• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, i expected spoilers but everything i read is just a boring over dramatic upset about something.
The people who were pointing out the fuckery weren't being over dramatic. But rather the people complaining about those of us rolling our eyes at the scene.

I didn't have to be like this.
It's just the same person doing their thing. It happened in the past Kojima thread.
Who, me ?

how so ?

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
let me try to steer this thread back on track here and ask if anything happens post game? though it seems like we won't be getting any spoilers for a while until maybe November. Maybe we should lock this thread until then?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Btw, during TGS, Kojima talked about a crucial character that he wouldn't reveal like the others he did. I don't think he is talking about those side quests VIPs because there are plenty of them and you can't say one is more important than the other.
Does anyone know who is that crucial character to the game?

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
milywiu1eou31.png

Translation: "With her company, Fragile Express, Fragile transports supllies in the whole continent"

So, as I imagined, her name is due to her body condition.

Deguello

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I'm pretty surprised Sony allowed this amount of sexual content through with Death Stranding. Didn't they say that it was their goal to "shield and protect children from things they might find unpleasant?" Did they remove this policy? I'd hate to think that Sony's firm stance in favor of protecting children could be so easily compromised by a big name like Kojima. I'd also hate to think that Sony has different standards for games from developers outside of SIE. That would be a pretty bad look to stand on moral grounds against this type of content while allowing their published and internal studios to publish the same or similar content, apparently without consequence.

Oct 20, 2019
St. Petersburg, Russia
I'm pretty surprised Sony allowed this amount of sexual content through with Death Stranding. Didn't they say that it was their goal to "shield and protect children from things they might find unpleasant?" Did they remove this policy? I'd hate to think that Sony's firm stance in favor of protecting children could be so easily compromised by a big name like Kojima. I'd also hate to think that Sony has different standards for games from developers outside of SIE. That would be a pretty bad look to stand on moral grounds against this type of content while allowing their published and internal studios to publish the same or similar content, apparently without consequence.
Death Stranding is rated M. If some children see some shocking content, the responsibility lies with their parents, not Sony. I'm glad they do not force such a censorship shielding themselves with some "care about children" bs, because that's kinda low and pathetic.

Oct 27, 2017
What amount of sexual content are we talking about?

Deguello

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Death Stranding is rated M. If some children see some shocking content, the responsibility lies with their parents, not Sony. I'm glad they do not force such a censorship shielding themselves with some "care about children" bs, because that's kinda low and pathetic.

Sony has requested or has been alleged to have requested Capcom alter the sexual content of Devil May Cry 5, which was also rated M. What I'm alluding to is Sony Japan president Atsushi Morita saying:

"Regarding the regulation of the depiction of content, it's simply a matter of matching global standards." "As for the freedom of expression… we have to think about what might be unpleasant for children and shield them from those things while also thinking and assessing ways to find a balance [for that expression]."

Now I'm wondering if Sony has abandoned this policy of sanitizing M-rated games for children, or perhaps there is an exception carved out for Hideo Kojima or maybe an exception carved out for Sony-published titles that third party publishers are not privy to. Did Capcom not pay the "freedom of expression" fee in their license agreement? Why are Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions, and Sony themselves allowed to publish content that they would inhibit in other works?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Sony has requested or has been alleged to have requested Capcom alter the sexual content of Devil May Cry 5, which was also rated M. What I'm alluding to is Sony Japan president Atsushi Morita saying:

Now I'm wondering if Sony has abandoned this policy of sanitizing M-rated games for children, or perhaps there is an exception carved out for Hideo Kojima or maybe an exception carved out for Sony-published titles that third party publishers are not privy to. Did Capcom not pay the "freedom of expression" fee in their license agreement? Why are Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions, and Sony themselves allowed to publish content that they would inhibit in other works?
But DMC5 was patched later on to include that scene on PS4? and many western games had full nudity without any censorship (TW3, Bioware games, RDR2 etc..). I always assumed the "censorship" was about Japanese games with sexual content of underage girls.

Deguello

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
But DMC5 was patched later on to include that scene on PS4? and many western games had full nudity without any censorship (TW3, Bioware games, RDR2 etc..). I always assumed the "censorship" was about Japanese games with sexual content of underage girls.

It seems that Sony's content policy is a more recent thing, after the release of Witcher 3 and such. Although to be fair, I did not conceive it to be an East vs. West thing. That may be the case, but it is odd that they are willing to demand content alteration from Capcom and let a Hideo Kojima game slip by without such restrictions. This makes me think Sony's content policy is for companies that aren't Sony, apparently. Unless there is another explanation that isn't able to be gleaned at this juncture? Are they charging a "freedom of expression" fee in their license agreement like I exaggerated?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
It seems that Sony's content policy is a more recent thing, after the release of Witcher 3 and such. Although to be fair, I did not conceive it to be an East vs. West thing. That may be the case, but it is odd that they are willing to demand content alteration from Capcom and let a Hideo Kojima game slip by without such restrictions. This makes me think Sony's content policy is for companies that aren't Sony, apparently. Unless there is another explanation that isn't able to be gleaned at this juncture? Are they charging a "freedom of expression" fee in their license agreement like I exaggerated?
RDR2 was last year, and DMC5 now has that scene after it was patched in a couple of weeks after release. I don't believe Sony ever tried to censor these games. It was always about underage girls in Japanese games unless I'm missing something?

Deguello

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
RDR2 was last year, and DMC5 now has that scene after it was patched in a couple of weeks after release. I don't believe Sony ever tried to censor these games. It was always about underage girls in Japanese games unless I'm missing something?

DMC5 was released in censored state though, and only after fan outcry and exposure did they remove it. I don't think anybody really knows, aside from Sony Japan's president's stated purpose to "protect children." TBH It seems like it might be more that big time publishers and developers are exempt from this policy altogether, so the notion that Sony is doing all this to "protect children" is complete hogwash. I'm not what the real reason is though. All I know of the cause is the effect.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 was released in censored state though, and only after fan outcry and exposure did they remove it. I don't think anybody really knows, aside from Sony Japan's president's stated purpose to "protect children." TBH It seems like it might be more that big time publishers and developers are exempt from this policy altogether, so the notion that Sony is doing all this to "protect children" is complete hogwash. I'm not what the real reason is though. All I know of the cause is the effect.
But the fan outcry about "censorship" existed long before DMC5 and Sony didn't budge. Not to mention the PC version of the game was also censored in the same way so Idk how you can be sure Sony was the reason when other version of the game had the same censorship (which was fixed a couple of weeks later).

And again Sony didn't censor any game with nudity related to adults. Sony problem lies with Japanese titles with underage content so unless you have an example of a game that doesn't promote pedophilia (and isn't dmc:v which didn't just involve the ps4 version) I can't see how you can assume Sony have problem with all nudity.

Noob

Oct 25, 2017
Has any reviewer beaten the game yet? Would like to know how long it takes for a normal run through.
Looks like a fun game, but also looks like a very hard game. I read that there will be stealth but not as much as MSG5? Is that true?