• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
wtf is up with the regional pricing on steam

sort it out 505 games

Deleted member 4609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the EGS model doesn't really make sense for AAA games, which is why we've only seen it in special cases: Ubi is using the deal to prop their own store up and 2K severely reduced the exclusivity period for Borderlands and RDR2. No point in getting the money for 300K copies in advance when your game is basically guaranteed to top that in no time.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Thank god.

Why is the box art so god damn awful tho?

library_600x900_2x.jpg

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Almost picked up a PS4 copy today because I was 80% sure Timmy would snag this up. But I can easily wait half a year now.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
So its coming to both Steam and EGS?

Good.

Give people a choice and everyone wins.

It's smart move on Sony because they get a cut out of all these sales since not only is it their game, they published it, they funded it, they helped develop, uses their resources and engine. I don't know exactly how much but it's probably a lot based on all that. Now they get double the cut if instead they just made it EGS exclusive. I don't know, part of me thinks all this new forward thinking is all Jim Ryan. When it was under Shawn things were very different.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
So glad its coming to steam and no wait too hell yeah, hopefully the backlash has made pubs start to think twice about exclusives, let everyone play where they want to play.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It's smart move on Sony because they get a cut out of all these sales since not only is it their game, they published it, they funded it, they helped develop, uses their resources and engine. I don't know exactly how much but it's probably a lot based on all that. Now they get double the cut if instead they just made it EGS exclusive. I don't know, part of me thinks all this new forward thinking is all Jim Ryan. When it was under Shawn things were very different.

They only published it on PlayStation. The PC version is published by 505 Games.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
They only published it on PlayStation. The PC version is published by 505 Games.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. You're right but I meant they "published" it overall. it's their funding. You'll still see "Sony Interactive Entertainment Presents" on the PC\EGS game just like you would see it on PS4 on the intro of the game. 505 Games is being licensed by SIE to publish it on Steam\EGS. You can see it on the bottom of both store pages that just went up, similar to Detroit and Journey.

Last edited:

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, but I can't wait that long. I've got free time now, so PS4 it is. Maybe in the future if it's on a deep sale I might pick it up, especially when I upgrade my PC in a year or two to be able to run it at 4K.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
KojiPro's official Tweet regarding the PC release.

Edit: I guess this is what they call missing by a hair's breadth.