• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Score prediction?

• 95-99

Votes: 87 10.7%
  • 94-90

Votes: 287 35.2%
  • 89-85

Votes: 246 30.1%
  • 84-80

Votes: 118 14.5%
  • 79-75

Votes: 47 5.8%
  • 74 or less

Votes: 31 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait till we start getting threads about how Breath of the Wild 2 would be better if it incorporated real time cargo management simulation for Link.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
86. Can't say I would be totally surprised if it gets higher reviews simply because of the Kojima name and the game is still wildly incoherent.

Dissenting reviews will cause bloodbaths in the review thread. Trust. I don't see anything compelling here but...that's just me.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I will day one this

But we never know with reviews
MGS5 had MGS hype + the long wait since MGS4

Reviewers will be more severe about this I'm sure
Those publishers can guess much better what their games will score than anyone here.
They actually played it, and they have internal reviews, the fact the reviews go up so early means that the internal reviews were extremely positive.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know/able to confirm if this means reviewers have copies of the game as we speak?

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Easy mid 90s regardless of how good it is. We already got reviewers here wanting the game to fuck them so it's pretty much a lock.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
If reviewers already have copies then the MGS2 hype is dead. 74 or less is all but guaranteed now.

It's been a good run.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
I feel like this game will either get a 95 or a 75 on Metacritic, and it will largely depends on Death Stranding's execution. It's a great idea, but there's a lot of areas where things can go horribly wrong.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
This game will absolutely get a 90+ MC score. It has Kojima's name on the box. Whether it will actually be 90+ material... only time will tell.

RossoneR

Oct 28, 2017
It looks great, and ost ll be amazing probably. Better story than most games. New ip with new ideas. Controls ll be amazing. Only concern is pacing, execution, gameplay loop. Cant ser this lower than 88.
If rdr 2 can get 97 with only redeming qualities graphics and animations something s wrong with reviews.
Of course ds can end up being boring as hell and being walking simulator....cant wait anyway.

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been this interested in a games' reception for a long time. Maybe No Mans Sky.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
I've never been more on the fence about a game than I am about this one. Glad reviews are a week ahead so I have time to decide.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Every game I ever love seems to be an 88 so I'll go for that
I mean I don't enjoy any of the main RDR2 missions and that's a 97 so what do I know

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
When did NMS' embargo drop btw? That release is a blur to me
On the day of release. Sony decided to send out review copies after the Day 1 patch was live so some outlets actually had to go out and buy the game for themselves (Polygon). Loads of reviews were in-progress by the time the game had actually released.

That was a mess all around lol.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly the review thread will be more entertaining than the actual game. Will be the ResetEra thread of the year. Gonna be a blood bath.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like people who think they are sounding smart by saying "95 or 65 no in between" kind of don't get how game reviews work.

no game is ever THAT divisive among reviewers. If the story falls flat for some, the game can still be redeemed by its gameplay. Games can be more than the sum of their parts.

going by all of Kojima's previous titles, it's been proven that no matter where faults may lie, the areas the game excels at are enough to catapult them to greatness when looked at as a whole. The game will have great gameplay and design with an interesting story at its base, and people will argue about which of those elements resonated with them and didn't but the game overall will still be great.

I predict ERA will call this game "divisive" yes, but in the same way they do MGS4 or V which are like mid-90s lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna guess just shy of a 90 Meta. Will definitely resonate with a lot of reviewers but some will be less than pleased. Somewhere along the lines of Spider-Man and Horizon.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna guess just shy of a 90 Meta. Will definitely resonate with a lot of reviewers but some will be less than pleased. Somewhere along the lines of Spider-Man and Horizon.

Horizon Zero Dawn was not divisive at all. It had almost unanimous praise except for one review that gave it a 4 and dropped it to an 89. I would not call Spider-Man's 87 divisive either. Unless you idea of division is between very good and excellent. Divisive is something like a David Cage game or maybe Days Gone.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Love everything about the game and I'll buy it day one, but I think meta will be something about 83,84 and lots of reviewers will say things like: I don't like walking simulators, so I'll give it 4! Or Kojima should make movies not videogames and...

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm betting a 90 meta unless the story shits the bed.

Oct 25, 2017
I legitimately did not think this game was coming out in 2019. Huh.

Hope it reviews well. I'll definitely be waiting at least a couple weeks for the dust to settle, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.