are just a waste of time, they'll charge blindly and easily dispatched with basic tools. From someone that did MGSV, I didn't expect that stealth and basic combat would suffer this much. They are not the focus of the game, that much is clear, but they clearly were an afterthought, could have done without tbh, scrap MULEs and try something a bit more varied for BTs

I trashed the game so far but I will say that the core gameplay is fantastic. The gameplay loop is super addicting, the building aspect of the game, both as a single player and as a community effort, truly stands out as something that will influence developers in the future. It's a bit obfuscated by way too many systems sometimes, I would love to see this "social system" applied to a cleaner, leaner game. To me it's a resounding success, never excepted to like it this much this part of the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
So basically the voidout happens, causing Sam to go to the Seam. There you look for a golden Sam. When you come back the game takes you to the last auto save and the copse is removed from the world to prevent a voidout.
i guess i got lucky with a bug in the game, i got fed up of being constantly killed trying to get my stuff back from their locker so i put down everyone i could and got a warning about needing to burn their bodies so i put them in a truck and left it alone, eventually the market just disappeared from the map

chapter 9

mario and princess beach

what in the absolute hell

they also say peach, missed the screenshot chance so i saved the video and went back and discovered that too

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Wait, so BTs are attracted to your poo grenades, piss repels them, and covering them in your shower scum makes them more visible?

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
Taking my time with this, still delivering orders at episode 2. I just want to say strand parry is OP, I always clean house with that against mule camps, no need to ever sneak.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
Last complain really has to be the combat scenarios: BTs and MULEs have truly a combat system as deep as a puddle. BTs are okaish in theory, but very very samey after a while. MULEs are just a waste of time, they'll charge blindly and easily dispatched with basic tools. From someone that did MGSV, I didn't expect that stealth and basic combat would suffer this much. They are not the focus of the game, that much is clear, but they clearly were an afterthought, could have done without tbh, scrap MULEs and try something a bit more varied for BTs...

yeah, while they may fit thematically, the (lack of) ai & mechanics involved in mule encounters indicate they were, indeed, a late addition. i agree with you: some variations with the bt encounters would've been preferable...

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Chapter 6 and I'm finally happy with the game. I actually want to do deliveries. I can use my van and hit everyone. It's great. One time I had to go search for something on foot and doing that balance crap with the rocks and tripping and I nearly rage quit. Hopefully I never have to walk again.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Taking my time with this, still delivering orders at episode 2. I just want to say strand parry is OP, I always clean house with that against mule camps, no need to ever sneak.
For me at least it gets tricky in the larger camps in if there are more than a few mules grouped together. While the strand-tying animation plays the others have time to get up in my business so I gotta kite them around for a while to space them out. Once you get the bola gun I find it's easier to incapacitate them from a distance then run around and kick them to sleep.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Wind farm almost done......even purposely getting sucked in doesn't give you more then 3 minutes of peace. I really hate these early areas that have permanent rain spots.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding spoilers in my youtube recommendations... avoiding the site for the next few days.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Just started, otw to Port Knot City

on a scale from 1 to Liquid-Finger-Machinegun.gif on the Kojima scale, how crazy does this get?

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
I read an article that said NPCs can die because of your decisions, is there a lot of this stuff in the game? Not a fan of things like that, because I then feel compelled to look up information on how to avoid NPC deaths etc., which means potentially coming across huge spoilers... I prefer linear games where I can just play without worrying about making wrong decisions.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Feels bad going back to MULE camps after you get the high power weapons.

These dudes with sticks don't stand a chance when I am blasting them in the face with assault rifles, shotguns and grenade launchers.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Lol, took Viktor a ruined package:
"What the fuck happened out there? You fall down a mountain or two?"

It's a good thing these autobots can sing, because they can't transport worth a damn. 100% damage. What the hell are they doing, bouncing on their heads?

Feels bad going back to MULE camps after you get the high power weapons.

These dudes with sticks don't stand a chance when I am blasting them in the face with assault rifles, shotguns and grenade launchers.
The bastards started using tractor beams last time I saw them. They're like the fricking Borg.

Oct 25, 2017
I read an article that said NPCs can die because of your decisions, is there a lot of this stuff in the game? Not a fan of things like that, because I then feel compelled to look up information on how to avoid NPC deaths etc., which means potentially coming across huge spoilers... I prefer linear games where I can just play without worrying about making wrong decisions.
Kojima only mentioned one prepper that may die if you don't do deliveries for him for a while.
From what I've seen I suspect he was talking about....
the Elder that needs medicine. I don't know if he can actually die but I made sure to deliver things to him to avoid that.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017