• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

DEATH STRANDING - Spoiler Thread

Jacobbles

Jan 10, 2018
Mostly my experience (except Higgs which I didn't like). Congrats on finishing and having a good time, you'll feel depressed from now on.
I should clarify, I mean specifically the MGS4-esque fistfight with Higgs, I loved that. The previous fight with him on the beach and the one before with the giant BT monster were pretty average.

Also, the "final boss" against the big BT whale was so lame. Kojima bosses used to be so fun and creative, but I feel like since Peace Walker they've mostly all turned into "shoot at this giant bullet sponge and occasionally avoid attacks" which is such a bummer.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I should clarify, I mean specifically the MGS4-esque fistfight with Higgs, I loved that. The previous fight with him on the beach and the one before with the giant BT monster were pretty average.

Also, the "final boss" against the big BT whale was so lame. Kojima bosses used to be so fun and creative, but I feel like since Peace Walker they've mostly all turned into "shoot at this giant bullet sponge and occasionally avoid attacks" which is such a bummer.
Yeah, I think the problem here is that the game mechanics just don't work well with combat so enemies are visibly nerfed when you fight them (like the stay away from you, don't attack, or attack the air).

It's weird that Higgs is pretty much the final boss but then there's this other whale boss that adds absolutely nothing lol.

Jangowuzhere

Oct 28, 2017

The beach fight with Higgs was pretty fun I thought. I liked picking up playstations and throwing them at him. That in itself was pretty funny.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Instead of a nondescript final boss you should have had to do some crazy traversal challenge on a Beach. Putting you through a gauntlet version of the Eastern Region was their attempt at making you use all your skills, but it came out a bit bland.

Jacobbles

Jan 10, 2018
Right before the whale boss is a section where you're being pursued by like 4 of those wolf BT things, and it's just easier to run rather than fight them. I feel like just leaving that there would have been a more enjoyable "final encounter" with BTs rather than throwing you into a really long dragged out boring fight that's hard to lose. Having you do a desperate run into the city with all those wolves on your heels would have felt cooler
Hey yall is there a guide or tip on the best side quest/side equipment stuff you can get?
I would also like to know this.

Voke

Oct 28, 2017
happy to finally be in this thread my MY GOD the pages pre-release are so painful to read.

So the part with Sam being cliffs son confused the hell outta me, and I couldn’t wrap my head around it because the ending crammed about 60 hours of mystery in an hour and a half.