• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
Or you could learn to make great games in order to try to inspire people to come together and build bridges ;)
Not that that seems to work ever, but that doesn't seem to stop artists from trying.

as long as those bridges let me project my fetishes while I go "don't worry guys, it's super artistic and has to be part of my story to make everything come together!" then count me in!

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
??????????????

I'm saying that there will probably be a scene that introduces how the rain ages people before this scene.

If they choose this scene to be the scene that does that, that would be pretty weird as.... this is a torture scene that should have a very different feel than a "holy shit, what is the rain doing to me!" scene.
If someone doesn't mention the rain in the game, I'm pretty sure this is how they'll introduce. I mean, she's probably the character who most suffered from the timefall. Thinking now, her name it's probably Fragile because of her body and not just because of the company's name.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
??????????????

I'm saying that there will probably be a scene that introduces how the rain ages people before this scene.

If they choose this scene to be the scene that does that, that would be pretty weird as.... this is a torture scene that should have a very different feel than a "holy shit, what is the rain doing to me!" scene.

IIRC, it was in one of the trailers. the dude voiced by Yuri Lowenthal had it happen to him. Of course he wasn't stripped down and had cheescake shots done to him so I may be mis-remembering

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
to all the people complaining about kojima "creepiness", dont play the game! dont support it! no one is forcing you to play. let it go, this is his style. I hope he doesnt change it because the echo chamber is upset, i want to see his vision even the "creepy" stuff.
Joined today and your first post is complaining about ''echo chambers'' and wanting to see the creepy stuff.

Yeah, that makes sense.

elhefe

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Snake was also like 30 polygons when he was tortured.

Big Boss was tortured without a shirt on to show the violence done to his body.

We know how badly this will damage her body (probably, would be weird if this is how the aging is introduced!) so don't know if need to show it while she's in panties.

I don't think it would have the same affect if higgs let her keep pants on ..

elhefe

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Again, I'm really asking, if kojima bothers you this much with his approach to sexuality why do you want to play this game? Why are you going to give him money? There's plenty of other games that avoid this "taboo".

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Just wait until people find out that Lea Seydoux is a french actress and see her movie appearances.

This scene gonna feel like visiting your parents-in-law tame in comparison lmao

Oct 25, 2017
Again, I'm really asking, if kojima bothers you this much with his approach to sexuality why do you want to play this game? Why are you going to give him money? There's plenty of other games that avoid this "taboo".
There are people who won't buy or play the game because it does bother them that much. There will be others who will still buy or play the game even if it does bother them because it doesn't bother them enough to not buy or play it. Not everything has to be an either/or.

Before you go, you should head over to this thread to learn about some of this stuff:
www.resetera.com

Why women criticise sexualised character designs |OT2| I have no pants and I must scream (READ OP) OT

Please read these notable posts before participating in the thread, if you have not done so already!

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is it though? I dont spend my money on things I don't support or care for. If it succeeds, good for it but I am not going to go out of my way to get upset, cry and complain until they change what i dont like about something. if the "panty shot" upsets you enough to feel disgusted towards the game and kojima, why are you going to play it/ buy it? im genuinely asking. is it to continue to upset yourself? are looking for something to be angry about?
Who the fuck is saying for it to be removed ?

You do understand a person is capable of criticising a work of art, while still enjoying it. You are familiar with such a concept ?
yeah this stuff happens in real life (not timefall/ rain but rape and other evils) so why cant he include it into his game to tell a story? murder/ killing is in the game, isnt that a just as bad?
Again. Who said he can't do it.

Kojima has shown time and time again, he's not capable of dealing with such topics when any deft or grace.
Good old Puritan Americans uncomfortable with sexuality
oF5wyVu.gif

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Like, Marvel has a lot of fanservice and is willing to sexualize Captain America and Thor but like... They're still very strong characters who care about a lot of stuff and have development and do badass stuff instead of just being sexualized and or victimized.

Quiet is not a strong character.

The bosses in MGS4 are the four worst characters Kojima has ever written.
You think Marvel is the only objectification of men? Why did you just pull one specific example for no reason?

