• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Score prediction?

• 95-99

Votes: 87 10.7%
  • 94-90

Votes: 287 35.2%
  • 89-85

Votes: 246 30.1%
  • 84-80

Votes: 118 14.5%
  • 79-75

Votes: 47 5.8%
  • 74 or less

Votes: 31 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
If there is one games reviews you should completely ignore, its MGSV's. The fact that they had a bootcamp says it all. Can't trust a single review of anyone that went to that thing.

I think this game will get a 90'ish. I don't have faith Kojima will have learned what went wrong with MGSV's open world.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's controversial to say MGSV tackled taboo topics quite well

The story itself may be incomplete in that they didn't get to do everything they wanted to, but the language/vocal cord parasite stuff definitely is taboo in gaming and that aspect was very fleshed out.

I don't remember too many of the details butI definitely remember finding that pretty fascinating
mgs5-quiet-01_6x9.jpg

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there is one games reviews you should completely ignore, its MGSV's. The fact that they had a bootcamp says it all. Can't trust a single review of anyone that went to that thing.

I think this game will get a 90'ish. I don't have faith Kojima will have learned what went wrong with MGSV's open world.
Well I played it for around 300 hrs. I'd say the score avg is lower than it should be

nss

Apr 10, 2018
I think many of the shown mechanics will be off putting for many and that will bring down the overall package, but believe it'll still score in the mid 80s.

I'll be pleasantly surprised and more hyped if it scores in the 90's, but feel like that really isn't going to happen

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kojima exclusive game= minimum 90 MC is a lock.

Even if the mechanics don't work for everyone I doubt anyone will give it a lower score

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think a few won't get the gameplay to click and it'll end up being Kojima's lowest scoring game.

Love to be wrong though.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I can see it having less than 90 if the traversal mechanics aren't interesting enough to sustain long travel times. What they showed was cool but apparently the game is quite long.

Hopefully they'll get the pacing right and the game won't feel like a chore 10h in.

Also I know Kojima said the game will have a lot of cutscenes but I hope they don't get close to MGS4, that shit was ridiculous.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Huge Kojima fan, but I feel we might have another Days Gone score when reviews hit. Which isn't a bad thing. I loved that game. People just need to temper their expectations.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Idk. It'll get 10 free Kojima points, but it doesn't have the added benefit of being MGS. I think it will be high 70s to low 80s. My bet is on polarizing for sure, but still very respectable as a score.

Sep 28, 2019
I say a solid 85, overall, I'm excited, PlayStation must be confident that the game will be good with reviews coming out so early! Good on Kojima Productions they made such an exciting looking game in record time too.

It's so seeing studios do collaboration like this one, I'm wondering if KJP made any enhancements with the engine? If the sequel to Horizon 2 has improved in it's facial tech, I know it was Kojima's team who helped made it happen.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
High balling it at 90 despite some gaming outlets already having their mind set on what they will give to this game

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony + Kojima+ PlayStation

people will be afraid to give this anything lower than a 9.5, people will show respect.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
What was the last Sony game to have its embargo lifted a week before launch? God of War?

I'm already anticipating the "can't wait to talk about Death Stranding" tweets.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Seems like sony has a lot of faith in death stranding
Why wouldn't they lol.

Outside of Miyazaki and Ueda, I can't imagine any other director they'd rally this much support behind. The fact that Sony went to Kojima literally 3 days after he left Konami to begin a new partnership and the new KojiPro offices being in the Shinagawa Sony Corporate Building says a lot about their working relationship.

Last edited:

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
If MGSV got a 93, Imma go with 90+. I think the traversal aspects, story and mechanics will add up to a really great experience for a vast majority of reviewers. Again...this could completely go south too so I'm being optimistic lol

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, that's reminding me that I need to submit my pitch to Sony to review this ASAP!

Oct 25, 2017
I would be really surprised if this gets anything less than high 80s
I say a solid 85, overall, I'm excited, PlayStation must be confident that the game will be good with reviews coming out so early! Good on Kojima Productions they made such an exciting looking game in record time too.

It's so seeing studios do collaboration like this one, I'm wondering if KJP made any enhancements with the engine? If the sequel to Horizon 2 has improved in it's facial tech, I know it was Kojima's team who helped made it happen.
KJP programmers tinkered with Guerillas engine and even sent a satellite team to the Netherlands to continue working on it.
I suspect Kojima brought some people that worked on the Fox Engine along for the project.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Want to see if this will cause a bigger mess on here than the announcement of Monster Hunter World on gaf.

Everyone at the time was rolling in a glorious mixture of shit and salt.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the closest thing to videogame "Oscar bait" we're ever gonna get? Let's find out!

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Embargoes usually don't say much unless its like a few days after launch but usually the ones a week before the game score high right? Or at the very least there's a lot of confidence there.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'm wondering if KJP made any enhancements with the engine?

Keep in mind we had no contract or anything at this stage, yet still they handed over what was basically the crystallisation of their efforts over many years. They simply said, "Mr. Kojima please use this engine," and we thought these people are incredible.

There was one condition though, that Kojima Productions doesn't just use the engine, but that we develop the engine together with Guerrilla Games, that it should be a collaborative effort. So we were really blown away by their stance on this and being so open with the engine and we thought "Wow, these are the people we have to work with."
We were looking for a realistic presentation (for TGA), so we had to make changes to the tools and other adjustments to the engine. Over the course of 6 months we passed the code back and forth between Guerrilla Games and Kojima Productions, working off the same code base. At this point our code had completely merged together.
It was different from the engine they originally gave us, so we decided we should give this new engine a name. That's when we came up with the 'Decima' name (derived from Dejima – an artificial island in Japan where The Netherlands and Japan would trade during the Edo period). I really feel that with both of us working on this engine we are accomplishing the work at twice the speed and building something really fantastic.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I think reviews are going to swing heavy on this one and end up in the mid 70s.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
it's a brand new IP out of a brand new studio
if this gets a 90 at least, kojima will be cemented as one of the GOATs

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Expecting high 80s. That said, I'm all in, I really liked what I've seen so far and hopefully I'll be able to score that Pro bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.