• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
oh so it's just straight up available for preorder? Wild. And it's up on both EGS and Steam? Would this mark the first time a game has launched on both of those store fronts at the same time?

There's been a few but it's rare. My Time at Portia and Subnautica Below Zero I think both were. Vampire the Masquerade 2, Cyberpunk and Death Stranding in the future.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I won't lie, with 505 Games publishing i was little worried about eventual Epic exclusive. This is huge news.

tumblr_onc22fx6pe1rbj7tho2_250.gifv

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Has valve changed their ToS so that they can't do a Metro anymore?

They didn't. And as always, I have no idea why folks assume Valve do nothing in regards to dev and business partner relations, trying to get games on their store etc. They're usually just not paying companies to do so (that we are aware of) and have always been philosophically opposed to exclusivity

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't. And as always, I have no idea why folks assume Valve do nothing in regards to dev and business partner relations, trying to get games on their store etc. They're usually just not paying companies and are philosophically opposes to exclusivity
I think people are just looking for security, in that other games won't pull a Metro Exodus.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
$60 bucks on Steam.

$32 bucks on EGS.

I guess no regional pricing on Steam.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
Game is about open boarders and making connections, I would have been surprised if it was an EGS exclusive. Same reason I was confident it wouldn't just be a PS4 exclusive.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Preordered on EGS for now just in case they remove the regional pricing on egs too. Will cancel it there and buy on steam in case that changes.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019

because Kojima just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Death Stranding for either system, nor will they purchase any of Kojima's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has alienated an entire market with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel Death Stranding for PC or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
They're probably a troll
i think so xD

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Death Stranding for either system, nor will they purchase any of Kojima's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has alienated an entire market with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel Death Stranding for PC or you can kiss your business goodbye.
lol

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool.

Im sure Epic tried but Valve seems way more active and open to making deals these days so it's great to see the sleepy giant finally awake and giving a shit.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017

This never gets old lol

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how the port is going to be. Thought current PC ports should be easy since the consoles are pretty much PCs, but looking at RDR2, guess not! LOL

Oct 27, 2017
Cool.

Im sure Epic tried but Valve seems way more active and open to making deals these days so it's great to see the sleepy giant finally awake and giving a shit.
You don't even know what happened here. Maybe Epic didn't pursue a deal, or maybe they couldn't offer enough, maybe they scaling back these lavish payouts for timed exclusives, who knows.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Zero regional pricing on EGS means it costs the same as on Steam for me. Which means I have no incentive to get it there.

Assuming I do get it.

Regional pricing was the only advantage EGS had over Steam in my region.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Zero regional pricing on EGS means it costs the same as on Steam for me. Which means I have no incentive to get it there.

Assuming I do get it.

Regional pricing was the only advantage EGS had over Steam in my region.
If you're from Brazil, EGS had regional pricing and then "fixed" it earlier