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Imagine thinking that Kojima has the camera focus on women's underwear as some sort of attempt at high art.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Funny how people complain about this scene but having Norman Reedus walking around naked all the time is apparently a-okey.

The fact that in your mind one character being tortured and sexually humiliated with a visual close up on their underwear and a mask to dehumanise them in one scene is equivalent to another character happening to be naked doing mostly normal shit whilst not being objectified by the camerawork at all is fucking wild.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
boy the last few pages was.... something.

Of course there's a way to show a woman being tortured without it being seen as sexualised, but I haven't seen Kojima ever doing that. So the concerns are valid.

The fact that the screenshot was of a closeup of her abs or panties really didnt help either.

Deleted member 19213

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My primary concern is this game will suck, and based on reading the spoilers, it seems to be heading in that direction. The story seems intriguing, but strange, and from what I'm reading about the gameplay, it seems rather disappointing.

Maybe context will explain some of the controversy... idk.... I'm used to that weird stuff from Kojima's games. At least the MGS series always had enough good to offset the weird stuff Kojima is known for. Raiden in MGS2 was completely naked during one section of the game, and he was abused sexually, I believe. I seem to remember Ocelot grabbing his crotch at one point, or maybe some other character.

Deleted member 19213

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like, Marvel has a lot of fanservice and is willing to sexualize Captain America and Thor but like... They're still very strong characters who care about a lot of stuff and have development and do badass stuff instead of just being sexualized and or victimized.

Quiet is not a strong character.

The bosses in MGS4 are the four worst characters Kojima has ever written.

Quiet is the strongest character in MGS5. Not that it's saying much, but I remember her backstory being the most interesting once that was explored. The story as a whole was pretty awful, however. Her character being the strongest is just a testament to how terrible MGS5's story was.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My primary concern is this game will suck, and based on reading the spoilers, it seems to be heading in that direction. The story seems intriguing, but strange, and from what I'm reading about the gameplay, it seems rather disappointing.

Maybe context will explain some of the controversy... idk.... I'm used to that weird stuff from Kojima's games. At least the MGS series always had enough good to offset the weird stuff Kojima is known for. Raiden in MGS2 was completely naked during one section of the game, and he was abused sexually, I believe. I seem to remember Ocelot grabbing his crotch at one point, or maybe some other character.
MX8xmIE.gif

They're not even remotely the same thing. As has been explained time and time again. This thread included.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who cares about all this shit if the game is trash anyway. Listening to the Beastcast didn't exactly get me excited to try.

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait to see if Lea Seydoux has a problem with it. If she doesn't, I don't really see a need to get up in arms about it.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait to see if Lea Seydoux has a problem with it. If she doesn't, I don't really see a need to get up in arms about it.
Whether she's fine with it or not, it doesn't invalidate the criticism at all. That's not how this works. FFS.

And people pointing are just pointing out fuckery, not getting up in arms about it. There's a big difference.

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whether she's fine with it or not, it doesn't invalidate the criticism at all. That's not how this works. FFS.

And people pointing are just pointing out fuckery, not getting up in arms about it. There's a big difference.
Why wouldn't it? if it's not bothering the person it would bother the most directly, why should it bother us?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are you referring to? That the weird stuff in Kojima's old games don't compare to the controversial leaked scene in Death Stranding?
You seem to be making the Kojima sexualise both sexes equally, which isn't true.

And isn't the whole reason are calling this out.
Why wouldn't it? if it's not bothering the person it would bother the most directly, why should it bother us?
Because it's about representation

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

This is the same chick who had a full on completely naked lesbian scene in Blue is the Warmest Color. I don't think she'd be upset over a camera cut that shows her lower waist with underwear on.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
This is the same chick who had a full on completely naked lesbian scene in Blue is the Warmest Color. I don't think she'd be upset over a camera cut that shows her lower waist with underwear on.
... And if you actual research about it, you will see that both actresses were really uncomfortable about how the director handled the situation