• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
So as it is more out in the wild can anyone tell me which chapter the whole Fragile sexual torture scene is and if their is anything else like that other naked norman reedus ( Underwear/ Nudity and sexual tortureish stuff)

Protodude

Oct 25, 2017
So as it is more out in the wild can anyone tell me which chapter the whole Fragile sexual torture scene is and if their is anything else like that other naked norman reedus ( Underwear/ Nudity and sexual tortureish stuff)
This. That one Paz cassette tape in GZ was bad enough. I can't stomach it

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
It is partly for me so i can be ready and my Fiance wants to watch me play it and well id rather know those parts so i we can either skip it or look away and listen depending how bad it is.
From what I've seen, it's rather tame for a Kojima game. The only parts are the Fragile torture scene and naked norman.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know when the torture scene is though would not like that sprung up randomly
Pretty sure it's Chapter 2. The scene opens with Fragile telling Sam that she has a history with Higgs and details her capture. Once the flashback starts, she's in his custody. I would skip the cutscene at this point if you're sensitive to that type of imagery. It's the only scene like it in the game for what it's worth, it's incredibly tasteless though decidedly less voyeuristic than any other Kojima game.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Pretty sure it's Chapter 2. The scene opens with Fragile telling Sam that she has a history with Higgs and details her capture. Once the flashback starts, she's in his custody. I would skip the cutscene at this point if you're sensitive to that type of imagery. It's the only scene like it in the game for what it's worth, it's incredibly tasteless though decidedly less voyeuristic than any other Kojima game.
like Quiet was sort of like eh but their were not as many cutscenes and i could generally ignore it but i guess at least its better that he improved im not sure if thats progress though

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
what cutscene compilation movie are people watching? I'm never gonna play this game but i'd like to see what people are complaining about lol

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So is the ending pretty much closed ended or does it offer some hint of a potential sequel?

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
what cutscene compilation movie are people watching? I'm never gonna play this game but i'd like to see what people are complaining about lol

This is the one that I watched some earlier, including the last hour long series of cut scenes. Honestly I was rather shocked by how piss poor the writing and acting was for this stuff. I really can't see how this would be any fun to sit through 8+ hours of these cut scenes in between the package delivery mechanics.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is that moon rumour real or fake?
You do not go to the moon in this game. For how heavily it was foreshadowed and how well one can visualize the gameplay systems mapping to it, it sure was disappointing that it never materialized.

On an unrelated note, I think the facial capture work in this game just might be a new high watermark for the medium. Assuming it's not pre-rendered in spots, some of the facial work in the last act is downright phenomenal. It's not enough to elevate bad writing and melodrama but MAN is that tech impressive.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the one that I watched some earlier, including the last hour long series of cut scenes. Honestly I was rather shocked by how piss poor the writing and acting was for this stuff. I really can't see how this would be any fun to sit through 8+ hours of these cut scenes in between the package delivery mechanics.

i can understand not liking the writing but you completely lose me when you go after the acting. it is really phenomenal, especially Margaret Qualley, Lea Seydoux and Troy Baker

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
You do not go to the moon in this game. For how heavily it was foreshadowed and how well one can visualize the gameplay systems mapping to it, it sure was disappointing that it never materialized.

On an unrelated note, I think the facial capture work in this game just might be a new high watermark for the medium. Assuming it's not pre-rendered in spots, some of the facial work in the last act is downright phenomenal. It's not enough to elevate bad writing and melodrama but MAN is that tech impressive.
Darn :( question is the ending or climax very intense or crazy like the moon situation?

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

Ok giving this a shot since I'll probably never play the actual game but the story looks weird enough to take a glance.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
I think Alex Navarro was on to something when he said the MGS craziness earned its stripes over the course of many titles, where this shit cranks it up to 10 immediately and thus any drama rings hollow and shallow.

It's a shame Kojima doesn't have faith in his audience to understand metaphors so he quite extensively belabors the exposition all the way through to the end.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
I think Alex Navarro was on to something when he said the MGS craziness earned its stripes over the course of many titles, where this shit cranks it up to 10 immediately and thus any drama rings hollow and shallow.

It's a shame Kojima doesn't have faith in his audience to understand metaphors so he quite extensively belabors the exposition all the way through to the end.

I very much agree with this.

Livetohard378

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 17, 2019
As someone who has played way to much of this game since release. I like a lot of this game however, if this cinematic style is the future the scene by scene dialogue has to get way better.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I actually find the character interactions way more natural in DS compared to MGS4 which I played just three days ago.

Maybe it's just the actors/better tech?

