• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Final predictions for Death Stranding?

• 95-99 (Same as MGS2)

Votes: 101 6.4%
  • 90-94 (Same as MGS, MGS3, MGS4, MGSV)

Votes: 487 30.7%
  • 85-89 (Same as MGS: PW)

Votes: 512 32.3%
  • 80-84

Votes: 279 17.6%
  • 75-79

Votes: 135 8.5%
  • <75

Votes: 73 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Will be picking this up, regardless of review scores, next month when I get some extra cash. Can't wait!

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This was what the Voxel review had to say about the game's issues btw. Pretty much what I expected. Seems like a YMMV scenario, if you're cool with a slow burn then you're golden.

Despite having many good points, the title is not without its problems. The pace is undoubtedly one of the main obstacles. The game is very slow, time consuming and often dragging. Building the entire gameplay makes it worthwhile, but many elements take too long to appear.
It's understandable that Kojima's "director" montage wanted to go through, but surely appealing more to early gameplay elements wouldn't hurt. In short, Death Stranding looks like the biggest roller coaster in the world: it has a long climb (which I liked anyway) and makes it worth the descent and all the looping that follows, even if there are new climbs. However, the approach may alienate the skeptical.

TiredSecondaryIceblueredtopzebra.gif

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
From Voxel Brazil - 91/100

"If you like mysteries and loved the cryptic marketing campaign that Kojima alone can craft, leave this review right now and dive headfirst into the unknown. You see, that's where a huge part of the game's charm resides: having an ultmost personal experience and expect to be surprised"

Se você gosta de mistérios e tem amado a campanha nebulosa que só Kojima pode bancar, saia desta análise agora e mergulhe de cabeça rumo ao desconhecido. Sabe, aí é que está grande parte da graça do game: jogar, ter uma experiência bastante pessoal e esperar para ser surpreendido.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
"You know Mario, this really has been Luigi's Mansion 3".
I gotta move all these to spoiler threads.
I hope title drops become the industry standard this next gen.
"You know miss Maiden in Black? this truly feels like the Demon's Souls remake for the PlayStation 5 developed by Bluepoint".

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
It'll be good for sure, but I hope it'll be 90-94 range good just to show the industry that people are open to some unique AAA game.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Initial view shows what seems to be "zoo" at almost dead center of the circled area. Is Geoff saying this thread is indeed a zoo? Possible, and likely an accurate description.

A second pass pulls both the double o or 0 in combination of grass strands that tend to jump out at us because of their perpendicular configuration. The underline giving emphasis to the revealed incredible score, 100.
89bb3edd4e.jpg

It's still too early to tell. We have to go deeper.

boredandlazy

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
From Voxel Brazil - 91/100

"If you like mysteries and loved the cryptic marketing campaign that Kojima alone can craft, leave this review right now and dive headfirst into the unknown. You see, that's where a huge part of the game's charm resides: having an ultmost personal experience and expect to be surprised"

Se você gosta de mistérios e tem amado a campanha nebulosa que só Kojima pode bancar, saia desta análise agora e mergulhe de cabeça rumo ao desconhecido. Sabe, aí é que está grande parte da graça do game: jogar, ter uma experiência bastante pessoal e esperar para ser surpreendido.
Awesome. I've barely paid any attention to the media for this game so that's great for me

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Some points in this review for you guys:

- Kojima did it: Make delivers is fun. He played for 50 hours and is very 'comfy' to deliver packages.
- Combat started after 5-6 hours in the game, but it's not the focus.
- Stealth is really good.
- Memorable boss fights, but he wanted more.
- He thinks that the multiplayer is creating a new genre. A step ahead from souls multiplayer.
- He spent 10 hours just creating "a better world" (roads, etc). It's fun to mold this world.
- Original story and well made.
- Graphics are a sneak peek at next-gen.
- He didn't like the pacing.
- Empty open-world.

Main quote:
"Death Stranding is not a revolutionary game, but it sets up an unpublished picture with old pieces and brings a freshness of creativity to the market."

Zones

Oct 28, 2017
I am noticing a little bit less hostility around here since this game has been officially announced for PC.

And that's both good and bad.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
This is gonna be nuts honestly regardless if its a 99 or 10 on metacritic and im here for it.

Good luck to KojPro and everyone that helped on the project

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

- Kojima did it: Make delivers is fun. He played for 50 hours and is very 'comfy' to deliver packages.
- He thinks that the multiplayer is creating a new genre. A step ahead from souls multiplayer.
- He spent 10 hours just creating "a better world" (roads, etc). It's fun to mold this world.
- Empty open-world.

Main quote:
"Death Stranding is not a revolutionary game, but it sets up an unpublished picture with old pieces and brings a freshness of creativity to the market."

Music to my ears tbh. I wish I had a PS4 Pro to see this game at its best (well at least until the PC version comes out).

img_4313.gif

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
That voxel review is sounding good, main issues being slow opening, Could use more variety in visuals, difficulty and more bosses.

other than that it praises the aspects of DS, original and strong story, package delivery mechanics being surprisingly fun, 50 hour long campaign in addition to a lot of side quests, good gameplay pacing in giving the player more things to play with as you continue, praises the multiplayer aspect, one of the best looking games of the generation and runs at an extremely stable 30 FPS and a superb soundtrack.

all in all sounds like a great game

also there are a few pictures in the review and god damn it's jaw dropping

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017

- Empty open-world.

Main quote:

About as good as one could expect, tbh.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
That voxel review is sounding good, main issues being slow opening, Could use more variety in visuals, difficulty and more bosses.

other than that it praises the aspects of DS, original and strong story, package delivery mechanics being surprisingly fun, 50 hour long campaign in addition to a lot of side quests, good gameplay pacing in giving the player more things to play with as you continue, praises the multiplayer aspect, one of the best looking games of the generation and runs at an extremely stable 30 FPS and a superb soundtrack.

all in all sounds like a great game

also there are a few pictures in the review and god damn it's jaw dropping

All I want to know if the game will get more updates and support after release and possible future DLCs. I can't imagine an open world game with no further support or DLCs after launch.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
God I'm so tired guys. I need to go to sleep, but I want to see the reviews so badly.

Bless Kojima

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I'm expecting a resurgence of the 8.8 Fiasco.

Most people are expecting a divisive game. Zelda was a big hoo ha because people had convinced themselves that a direct follow up to the "greatest game of all time" OOT could only be better. A new IP in an experimental style has none of that pressure.