• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Kojima, why do we need to see this scene in detail.

If you want this scene included for some reason, just do a shot of her eyes behind the mask and show the progressing distress on her face/eyes.

We don't need to see a character's sexual humiliation... while also seeing her in her underwear.
To make you uncomfortable. That's why. The same reason movies insert rape scenes.

Zipzoom

May 27, 2019
10670cc08369a59d79942hsj0p.jpg
Who is this?

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would reserve judgment but Kojima doesn't really deserve it in this case, that panty shot is straight up annoying, I was really hoping we were past that shit.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
See, when I first heard of "being sent naked in the rain" I assumed it has to do with the fact that rain is bad and ages things, and I was like "are people overreacting over something that actually does make sense in universe as some form of punishment or execution." Like actual sense, not "breathe through her skin" sense. But seeing shots like that... yeah, that's just Kojima being Kojima.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Looking at this thread, I can see that I'll be ashamed of my words and deeds again.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Sure, I understand that as always he can't resist his fanservice trashy instincts.
As I said, he always did this and he won't change. Don't like it, don't support it. Simple.

Don't need to see her in her underwear to feel uncomfortable about her being tortured, maimed, and sexually humiliated tbh.
You can say the same about rape scenes in movies. You don't need them to make you uncomfortable, but put it will make you even more uncomfortable and hate even more who did that to the character.

Last edited:

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
You can say the same about rape scenes in movies. You don't need to make you uncomfortable, but put it will make you even more uncomfortable and hate even more who did that to the character.

This logic doens't work, if what's making people uncomfortable is not the fact that she is undressed but camera angles. Thus, they are going to hate the person who pointed camera there, not character that undressed her... thus, their ire would still be directed at Kojima. Camera is non diagetic, it's unrelated to Character motivations. And sure, it can convey them... but I'm sure sexy fanservice montage is not motivation of whoever did it.

Wanna make it look uncomfortable. Make it look humiliating and unpleasant. Making it sexy (and that's how the shot we see is coming off to me as far as director's intention) does exact opposite of that.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Making it sexy (and that's how the shot we see is coming off to me as far as director's intention) does exact opposite of that.
I don't find that sexy at all. Also, can't judge camera angles based only on a screenshot since I can't see the full shot.

I'm already ashamed of my words and deeds
Why waste your time here if you don't have anything to contribute with the discussion? Do you not have anything better to do with your life?

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's a screenshot of panties, not the scene itself. Im not sure what to think of it, but knowing kojima i wouldnt think it's anything subtle.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
idk I've been reading some spoilers and the idea of a game where I wander around in a cryptic world delivering packages with naked norman reedus appeals to me a lot

also people are saying that the pacing might be off but it was already off in the last two koijma games so i'm the least surprised about that. can't believe he's doing creepy shit about stripping women again tho