Oct 25, 2017

I ended up watching most of this last night, with heavy finger on the right key. Fascinating how underwritten and overwritten the game is. The overall story needed a good one or two rewrites/heavy editing passes, and overelaborates on concepts that just aren't fleshed out that well.

Like I find the whole Extinction Entity concept really doesn't integrate all that well into the greater story. Like I get that they needed a reason for Bridget to be able to get everything kicking off.... but it really makes the last hour and a half of scenes (and lord knows how long in game time it takes) feel really clunky. The Death Stranding occurred because she wanted to explore the concept of the beach and had very little to do with her being an EE? It all just felt like it needed a couple more writing passes. Like the whole notion of being an EE and Extinctions in general seems like it could have been left out and made for a much more focused story. Had a very late-game overly-convoluted Final Fantasy 'and this is why this is the real big bad the whole time' feel to it.

Also the timelines don't really feel like they make sense when everything is brought together, but thats another topic.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Another Movie Edition, get it while it is hot with a downloader. At least 9 hours and 20 minutes of cutscenes:

20 to 25% of the game are cinematics. NICE. I´ll wait to see this for myself in the game.

And another ending compilation that wasn´t take out. 2 hours? VERY NICE.

Last edited:

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Considering the whole Luden's character being blatantly Norman Reedus in a spacesuit and the Sci-Fi, moonish-sounding music in the soundtrack and trailers, as well as blatant references to the moon in the actual game; that is beyond a bad decision and a tremendous disappointment.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Considering the whole Luden's character being blatantly Norman Reedus in a spacesuit and the Sci-Fi, moonish-sounding music in the soundtrack and trailers, as well as blatant references to the moon in the actual game; that is beyond a bad decision and a tremendous disappointment.

Do you think there could be room for DLC?

Conscience

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Blindly walking in here to ask if BB dies, apologies if this has been asked before. I can't stomach infants being hurt or killed in any form of media and while I'm super interested in the game and want to play it I need to know if BB is okay at the end of this before I can keep going.

I've seen the launch trailer so I know at the very least it gets hurt which already isn't great.

Oct 26, 2017
Blindly walking in here to ask if BB dies, apologies if this has been asked before. I can't stomach infants being hurt or killed in any form of media and while I'm super interested in the game and want to play it I need to know if BB is okay at the end of this before I can keep going.

I've seen the launch trailer so I know at the very least it gets hurt which already isn't great.

So this is actually pretty complicated to answer.

A BB gets shot and killed but then comes back to life.

Last edited:

Conscience

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So this is actually pretty complicated to answer.

A BB gets shot and killed but then comes back to life.

Ah, okay. I'm assuming the whole shot bit is the one from the launch trailer then. That'll be difficult to stomach but if it comes back to life I think I can handle it.

Thanks for the response, genuinely appreciate it.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, okay. I'm assuming the whole shot bit is the one from the launch trailer then. That'll be difficult to stomach but if it comes back to life I think I can handle it.

Thanks for the response, genuinely appreciate it.

you already have an inkling it's coming back to life when it happens, as well, if I remember the order of things right.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017

Pro tip from a slightly oversensitive old man. Don't play the game. And don't watch the cutscenes on youtube either. The story is not just about your BB. For me it went under my skin and got me nauseous, had to turn down the volume at times and just read the subtitles, I still managed to watch til the end and I'm in awe over Kojima's storytelling but this is a very very dark story that are pulling at some seriously sensitive strings for parents, even if there are some light trying to shine through I can't recommend it to a sensitive person.

Naudyboy

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 6, 2019
Posted this in the OT thread but no one responded so I figure I'll post it here.

I'm about an hour into the game and I have to admit the intro really got me. It was so well done, the music playing as you're delivering you're first package it was awesome. But now that I'm invested I do have a question. I'll post with spoiler tags.

Question about BTs:Okay, as the first few minutes of the game suggest, are BTs humanoid?

They long like elongated humans but trailers and videos have shown them to be whales and lions?

Them being humanoid is much more interesting than wild animals.

Im genuinely interested in the game now. Glad I got it from Red Box.

Xam3l

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
At last theres more people playing the game, because theres a heck of stuff I wanna know about the game.

A couple of days ago I've come across a strange phenomena, that I've only saw once. I saw some kind of black hole opening above the ground, followed by a lightning bolt. Does anyone saw something like this?

Livetohard378

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Finally wrapped it up this morning before work. ( Got a bit of an early start) I would say it has the opposite issue I had with RDR2. Good gameplay but poor writing.

