• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
So euhmm i'm scared to read in this thread but i would love spoiler free impressions. Did most people like the game? Is the gameplay good? Is there anything worthy that can be spoiled except for the story?
Thanks

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Some cameos:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have been planing to do a longer post about that scene and why it bugs people.

But i'll keep it brief for now. It's not the scene itself. But the leering camera work, which is totally inappropriate given the context of the scene. It's not the time for a fan service shot.

I'll try to add it that later.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Some cameos:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Sam Lake and Hermen Hulst confirmed days ago from Discord leaker, dunno the second person in that pic.

The launch traielr confirmed all those leaks. In fact it seems Kojima got an idea of what has been leaked and I guess he maybe showed those stuff on purpose in this launch trailer.

driveninhifi

Jun 7, 2018
One interesting thing:
In the scene with Mama and her sister (?) she's holding a star wrapped with thread. That's how Odradek is described in the original Kafka story. Which is also the name of the star shaped sensor thing that BB plugs into.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances we'll see something of an Easter egg alluding to the Boss and the Cobras in the WWII Hades section?

Leakers said there's some cool callbacks right?

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Apparently not

though if I hadn't read a lot of this thread beforehand some of that countdown stream music really sounded like BGM thatd play on the moon
That's exactly what I've always thought - with that space-y, sci-fi synth rift that plays in the trailers, usually at the end with the Kojima Productions logo. If we don't go to the moon in that Ludens spacesuit that would be insane. That spacesuit was the first thing we ever saw from this game and it became the Kojima Productions logo and mascot - if it's not from this game, what does it represent? It's fairly obvious judging by the eyes that it's Norman Reedus inside of it.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not interested in story spoilers, but if anyone is aware of how far building stuff goes I'd appreciate a reply. What's the most elaborate stuff you can make or encounter in the game?

Deleted member 2379

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So BB's are essentially babies taken from the wombs of mothers who are braindead (Stillmothers). The Stillmothers are kept physically alive but brain dead in the capital city. The mother's must be kept alive for the BB's to have a connection and see the BTs.

For "reasons", these BB's are put in the container which convinces the BB's they are in the mother's womb. BB's can sense the BT's. You connect to the BB so that you can sense the BT's as well. The BB's get stressed and think that they aren't in the womb and thus you have to calm them. If they get too stressed you have to go to the private room and connect them to an incubator. The incubator resets the mixture in the container and convinces the BBs that they are back in the mother. They use Oxytocin to pacify the BBs.

The BB's are just "equipment", you are told not to get attached and they are gotten rid of after a year because that is the only length of time that they can sense the BTs. They cannot survive outside of the container. You are trying to recover the past to see if you can change that.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
So BB's are essentially babies taken from the wombs of mothers who are braindead (Stillmothers). The Stillmothers are kept physically alive but brain dead in the capital city. The mother's must be kept alive for the BB's to have a connection and see the BTs.

For "reasons", these BB's are put in the container which convinces the BB's they are in the mother's womb. BB's can sense the BT's. You connect to the BB so that you can sense the BT's as well. The BB's get stressed and think that they aren't in the womb and thus you have to calm them. If they get too stressed you have to go to the private room and connect them to an incubator. The incubator resets the mixture in the container and convinces the BBs that they are back in the mother. They use Oxytocin to pacify the BBs.

The BB's are just "equipment", you are told not to get attached and they are gotten rid of after a year because that is the only length of time that they can sense the BTs. They cannot survive outside of the container. You are trying to recover the past to see if you can change that.
1477321451-confused-gif.gif

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Deleted member 2379

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One more for good measure:
There are cutscenes from the POV of the BBs inferring that they are actually alive and experiencing and remembering things. They see things and aren't just a fetus. Thus the BBs know what is going on to an extent and people in this world are just "eliminating" them after use.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The whole ending is up on YouTube. There's aspects of it I like but a certain character has like five death scenes in a row that reminded me of the ending to Deadpool 2.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
One more for good measure:
There are cutscenes from the POV of the BBs inferring that they are actually alive and experiencing and remembering things. They see things and aren't just a fetus. Thus the BBs know what is going on to an extent and people in this world are just "eliminating" them after use.
on the BBs

right, but this is very clearly framed as a really bad thing that shouldn't be happening? so i don't really understand why it's offensive

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Looks like all the cut scenes are on YouTube now. I won't be watching them, but in total they are 8 hours. For comparison, MGSV had 3 hours of cutscenes so we can be assured that this game is a return to Kojima's cutscene extravaganza.