• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Screenshot_2019-10-18_at_22.52.47.png

Screenshot_2019-10-18_at_22.56.17.png

I already spoke to BBQ_of_DOOM about this but this guy is a faker lmao. He's using a screenshot that Kojima posted on his Twitter ages ago and is trying to pass it off as his own as if he has the game when he doesn't.

This is the original fake post on 4chan that the dude on reddit ran with thinking it was real

EZin3Yl.png

I'd really appreciate if you removed that image as it's just gonna spread misinformation, lol.

I'm gonna be honest, from this point on, anything that talks about how "X" or "Y" happens in Chapter 3 is beyond fake now that we know reviewers aren't allowed to talk about Chapter 3+ thanks to the dude on Reddit who posted the bike gameplay. Here's what he had to say about the game btw.

1uMPfMe.png

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Lol, the user on reddit talking about BB deleted his post after getting called out.

That's what you get for trying to push fake spoilers 🤷‍♂️

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO

ah fuck was this fake?

I read some stuff in this thread last night that sounded absolutely amazing. Something about an EMP that went off creating a fog that lasted for 7 days and caused chaos through out the world and it created a portal to hell where living souls got trapped in some sort of inner dimensional world and that Mads Mikelsons character was literally the devil. It was late, so maybe I'm not remembering right lol! I probably missed some other stuff. So that's not really what happens then?

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Someone posted new footage of Sam riding his bike around the base to reddit but I can't find it again. Guess it got deleted

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
I only here just for the ACTUAL gameplay loop so i can finally decide whether to get this at launch or not.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Read through this thread and I feel like I know less than when I started, lol

Del Toro looks so cuddly but is a hologram so Reedus can't hug him :-(

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Any explaination yet why the US look like Ireland now?
Kojima's words, but he said he wanted to make the world feel 'prehistoric', to restore it to its natural state.

In game lore is that the Time Fall rain did it reverting the landscape back to its primal state. Also becomes a game mechanic as Time Fall also degrades any player made structures and also restores any void out craters over time.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
If reviewers can't talk about the game after chapter 3, then how they gonna review the game and how they gonna convince players with this game if they can't reveal the amazing parts of it like new weapons or places or enw gameplay mechanics. Chapter is too early in the game to make a judgment about the whole game.
Sometimes game devs provide demos of their games that take places even after such early chapters to provide them with the most fun, great location and better weapons to encourage them to get the game.

Last edited:

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
In game lore is that the Time Fall rain did it reverting the landscape back to its primal state. Also becomes a game mechanic as Time Fall also degrades any player made structures and also restores any void out craters over time.
I love when games come up with creative, in- game justifications for game mechanics.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay so if link my own twitter account in a post where i say "oh my god 24 hours straight of death stranding this will be the biggest game changer in the medium of entertainment. The most important work of art to have ever existed, the citizen kane of our era" then post a bunch of screenshots i took online to try to pass them off as my own, i can get a ton of followers?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Okay so if link my own twitter account in a post where i say "oh my god 24 hours straight of death stranding this will be the biggest game changer in the medium of entertainment. The most important work of art to have ever existed, the citizen kane of our era" then post a bunch of screenshots i took online to try to pass them off as my own, i can get a ton of followers?
giphy.gif

Opening Story Flow

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
That's not a bad playtime for games these days.

Sorry I mistyped, 33 hours without side quests.

Opening story flow is as follows..
Motorcycle scene with the birds falling dead
Small walk to the cave
Cave scene with Fragile
Car crash (part 1)
First trailer
Car crash (part 2)
Deadman lab

Looks like the leak is from someone who is or was streaming.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Just like with the RDR2 Spoiler Thread before launch, any gameplay that comes in like streams or whatever I'll record and reupload so y'all can watch it

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I mistyped, 33 hours without side quests.

Opening story flow is as follows..
Motorcycle scene with the birds falling dead
Small walk to the cave
Cave scene with Fragile
Car crash (part 1)
First trailer
Car crash (part 2)
Deadman lab

Looks like the leak is from someone who is or was streaming.

This is almost the perfect length.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Same honestly. lol

So looks like all the prerelease trailers are actually in the game. NPCs refer to Sam to as a "legend" for some reason....

Part of the opening after the KPJ logo.
1571516641998.png

Like past MGS games you can control the camera during cutscenes.
The visuals here really remind me of "The Drop" trailer tbh, looks very nice, no way it's in-game though lol.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Same honestly. lol

So looks like all the prerelease trailers are actually in the game. NPCs refer to Sam to as a "legend" for some reason....

Part of the opening after the KPJ logo.
1571516641998.png

Like past MGS games you can control the camera during cutscenes.

That looks bonkers. PS4 Pro?

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Tried digging more in that thread. Player said encountering the B.Ts is stressful but was still early in the game too. Seems like there are impressions from someone who finished it and then images being shared via a friend of someone streaming.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
So...any specific gameplay Impressions? is it what Kojima said and he simply made walking/climbing/swimming/traversal gamified and dare I say "fun"?

Streamer is on reddit?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Tried digging more in that thread. Player said encountering the B.Ts is stressful but was still early in the game too. Seems like there are impressions from someone who finished it and then images being shared via a friend of someone streaming.
Just noticed that thread was made 3 hours ago and the last time the dude responded with some pics was an hour ago, think they're done for tonight.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
smh at people who thought this would be some 100 hour game.25- 30 hours sounds great.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
That looks bonkers. PS4 Pro?

More than likely CG and done by Kyle Cooper.

So...any specific gameplay Impressions? is it what Kojima said and he simply made walking/climbing/swimming/traversal gamified and dare I say "fun"?

Streamer is on reddit?

Not much for impressions. Interesting point about the controls screen that someone pointed out is how they're listed as basic and a couple of the D-pad controls are hidden or not used...

Edit: man 4chan is confusing for me lol I have no idea who is posting and who is legit. Someone is saying Zendaya is in the game, which I doubt lol, and then another is going off about how big of a game changer it is.

Zendaya thing might be real....lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Interesting point about the controls screen that someone pointed out is how they're listed as basic and a couple of the D-pad controls are hidden or not used...
Take a look at the dpad buttons. This is obviously very early in the game, because the right dpad's function is hidden, and in all the early game footage we've seen, it's been the structure menu. But even the furthest footage and UI imagery we've seen has the down dpad as crossed out. I believe after chapter 3 some gameplay mechanic will be introduced and will be utilized by the down dpad.

Two early sketches of the EVCA (Ludens) suit featured it with a sword and shield, so it might have special abilities/weapons that you could switch from with the down dpad.

🤔

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
More than likely CG and done by Kyle Cooper.

Not much for impressions. Interesting point about the controls screen that someone pointed out is how they're listed as basic and a couple of the D-pad controls are hidden or not used...

Edit: man 4chan is confusing for me lol I have no idea who is posting and who is legit. Someone is saying Zendaya is in the game, which I doubt lol, and then another is going off about how big of a game changer it is.

Yeah it takes some getting used to for sure.

Honestly I just want to see some screenshots or video. :D

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I like the idea that a major gameplay mechanic gets introduced around Chapter 3 which would explain why those under embargo aren't allowed to talk about it

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Mads was playable tbh, maybe it's related to Hades/The Other Side