The overall world building is some of the best this gen. But, for me it feels like they tried to fit way to many story elements into one project.

May 17, 2019
Mads is a wasted opportunity. A stalking sinister soldier wandering across battlefields is much more compelling than generic creepy masked man #3546

May 17, 2019
Someone drop a summary of the entire plot,twists included.

From a youtube comment by KNChoudhury

Sam was born from a "stillmother" - which I expect is someone stuck in a coma or is brain dead - named Lisa Bridges. His father was Clifford Unger, a former US Spec Ops Captain. He agreed to work with President Strand to help save his son and wife, but later realized that his prematurely born baby son would be used as a prototype BB, to lay a foundation of the chiral network. The nature of baby Sam's birth meant he, as a BB, had an equal connection between the sides of the living and the dead, and the orange vessel he was kept in would maintain that state - meaning he would stay in that fashion, never growing up to be a proper child. Cliff rebelled; killing his comatose wife to put her out of her misery, and attempting to escape with BB Sam from the facility, but was cornered and gunned down. Unfortunately for President Strand, BB Sam was killed as collateral damage. In the limbo region called Beach, where's the Ka- Half of Strand, Amelie, resides, BB Sam was found. Amelie and Strand - both two halves of the same person - decided, out of maternal affection, to use their EE powers and revive the BB - which makes the revived Sam a repatriate: someone who can return from Limbo post death. The nature of the process, owing to an unforseen side-effect, triggered Death Stranding - a significant dissolution of the barriers between the realms of living and dead. Many creatures from the living plane were transported to the Beach plane, while roaming spirits from the Limbo plane, called BTs, were in turn transported to the plane of the Living. This caused sizeable apocalyptic events; the plane of death, and the BTs in essence are composed of antimatter, and when they devour someone who is alive, the reaction causes a Massive Explosion that leaves a crater. Since the events of Sam's death and revival occurred first on US, that is where the phenomenon of Death Stranding gradually began to occur, laying waste to most of the US in the process. The revived baby Sam no longer could serve as a BB, but the research data until the point were sufficient to produce artificial clones of baby Sam to be used as BT detectors and other purposes. The real baby Sam was adopted by President Strand and raised as her own son. As an adult, he marries a woman, but an unfortunate miscarriage and death causes a voidout of his wife's body, and Sam, suffering both from losing his wife, his unborn child, and public persecution, leaves his life to become a delivery guy...

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
From a youtube comment by KNChoudhury

Sam was born from a "stillmother" - which I expect is someone stuck in a coma or is brain dead - named Lisa Bridges. His father was Clifford Unger, a former US Spec Ops Captain. He agreed to work with President Strand to help save his son and wife, but later realized that his prematurely born baby son would be used as a prototype BB, to lay a foundation of the chiral network. The nature of baby Sam's birth meant he, as a BB, had an equal connection between the sides of the living and the dead, and the orange vessel he was kept in would maintain that state - meaning he would stay in that fashion, never growing up to be a proper child. Cliff rebelled; killing his comatose wife to put her out of her misery, and attempting to escape with BB Sam from the facility, but was cornered and gunned down. Unfortunately for President Strand, BB Sam was killed as collateral damage. In the limbo region called Beach, where's the Ka- Half of Strand, Amelie, resides, BB Sam was found. Amelie and Strand - both two halves of the same person - decided, out of maternal affection, to use their EE powers and revive the BB - which makes the revived Sam a repatriate: someone who can return from Limbo post death. The nature of the process, owing to an unforseen side-effect, triggered Death Stranding - a significant dissolution of the barriers between the realms of living and dead. Many creatures from the living plane were transported to the Beach plane, while roaming spirits from the Limbo plane, called BTs, were in turn transported to the plane of the Living. This caused sizeable apocalyptic events; the plane of death, and the BTs in essence are composed of antimatter, and when they devour someone who is alive, the reaction causes a Massive Explosion that leaves a crater. Since the events of Sam's death and revival occurred first on US, that is where the phenomenon of Death Stranding gradually began to occur, laying waste to most of the US in the process. The revived baby Sam no longer could serve as a BB, but the research data until the point were sufficient to produce artificial clones of baby Sam to be used as BT detectors and other purposes. The real baby Sam was adopted by President Strand and raised as her own son. As an adult, he marries a woman, but an unfortunate miscarriage and death causes a voidout of his wife's body, and Sam, suffering both from losing his wife, his unborn child, and public persecution, leaves his life to become a delivery guy...
Um what? That's lame.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
is it ever explained why they dont wear helmets when it rains seeing as how theres no way that little hood will keep the face safe from the rain 100%