• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I don't think so. You got sucked into chapter three huh. I'm playing through again and I am sinking all my time into it a second time. It's horrible.

Thanks and god damn.

At the least you got to finish the game once. This shit drives my compulsion to do all the side missions (that's the way I see Standard Orders)..... fucc . Well, now that I know that they never stop, I may as well go forth with the main missions. Heck, I am trying to build all the roads first before I end up in S.K City.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
No, the standard orders recycle after a while. You'll also hit a wall for progressing your various levels if you keep redoing them.

Your next mission will advance the story, you should probably think about doing that soon. Don't worry, you have plenty more of the UCA to explore.

That sounds like both a gift and a curse. Still, knowing that the standard missions recycle after a while drops it on the order of things to do, priority wise.

I don't know what it is but it's so fucking satisfying to be a glorified mailperson. God damn this is a such a marmite game.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I'm really starting to understand why people are loving the game. I've only just gotten to chapter 3 and it dumps loads of cool stuff on you.

Building roads, meanwhile other players sections of roads have spawned in. Also cleared out a Mule camp. Really feels slick being able to not only drive around the map at high speed on a truck freely but also that 8000+ other players (likes I got off my first piece of road so far)are sharing in the work thanks to me.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely hated the combat in this game and loved the courier parts. Conversely I couldn't get enough of the combat in MGSV.
I think part of it could be the human enemies don't hang out in areas that could be construed as "combat arenas". In MGSV, most of those areas seemed tailor-made to facilitate different play-styles. Plus you can't use destructive weapons in this game without massive collateral damage, so it reigns in some of the combat creativity. Also Sam moves a lot more deliberately and with less finesse or responsiveness than MGSV Snake, so combat can feel more clunky here.

That said, if you go out of your way to raid a late-game Mule base, and get creative and use a bunch of the games available weaponry, it can still be quite a bit of fun. It's just a shame it takes so long to get there, or that it doesn't give you better areas to fight the human enemies in.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Well chapter 5...

Spoilers, I think I'm nearing the end of this chapter.

And I was so happy with reaching the foot of the mountain, ugh. So I have to get Mama there. Looking into what I have available and thinking of traversal... have to make a difficult choice.

(I know I have to fight a BT first though; guess time to fabricate some stuff)

If I take the scenic route, I will have to take the long way with one BT encounter and sneaking past two Mule/Militia camps. Final part of the jog is easy.

Or I can take a bit shorter route; I have the power skeleton which can make me walk faster through snow. However there will be two BT encounters and lots of snow. What to do...

My mama just rode there in style, completely uneventful trip.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think what I like about it is the detail. In some ways it's min-max the game. One of the most detailed game designers made a game that was all about the little details. And then made it so you had to connect to others but at the same feel good about it. Like all the chemical positives social media gives but without the problems.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Fuck YOU Death Stranding, fuck you for consuming my life, ya fuck.

Fuck me.

7285591326793271.png

Still on Chapter 3 and I have yet to do the main mission where I have tasked take
non-printable supplies to South Knot City

Do "Standard Orders" ever actually Stop?
Haha I'm exactly at that point too. I've spent 5+ hours doing standard orders to and from the junk dealer and chiral artist studio. They both have a lot of different orders available. At least I have a truck now making things go more smoothly
That sounds like both a gift and a curse. Still, knowing that the standard missions recycle after a while drops it on the order of things to do, priority wise.

I don't know what it is but it's so fucking satisfying to be a glorified mailperson. God damn this is a such a marmite game.
On the screen where you take on orders, they will show previously best results for any orders you've already delivered. That way you can see which ones are new and which ones are recycled.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm near the end of the game and while I have everyone connected to the network there are still two areas on the map that have no network connection?

First one is just north of the Weather station and second one is south of the geologist? Are there people I'm missing in these areas or can you just not connect these to the network?

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm near the end of the game and while I have everyone connected to the network there are still two areas on the map that have no network connection?

First one is just north of the Weather station and second one is south of the geologist? Are there people I'm missing in these areas or can you just not connect these to the network?

Those two are optional, unless you're trying to Platinum the game

The one up north is The First Prepper, who is up on a ridge between the Spiritualist and the Cabin you go to to meet Deadman to start Ep 7

The one south is directly down the mountain from where your triangle is pointed in the screenshot. He's in the foothills NW of the Timefall Farm. He's the Veteran Porter, and he should look veeeeery familiar.

Both are a pain to level, because you have to read a crap load of emails to level them up.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You're missing a couple of people.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those two are optional, unless you're trying to Platinum the game

The one up north is The First Prepper, who is up on a ridge between the Spiritualist and the Cabin you go to to meet Deadman to start Ep 7

The one south is directly down the mountain from where your triangle is pointed in the screenshot. He's in the foothills NW of the Timefall Farm. He's the Veteran Porter, and he should look veeeeery familiar.

Both are a pain to level, because you have to read a crap load of emails to level them up.

Ah good to know.

spam flakes

Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat the game at 84 hours, earlier this morning. I quite enjoyed it, and it's only been a few hours, but I appreciate it more and more with time. I think I'll go for the platinum.

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got back in town and got some more time to play this finally the last couple of evenings. Decided to push the story forward as it seems like the standard orders will be more fun to just chip away at on the wha to things and once more roads are built etc.

