• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Nobody should expect over a 90 Meta. The guy from edge on Twitter claimed he didn't get a review code and thd the wasn't cool enough for it. This kind of tells me that there will be a negative bias going in.

This is gonna be mid to high 80s. And it'll be awesome

He's right. He's not cool enough, definitely

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Death Stranding's title screen:

EG_7KYKXUAAPjct.jpg

"Open Source Licenses"

I'm interested in the development of this game. I hope there is a full blow out sometime after release.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Making hype posts/bragging about getting early copies doesn't reassure me as to whether the outlet will write an objective review.
So people should be absolutely quiet and not disclose it every time this happens? Even when is common practice and commonly known?
Most small/medium outlets do this in order to drive traffic/interest to their site, not particularly to hype/help the game sell better, that's just an outcome of the marketing machine.

el_galvon

Jun 13, 2019
As curious as I am for the reviews, I really don't want to see anything about the game before I play. So, even if it demonstrates confidence from Sony to lift the embargo one week before, that will surely be a long week for me.

Btw I think it will reach 90+, mainly because the game looks like a next step from MGS V.

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
I hope this isn't done like the MGSV reviews where reviewers had to play the whole game in a controlled setting as fast as they could. I love MGSV, but it had a lot of issues that became more noticeable the longer that you played.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this isn't done like the MGSV reviews where reviewers had to play the whole game in a controlled setting as fast as they could. I love MGSV, but it had a lot of issues that became more noticeable the longer that you played.
No people clearly have review copies at their own place. It's not MGSV (and 4) esque review event.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
These reviews will be fascinating, and i say this as someone who doesn't care about reviews normally.
I certainly don't envy anyone having to tackle this game lol.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't particularly help tbh. Drawing lines in the sand before a Review Thread to determine the "haters" from the "fans" is never a good idea.

The initial comment did that as much, if not moreso. I'd say parsing the potential quality or objectivity of any review weeks in advance of the review itself is a fool's errand.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I'm still undecided if it's this game or Jedi: Fallen Order that is going to serve up the most piping-hot crow. Given that the latter is coming out a week later, it's going to be a potential crow-eating buffet.

A shit ton of previews for Jedi come out tomorrow so imagine there's gonna be some pre crow being served tomorrow given how many "this game looks generic" comments I've seen.

On topic, I feel like DS is still gonna to very well sales and review wise. Regardless, I look forward to the review section for both games

Plum

May 31, 2018
The initial comment did that as much, if not moreso. I'd say parsing the potential quality or objectivity of any review weeks in advance of the review itself is a fool's errand.
Yeah it was a dumb comment (I do think there's going to be some bias here, but that isnt really indicative of it at all) but that doesn't excuse furthering it imp

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Bit unfair.
Era and MGS fans are very open about V's faults especially regarding story and elements of some repetitive mission structure.

86 is the consensus of a very good game though?
But yeah I get the divisive part; I keep saying expect some 3 or 4/10's sprinkled around which is fine.
Yea had a moment where 86 didn't make sense but my divisive range is between 7 and 10 as I don't think it will be that bad or broken that it will get 3 or 4's.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
it's Kojima game, so 90+ MC is certain and if the rumor is true about it's coming to PC (Epic store) then i'll try it and find out myself

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this game works out but regardless I'm down for a wild ride. Even if it's a middling game, I just want to experience Kojima's non-MGS output

I have a four day weekend that weekend, looking forward to spending it with Death Stranding.Still can't believe it actually made 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.