• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's no worry it'll be taken off Steam like Metro was a year ago, right? Like, you could buy Metro on Steam, then the EGS exclusivity deal happened and it dropped off the store.

Oct 28, 2017
Regional pricing has not been applied on Steam in my region, makes me think if the price is high to counter Steams higher purchase cut!?

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
hideo-kojima-valve-gayzkzp.jpg
Two of the best people on the planet.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it was around half the price on EGS just some hours ago and now both the stores have the same price.
Still wishing for the regional pricing to be applied before the game releases on the PC, so that I can connect with other games too.
What happened is that Epic is still manually adding the prices for the devs while Steam lets publishers put the prices they want. Some publishers are assholes and tend to not follow the regional pricing recomendations.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Literally no reason not to piggy-back off the release day hype. There's ads for it everywhere, people are gonna be typing it into search engines and Steam will be on the list.

oh no, I get that. I'm just shocked that people who maybe interested can just be like...oh it's here I can just pre order and wait. Not something I'd expect from such a huge backed Sony game.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
There's no worry it'll be taken off Steam like Metro was a year ago, right? Like, you could buy Metro on Steam, then the EGS exclusivity deal happened and it dropped off the store.

Given they explicitly announced it's a simultaneous release on both stores, it'd be a major faux pas to backtrack on that later.

not impossible, mind (depends how deep Sweeney's pockets are), but highly unlikely.

Not to mention that Metro Steam pre-orders were honoured even after the game was pulled from sale. They'd have to do the same fro Steam users who already put their cash down.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Ill join the collective sigh of relief. Sucks waiting to find out if games get an egs deal. :/

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Given they explicitly announced it's a simultaneous release on both stores, it'd be a major faux pas to backtrack on that later.

not impossible, mind (depends how deep Sweeney's pockets are), but highly unlikely.

Not to mention that Metro Steam pre-orders were honoured even after the game was pulled from sale. They'd have to do the same fro Steam users who already put their cash down.
Ya, I figured it's pretty much a done deal. I went ahead and pre-ordered anyway, just in case.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'd kill to know how many people voluntarily buy it on EGS. assuming there's no crazy caveat here

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
You PC guys are in for a treat,I booted the game up on base PS4 last night and the visuals are incredible....top of the line PC....oh boy!

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Tempted to preorder on Steam right now but with Black Friday sale just around the corner, I'm gonna hold on to my slush funds for that instead and nab Stranding after that all shakes out.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest concern for the game going from console to PC is how it will control with m/k.

I have a wired 360 pad but I just don't enjoy using it for PC gaming, opting for k/m setup instead.

But the way you have to use controller triggers to counterbalance yourself at virtually all times over rocky terrain makes me think the game will demand a controller and be pretty sub-par on k/m. I.E. if I'm using WASD for character movement, then using Q/E for stabilization simultaneously sounds like too much all at once.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
My biggest concern for the game going from console to PC is how it will control with m/k.

I have a wired 360 pad but I just don't enjoy using it for PC gaming, opting for k/m setup instead.

But the way you have to use controller triggers to counterbalance yourself at virtually all times over rocky terrain makes me think the game will demand a controller and be pretty sub-par on k/m. I.E. if I'm using WASD for character movement, then using Q/E for stabilization simultaneously sounds like too much all at once.

I'm fine using a controller, but I'm hoping they support simultaneous mouse + gamepad - my preferred Steam Controller setup for third person action games. It would be good if the also supported gyro control in the game, as Switch Pro, DS4 and Steam Controller can all do it anyway.

Obviously for mouse keyboard, they should have a solution in place. Guessing the scroll wheel and potentially multiple mouse buttons may get a lot of use

MufausaThe3rd

Dec 1, 2017
because Kojima just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Death Stranding for either system, nor will they purchase any of Kojima's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has alienated an entire market with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel Death Stranding for PC or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Stop making people lose brain cells.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious why Sony would elect to put so many resources into the development of the game (including the use of the decima engine and reportedly having a lot of GG staff assist in development) for something that's not exclusive

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm curious why Sony would elect to put so many resources into the development of the game (including the use of the decima engine and reportedly having a lot of GG staff assist in development) for something that's not exclusive
Because being on PC doesn't stop it being available on PlayStation? I don't get your point, having two platforms isn't bad and the majority of sales will probably be on PS4 anyway.

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017

Exclusivity mentality at his finest.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because being on PC doesn't stop it being available on PlayStation? I don't get your point, having two platforms isn't bad and the majority of sales will probably be on PS4 anyway.

Why aren't all the sony first party games on PC then if there's no downside? Of course there's a downside. Exclusivity makes people buy your console. What are you talking about lol

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why aren't all the sony first party games on PC then if there's no downside? Of course there's a downside. Exclusivity makes people buy your console. What are you talking about lol
What are you specifically talking about? PC ecosystem is its own thing because of the attraction of what multi-purpose functions it has not just in gaming. Having a first-party Sony title on the PC gaming space doesn't suddenly make the PlayStation 4 version invalid nor does it realistically impact the console release in any form when it is so delayed. There just isn't any real evidence to prove your point that such investment by Sony would be a waste by allowing it on PC as well. They still make money, and at the end of the day that's what matters most.