I finished up episode 3 and saved at the start of episode 4 just now with around 26 hours played. Really enjoying the game a lot more than I thought I would.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this has been posted yet but excited to see this preformed live.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Just started this a couple of hours ago. The moment "Don't Be So Serious" starts playing as you're just walking downhill... Damn! Wish I could keep playing but I gotta wake up early tomorrow. Reached Deadman, Chapter 1, and hopefully I'll be able to play some more tomorrow.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I took the mountain path, because I was struggling with the controls in the BT fight and Mama ended up taking a lot of damage. I was worried about her catching a stray bullet going through the terrorist camp.
Honestly, I think it might be about the same, time-wise. At least for me, going over the mountain with her took FOREVER. And she died a few times when Sam fell and used Mama as an improvised toboggon.

Oh boy, was afraid this would be the answer. I have a certain walk planned. The BT encounter is managable; a few grenades will fix this.

The two camps though... that will be tough. One camp is firing life ammo so I will need to walk around it carefully. Gonna be one hell of a trip.

My mama just rode there in style, completely uneventful trip.

Ha, I imagine you built the road straight to Mountain Knot before undertaking this mission :P

THE_W1TCHER

Oct 28, 2017
As a civil engineer irl, the game clicked with me when i became road builder. Seeing people using the infrastructure i built and making their game a little easier is so satisfying :D

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I had my first death from falling, i was doing a timed delivery in chapter 5 and was hauling ass using speed skeleton lv3, got a bit carried away with the hella anime jump and yeeted myself of a very high cliff.

Last edited:

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
I'm addicted. Got the platinum trophy at around 90 hours playtime and after 110 hours in I still want to deliver stuff. Keep the Likes coming. :)

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the game last night. The final sequence is super long and I wish I didn't stay up so late on a work night lmao.
That's funny, I just finished it last night too and had the same complaint. I think I fought the last boss around 12:45 AM, but the game didn't actually end until legit 3:00 AM. It just kept going on and on and on

Oct 27, 2017
That's funny, I just finished it last night too and had the same complaint. I think I fought the last boss around 12:45 AM, but the game didn't actually end until legit 3:00 AM. It just kept going on and on and on

The most egregious part for me was the one where you run around the Beach while the credits roll and then Amelie narrates some random stuff. Seemed really pointless when the credits still roll at the end of it all anyways lol

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
The most egregious part for me was the one where you run around the Beach while the credits roll and then Amelie narrates some random stuff. Seemed really pointless when the credits still roll at the end of it all anyways lol
Yeah that part went on literally forever, and I think you couldn't even just sit and watch, you had to actually be moving the character to keep that section progressing

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
It's gotten to the point where some of my earlier zip lines have stopped functioning from decay. I wonder how long it takes for everything to break down and paths to disappear.

Can definitely see some road degradation in the heavy timefall areas.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I had my first death from falling, i was doing a timed delivery in chapter 5 and was hauling ass using speed skeleton lv3, got a bit carried away with the hella anime jump and yeeted myself of a very high cliff.

My first death from falling came from an online zip-line depositing me off the edge of a cliff.

I just quit the game and restarted it afterwards because fuck that lol

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Haha I'm exactly at that point too. I've spent 5+ hours doing standard orders to and from the junk dealer and chiral artist studio. They both have a lot of different orders available. At least I have a truck now making things go more smoothly

It's the real Truckla ;P. And yea, I am feeling bolder about raiding MULE encampments now given I can haul greater amount of loot (than the mule's version) w/o worrying about running out of range.

On the screen where you take on orders, they will show previously best results for any orders you've already delivered. That way you can see which ones are new and which ones are recycled.

Woah, I did not know this... at all. Now I have to go back and check before I pick up orders again. Thanks.

Gaiseric

Aug 4, 2019
I'm really starting to understand why people are loving the game. I've only just gotten to chapter 3 and it dumps loads of cool stuff on you.

Building roads, meanwhile other players sections of roads have spawned in. Also cleared out a Mule camp. Really feels slick being able to not only drive around the map at high speed on a truck freely but also that 8000+ other players (likes I got off my first piece of road so far)are sharing in the work thanks to me.

Playing this game went from being confusing/intriguing to 100% addictive in chapter 3. The equipment that they give feels so well-earned... and necessary when you get it.

And to be cooperating with other players while you're playing the game - so rewarding.

I spent hours and hours playing the game this weekend and I didn't realize time was passing by. Who knew that delivering packages in a future dystopia could be this fun? 😄

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Im getting all the stars from distro and npcs but i have no idea about the premium deliveries trophies. I have done tons of them s ranks but no trophy.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Getting the platinum is just too boring. Now I miss 10 time based Premium deliveries and 10 deliveries in which you need to retrieve a cargo...and after that I still need to level up to 5 each facility plus bring Sam to vele 60 in each category.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Can you use ziplines with the Pizza deliveries? I know that bikes are fine as long it's 'flat' on your back (even though it's at a 45 degree angle and bouncing around) but my primary method of transportation for many places is the zip-line network.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Can you use ziplines with the Pizza deliveries? I know that bikes are fine as long it's 'flat' on your back (even though it's at a 45 degree angle and bouncing around) but my primary method of transportation for many places is the zip-line network.

Delivering Pizza using zip-line works. How do you deal with chiral network bandwidth with such a huge zip-line network? Mine only heavily covers the mountain areas, and I was struggling to fit everything in the available bandwidth.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Not for all of them, iirc. Think there was one where you had to hold something in your hands and using a zip did not work

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Delivering Pizza using zip-line works. How do you deal with chiral network bandwidth with such a huge zip-line network? Mine only heavily covers the mountain areas, and I was struggling to fit everything in the available bandwidth.
You need to level up the facilities to get more bandwith, but even by doing so I have the same problem. I covered pretty much all the mountain area, but I need a couple of ziplines to cover someplaces...but on the other end I can't connect the chiral farm because I have no more bandwith. It's really a bummer, and I can't even get some space because on the map I have nothing else but ziplines.